• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City (FA Cup)***

Surely there are fans of football (supporting many teams) who will feel the same as today, it was fudgeing ludicrous , pointless close ups of close up shots of facial expressions when you could hear the football had started. It may sound a tad dramatic but surely people who want to watch football may need to make it pretty clear that we don't want pointless 5th time slow mo replays or zoom ins on the same fat Leicester fan or Nabil bentaleb for that matter.

Who plans this brick?!?!

The same people that produce American reality shows?

We didn't actually create anything for the CF to try and score though ?

If we had there wouldnt have been anyone in the middle cos Son seemed to be out wide all the time. I thought he had a lot of good touches, tried to create things, but that guy just isnt a striker.

If we'd had an actual forward on the pitch, perhaps he would have been making the right runs for balls played through? Or indeed be able to hold a long ball up to bring runners into the game?

But then Harry drops deep as well, so is it the system.
I said yesterday if had had a penalty box type striker we would have won that game.

Only saw the second half. Very absorbing.
Happy our constant effort to equalise in the second half counted in the end; that'll be good for morale.
Certainly better than if we'd lost as those who came in to replace those who are currently 1st teamers would have felt even more like back-ups and would have reduced their general confidence.
I really want to win the FA Cup, but the extra game is making our objectives of also finishing top 3/4 tricky.

It might be best in the replay to also play some of those not currently first choice as well: if they can win that game to put us through the confidence that all/most of our squad can contribute significantly in the run-in will soar and be invaluable.

COYS

Ranieri and Leicester's tactics were spot on; as was MoPo's subs to try and eventually get us back into the match.
Very absorbing as i say.
I think what we really need in this window is not so much another CB, but another older DCM who will be happy to rotate. Dier may need a rest soon or even play at the back to give Toby a rest and another CM who has a good mind to track runners in behind would be great.

BTW, am i right that Ranieri has only lost to Spurs once, that being the infamous 5-1 league cup semi-final in 2002 when we were managed by GHod?
Time to break that Juju!!

Ranieri and Leicester's tactics were spot on; as was MoPo's subs to try and eventually get us back into the match.
Very absorbing as i say.
I think what we really need in this window is not so much another CB, but another older DCM who will be happy to rotate. Dier may need a rest soon or even play at the back to give Toby a rest and another CM who has a good mind to track runners in behind would be great.

BTW, am i right that Ranieri has only lost to Spurs once, that being the infamous 5-1 league cup semi-final in 2002 when we were managed by GHod?
Time to break that Juju!!

We were a different side back then!

Also I thought we looked quite ragged after we made our subs. Alli didn't adjust and we didn't find Kane at all.

We were a different side back then!

Also I thought we looked quite ragged after we made our subs. Alli didn't adjust and we didn't find Kane at all.

I kind of agree, they were set-up well. Also, our attacking moves needed a pacy runner in behind as we could have counter-attacked them well when we won the ball in our half, but had to pass more sideways than necessary due to not having this option. We missed N'Jie in that regard imo.
But i was worried about them on the break and i don't think it was just a case of them totally sitting back that they didn't punish us further, esp when Dier went off. I think the way we recycled the ball and attacked meant that eventually the knocks on the door were answered, albeit thanks to Dyer's octopus impression.
We've seen the likes of Arsenal and esp Manure do what we did yesterday many times before. Hopefully that never-say-die attitude we showed will be rewarded across the squad.

I kind of agree, they were set-up well. Also, our attacking moves needed a pacy runner in behind as we could have counter-attacked them well when we won the ball in our half, but had to pass more sideways than necessary due to not having this option. We missed N'Jie in that regard imo.
But i was worried about them on the break and i don't think it was just a case of them totally sitting back that they didn't punish us further, esp when Dier went off. I think the way we recycled the ball and attacked meant that eventually the knocks on the door were answered, albeit thanks to Dyer's octopus impression.
We've seen the likes of Arsenal and esp Manure do what we did yesterday many times before. Hopefully that never-say-die attitude we showed will be rewarded across the squad.

