• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fulham

Thanks. His contribution really didn't sound like that in commentary.

Did you watch the game or was it a radio job?

He caused problems whenever he got the ball and his defensive shift is excellent, it's great to see him in the team again.

I thought AVB did well, bringing on the attacking players to really change the game, I hope he starts like this against other teams. There's no need to have 3 non offensive midfielders on the pitch, arsenal do ok with just the 1 dm in flamini or even ****eta.

Thought I would watch the whole game before posting. My conclusion is that it was, yet again, absolute drivel ! We have not improved one single iota since day one of the season. Anyone who thinks them 2 strikes will make up for another 90 more minutes of ****e, must be on another planet. Of course AVB wont be sacked until the season is dead and buried, and then of course, its too late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHPOzQzk9Qo

The amount of complete ******** in this thread. I'm amazed at the effort some of you put into being negative. It was a good game. We were sloppy at the back, but that's because Vertonghen keeps falling asleep at LB and Dawson is a walking mistake. We created loads of really good chances and there were some really positive signs of progression. Still not there, but we're moving in the right direction.

BarCa3ECcAIdX1n.jpg

Exactly this. If players can't expend energy for 90 minutes I don't know what the world is coming to.

It's not about expending energy for 90 minutes. It's about coming at the opposition with a peak intensity at crucial moments of the game. Fulham were a great example of it tonight, they had loads of energy and they were really hoping they got something tonight. They battered themselves to the ground and I won't be surprised if next game they play very badly because of it.

Pretty easily when they no longer back the manager. Its was patently obvious away at Man C - there is no way back from that point and the chairman/board need to act asap.

AVB is toast - the sooner we make the change the better

Say what now?

That's funny. In commentary, I never heard his name mentioned once.

Can you list his positive contributions ?

He was very effective mate…you'd have to have seen it…you know what? They fought hard and they showed character. They showed me what they want todo, and Steklenwhatever made some excellent saves, particularly from Paulinho's near-post flick header…

Lloris was in fine form and other than Daws being again poor and Verts out of sorts (might have been playing with an injury anyway?) it was a decent performance against a side with new manager desperate to show themselves. Lamela got stronger and stronger, to the point that I am absolutely convinced that if trained/developed properly, he will be a monster next season…thought JD played well too other than missing a chance I'd expect him to have leathered with his right not flicked with his left.

Anyway…COYS!

Another step in the right direction,but only just, not as good a performance as Sunday, but I thought once Jol got the sack this game was going to be 10times harder than it would have been had he not.

They were always going to put in a performance tonight. Okay we didnt play, but we have shown resilience to come back from a goal down.
We will have to play better to win at Sunderland. I'll worry about the Liverpool match next week

Lennon has been immense since being introduced back in the team, once and for all showing how much better he is than Townsend.

Have to say I'm surprised at just how good Lennon has been. He really is way ahead of Andros at the moment - perculiar that he is nowhere near England while Andros is.

BoL you make a good case for football played in such a theoretical way. Most people on here ( not the most objective audience I know, but the only one I can rely on as I dint see the game myself,) thought we got out of jail with two wonder goals after an abject performance, not part of some grand pre prepared plan.

On your wider point, if this is indeed AVB's masterplan for the rest of the season and beyond, I have to say that it is not one that I for one relish. Suffocating the opposition is not how I want to watch football. Sorry.

The amount of complete ******** in this thread. I'm amazed at the effort some of you put into being negative. It was a good game. We were sloppy at the back, but that's because Vertonghen keeps falling asleep at LB and Dawson is a walking mistake. We created loads of really good chances and there were some really positive signs of progression. Still not there, but we're moving in the right direction.

BarCa3ECcAIdX1n.jpg

Agreed. People saying we failed to create chances simply didn't watch the game, or are in denial because they really want to be negative. We did. Saying otherwise is a lie.

I know Walker gets alot of **** but i think he's been one of our best players this season

Back