• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fulham

What about Holtby now, ****ers!!!
About time he delivered something now! Hes been here a year, and has hardly set our team on fire!

I love the type, but im not pleased by his appearances

No matter! Lucky 3 points, lets hope the tide turns properly soon! COYS!

Thought I would watch the whole game before posting. My conclusion is that it was, yet again, absolute drivel ! We have not improved one single iota since day one of the season. Anyone who thinks them 2 strikes will make up for another 90 more minutes of ****e, must be on another planet. Of course AVB wont be sacked until the season is dead and buried, and then of course, its too late.

Lennon has been immense since being introduced back in the team, once and for all showing how much better he is than Townsend.

I agree

I thought Walker had a very good game as well, again, he's put his troubles of last term behind him by the looks of it

Vald's had some luck about it - not hitting a defender - but Holtby's was class, unless you think that every shot from distance a lucky strike.

It was a borderline screamer and thats the freaking point. That's what it takes for us to score a goal nowadays.

It was a borderline screamer and thats the freaking point. That's what it takes for us to score a goal nowadays.

Thanks for clarifying and not saying it was 'lucky'. Because it wasn't. I agree that we still look pretty toothless up front. Apart from decent missed chances there seems to be a lack of desire to get to the byline and pull the ball back.

People have to take into account how much effort Fulham put in today. Really happy with our performance.

I agree

I thought Walker had a very good game as well, again, he's put his troubles of last term behind him by the looks of it

Lennon, Walker, Defoe, Lloris and Chiriches all had good games.

Same can't be said however about Michael Dawson.

Lennon has been immense since being introduced back in the team, once and for all showing how much better he is than Townsend.

That's funny. In commentary, I never heard his name mentioned once.

Can you list his positive contributions ?

People have to take into account how much effort Fulham put in today. Really happy with our performance.

Exactly.

I have no doubt if Arsenal had won today with this exact performance people would be saying that these are the type of games you need to win to win the league etc.

That's funny. In commentary, I never heard his name mentioned once.

Can you list his positive contributions ?

Causing problems for the defence
Setting up Defoe and Paulinho numerous times who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo
Assist for the winner.

if they'd have put in half of that effort against west ham they would be 3 points better off and Jol would still be in a job

My conclusion is that it was, yet again, absolute drivel

Good GHod, we win away against a team with a new manager, and people aren't happy. You couldn't make it up!!!!

My conclusion is that it was, yet again, absolute drivel

Good GHod, we win away against a team with a new manager, and people aren't happy. You couldn't make it up!!!!

Quite amazing, isn't it? It was a war, and we won it. Couldn't be happier!

Causing problems for the defence
Setting up Defoe and Paulinho numerous times who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo
Assist for the winner.

Thanks. His contribution really didn't sound like that in commentary.

Wait what? i thought itw as all going according to plan and we should win 0-2?

In reality for 30 minutes of the first half we were utterly ****e but you refused to acknowledge that because in your mind it's all part of some big plan....to conserve energy for later in the game. You fail to grasp that 'later in the game' means **** all if they scored the few clear chances they had. Then we would be performing 'later on in the game' from a 0-2 starting position.

Ok, I admit it. I got it totally wrong. My post in the first half was nonsense. We ended up winning 2-1 and not 2-0. Still, can't get it all right can I?

Seriously though, what logic of mine are you arguing against here? Do you deny that slowing down the tempo and patiently probing takes the sting out of the game, and allows us not to be lured into an end-to-end slug fest that saps our energy and allows poor mid-table sides the space to play because we can't catch them. Do you deny that? Because that's what my logic is. I'm 99% certain that's what AVB's logic is too. What I like is that usually, periods of pressure and rest are inevitable, but with our way, we control when they happen. That means when we need to score, we usually can make a pretty good fist of it rather than meekly limping away from the game.

First first 30 minutes of the half we were not 'utterly ****e'. I wouldn't appear to be so positive if I wasn't debating against people coming out with ridiculously negative statements like that. Was it a classic performance? No. We were poor in our passing. Fulham were pressing us well when we got into their half, like most teams will try and do. Villa tried it earlier in the season and got a good first half out of it. But still, we gave Defoe a chance that he has buried plenty of times down the years with his first effort. We gave Paulinho an open goal. We gave Lamela a chance he is more than capable of scoring. That's just off the top of my head. Did Fulham have chances too? Sure. They were a side playing for their new manager and looking to give their fans a response to a poor run of form. Their energy was great tonight and they kept up the pressure on us for a long time. But if we are going to play the 'if they scored that chance and we missed that chance' game then if we scored all our shots and they missed all of theirs, we would have won tonight 18-0.

Just so you know, the fact that playing with the philosophy we have means we might still concede first and have to score more goals isn't news to me. I do understand. But the point is we are making sure we can respond in the periods of the game when the opposition is weakest, rather than going at them when they are at their most alert. I'm sure people would love it if we go at teams straight away but we could concede 1 or 2 goals then, and have to fight back later in the match when we've used up our peak condition and limp to a poor defeat ala Liverpool on the weekend. Periods of high and low intensity for both teams are inevitable in a match. We are just controlling when they happen for us and over a long season, we will reap the benefits of that.

I was pretty confident we'd get at least 1 goal tonight after we conceded but I knew it was going to be tough, they then sat back and brought Sidwell on to add some energy and were a bit unlucky with Chiriches' strike going in. But, if you are going to invite a team to play around your box you run the risk of that happening, so I don't feel too bad for them. We gifted them a goal with Dawson's hospital pass and I think while they put on a good display tonight, we were the better side playing the better football and deserved it.

Back