See I don't think it is a pacy player that we need in those games at all. I mean how is he going to run behind a defence that's practically stationed in front of the keeper. I tend to think if we can more bodies in the box (the likes of Alli and Kane - the subs were correct, we just lost control a little).

Carroll is good in games like these with the triangles he creates. We looked worse when he went off I thought.

See I don't think it is a pacy player that we need in those games at all. I mean how is he going to run behind a defence that's practically stationed in front of the keeper. I tend to think if we can more bodies in the box (the likes of Alli and Kane - the subs were correct, we just lost control a little).

Carroll is good in games like these with the triangles he creates. We looked worse when he went off I thought.

There were times when they moved it bit forward when they had posession halfway into our half, we regained posession, played a few neat passes but passes one or two too many sideways because we didn't have anyone to offer a pass in behind due to a lack of pace. We kept it well but then not having the ability to pass forward in behind meant they reorganised quite well behind the ball again.
Agree re Carrol, but he (and Eriksen imo) would have benefitted from having that person who had the pace to run in behind when Leicester did leave a counter-attacking opportunity or a gap in their defensive wall generally.

Thats why I want us to get a CF that can create goals himself out of nothing.. Time and time again Augero does this. I know we are unlikely to get this level of player but someone that has it that we can develop a bit..

We had no focal point - Son looked wide and in behind meaning we needed to find the perfect pass or move. Kane drops deep but he is excellent back to goal and brings others into play in the final 3rd. The ability to do that means we get our best attacking players on the ball in good areas and allows others to make runs in dangerous spots. For a large proportion of the second half, Onomah seemed to be the furthest forward. If we don't get back up for Kane, we will struggle to break teams down at points this season.

For me the gamble is an obvious one - spend a little more than we would like to secure a couple of good level players who will add in key positions (striker and a CM/centre half) if we do so the league isn't impossible and you would back us to make top 4. If we don't (which is what I expect) and he get a few unfortunate niggles or injuries then I believe that we will miss out on top 4 which would be a real error. Of course we could sign players and still finish 5th, but the choice to do so is so blooming obvious

Shocker of the match to me - One Spurs player pulling back another Spurs player while defending a corner!! GRRRR!!!!

or did the BBC have their microphones in Middle of the Leicester fans?

I can't repost on this ..as I'm just on my way down to london...
look forward to your posts later..not expecting many replies anyway//LOL

but It's an important issue...very important!

Coys...........................................................................

Once again a side came to the Lane and put 10 men behind the ball and we struggled to break them down and without the likes of Lamela and Ali we were toothless, we deserved at least the draw and lets hope they open up a bit more on their ground.

Funny how a lot of fans were screaming for a lot of changes and we end up with yet another game to play.

MOM for me was Carroll.

This game simply underscores why we need another top quality CF.

How did you feel the game changed character when Kane came on? If what you're saying is true and this game underscores the need for another CF surely the game should have changed significantly when Kane (a top quality CF) came on?

If anything I thought the game yesterday was very similar to a lot of our league games this season when Kane has been playing. We struggle to break down well organized, hard working teams like Leicester. This is a problem for the majority of teams in football. Our best period in terms of play and chances was in the first half (imo) with Son up front, not after Kane came on.

If we had there wouldnt have been anyone in the middle cos Son seemed to be out wide all the time. I thought he had a lot of good touches, tried to create things, but that guy just isnt a striker.

If we'd had an actual forward on the pitch, perhaps he would have been making the right runs for balls played through? Or indeed be able to hold a long ball up to bring runners into the game?

Son did quite a few things Kane often does. Working the channels, dropping deep, coming wide. Perhaps a bit less in the box than Kane, but being in the box for crosses isn't his strength so that seems fine. He's not Kane, and like you I would like another striker tha is good with his back to the goal. But Son did fine for me yesterday - particularly as he too isn't exactly in top form.

We were also without Lamela and Alli - and of course the much lauded Dembele. Alli has at least at times been further forward than Kane on heat maps etc this season, those runs into the box from midfield to go past Kane is important for us. And we saw again yesterday when Alli came on that he did that really well at least on one occasion. Off form Chadli, very young Onomah, not fully firing Eriksen and still settling Carroll simply didn't offer anywhere the same quality as our first choice 11 does in terms of supporting the striker.

We had no focal point - Son looked wide and in behind meaning we needed to find the perfect pass or move. Kane drops deep but he is excellent back to goal and brings others into play in the final 3rd. The ability to do that means we get our best attacking players on the ball in good areas and allows others to make runs in dangerous spots. For a large proportion of the second half, Onomah seemed to be the furthest forward. If we don't get back up for Kane, we will struggle to break teams down at points this season.

For me the gamble is an obvious one - spend a little more than we would like to secure a couple of good level players who will add in key positions (striker and a CM/centre half) if we do so the league isn't impossible and you would back us to make top 4. If we don't (which is what I expect) and he get a few unfortunate niggles or injuries then I believe that we will miss out on top 4 which would be a real error. Of course we could sign players and still finish 5th, but the choice to do so is so blooming obvious

You accept then that spending more in the difficult January window will mean less money to spend in the summer? It just doesn't seem like a great answer to me...

Even some excellent January signings (Evra, Vidic, Suarez) has taken considerable time settling in and not really made an immediate impact. Signing players in January looking for an immediate impact also seems to limit our options significantly to mainly PL proven players...

I think our transfer committee has done great work since Pochettino arrived. People have done a hell of a lot of complaining, particularly about us not being willing to pay more for players we've been linked to. But I would say I trust our transfer committee to make good decisions on if a particular "gamble" makes sense or not. Regardless of how obvious it seems to you.

How did you feel the game changed character when Kane came on? If what you're saying is true and this game underscores the need for another CF surely the game should have changed significantly when Kane (a top quality CF) came on?

If anything I thought the game yesterday was very similar to a lot of our league games this season when Kane has been playing. We struggle to break down well organized, hard working teams like Leicester. This is a problem for the majority of teams in football. Our best period in terms of play and chances was in the first half (imo) with Son up front, not after Kane came on.

Son did quite a few things Kane often does. Working the channels, dropping deep, coming wide. Perhaps a bit less in the box than Kane, but being in the box for crosses isn't his strength so that seems fine. He's not Kane, and like you I would like another striker tha is good with his back to the goal. But Son did fine for me yesterday - particularly as he too isn't exactly in top form.

We were also without Lamela and Alli - and of course the much lauded Dembele. Alli has at least at times been further forward than Kane on heat maps etc this season, those runs into the box from midfield to go past Kane is important for us. And we saw again yesterday when Alli came on that he did that really well at least on one occasion. Off form Chadli, very young Onomah, not fully firing Eriksen and still settling Carroll simply didn't offer anywhere the same quality as our first choice 11 does in terms of supporting the striker.

You accept then that spending more in the difficult January window will mean less money to spend in the summer? It just doesn't seem like a great answer to me...

Even some excellent January signings (Evra, Vidic, Suarez) has taken considerable time settling in and not really made an immediate impact. Signing players in January looking for an immediate impact also seems to limit our options significantly to mainly PL proven players...

I think our transfer committee has done great work since Pochettino arrived. People have done a hell of a lot of complaining, particularly about us not being willing to pay more for players we've been linked to. But I would say I trust our transfer committee to make good decisions on if a particular "gamble" makes sense or not. Regardless of how obvious it seems to you.

I would have expected Kane to play more up front with Son off him. However, he seemed to play deeper when he came on with Son remaining the only striker. Like you, I want a more physical lone striker that can play with his back to goal and most importantly get in the box when we attack. Without Alli on the pitch, it is often only Kane there. I would have switched Kane and Son around. I think with both on the pitch and Kane providing the muscle and Son the guile (together with Alli making late runs) we would be a much more potent attacking threat, especially against sides parking the bus. We simply didn't have enough personnel in the box when we desperately needed a goal. Rose and Trippier's crossing also need much work. They get into great positions but often don't deliver the right cross.

Back