• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fulham

If my aunt had a c0ck...etc

Great answer dude...

Seriously, have a look at the heatmaps in the link provided by Jordinho. Very little difference between Paulinho/Soldado compared to Rooney/Welbeck. Just because you think both Rooney and Welbeck "are strikers" doesn't mean that they played with two strikers whereas we played some murky other formation. Players can play multiple positions and various roles.

I didn't see Thursday. But I think Chadli brings nice balance. I like how he retains possession (he usually has most passes completed, and early in the season was creating most of our chances) and his physique offers something no-one else up top has.

He gives more width than Siggy (who is his main rival), which is important till Rose comes back

I would also keep Townsend well away from starting 11 for a while now for his own protection. And Townsend would need to play instead of Lennon, not as well as him.

I noticed too many occasions when Chadli was no where to be seen on the left flank. As for Townsend I would play him, but only on the left wing so he gives us width and provides crosses into the box instead of on the right where he cuts in on his right.

I figure Townsend is left footed and is a winger so how about playing on the left wing?

Great answer dude...

Seriously, have a look at the heatmaps in the link provided by Jordinho. Very little difference between Paulinho/Soldado compared to Rooney/Welbeck. Just because you think both Rooney and Welbeck "are strikers" doesn't mean that they played with two strikers whereas we played some murky other formation. Players can play multiple positions and various roles.

I don't need heat maps. I just need my eyes. Wayne Rooney is a striker. He is the 5th best striker in the history of the EPL and if he continues he will likely wind up as at least the 2nd best striker in EPL history and if he looks after himself like Giggs maybe the best.

I noticed too many occasions when Chadli was no where to be seen on the left flank. As for Townsend I would play him, but only on the left wing so he gives us width and provides crosses into the box instead of on the right where he cuts in on his right.

I figure Townsend is left footed and is a winger so how about playing on the left wing?

Townsend put in three times as many crosses today as Lennon did though.

I don't need heat maps. I just need my eyes. Wayne Rooney is a striker. He is the 5th best striker in the history of the EPL and if he continues he will likely wind up as at least the 2nd best striker in EPL history and if he looks after himself like Giggs maybe the best.

Wait, did you just say that you don't need other information than your eyes and then go on to rate who the best strikers in the PL have been based exclusively on their goal total?

Rooney is a top class player capable of playing as a striker and also capable of playing in other positions and roles. I cannot understand why that is a contentious issue.

Wait, did you just say that you don't need other information than your eyes and then go on to rate who the best strikers in the PL have been based exclusively on their goal total?

Rooney is a top class player capable of playing as a striker and also capable of playing in other positions and roles. I cannot understand why that is a contentious issue.

It is not contentious to me.

Gerrard has played full back for Liverpool but he ain't a full back.

I didn't see Thursday. But I think Chadli brings nice balance. I like how he retains possession (he usually has most passes completed, and early in the season was creating most of our chances) and his physique offers something no-one else up top has.

He gives more width than Siggy (who is his main rival), which is important till Rose comes back

I would also keep Townsend well away from starting 11 for a while now for his own protection. And Townsend would need to play instead of Lennon, not as well as him.

Essentially though none of today's lot deserve to be dropped and none of the subs made a case for inclusion.

More pace than Siggy too and a better crosser with his left foot.

Same reason as Bale doesn't play on the left-wing - because he's better going towards goal, rather than to the touchline. The right has always been Townsend's preferred side, he's not being used out of position.

In tandem with the decline of the traditional CF, I would say almost the majority of wide players in football play on the 'wrong' side these days.

Chadli (right-footed left-sided) and Lamela (left-footed right-sided) are two more.

United were not 4-4-2

Rooney behind Wellbeck can be called a 442 just like AVB said we playing a 442 with Bale behind Defoe.
But United only changed to that in the second half they where a 4231 first half with Wellbeck on the left and Kawawa behind Rooney.

It is not contentious to me.

Gerrard has played full back for Liverpool but he ain't a full back.

Hardly comparable. Gerrard played as a full back for what, half a game of football?

Rooney regularly plays as an attacking midfielder/number 10/in the hole for United.

Rooney behind Wellbeck can be called a 442 just like AVB said we playing a 442 with Bale behind Defoe.
But United only changed to that in the second half they where a 4231 first half with Wellbeck on the left and Kawawa behind Rooney.

Sure it can be called a 4-4-2. However if that is called a 4-4-2 what is the difference between that and what we played with Paulinho close to Soldado? If the only difference is that Rooney "is a striker" and Paulinho "is a midfielder" but the two systems are functionally the same and the players are taking up similar positions then both should be described in a similar fashion.

The problem with that approach is that people are prone to seeing things that confirm their views and ignore things that contradict them. Looking at heat maps gives you a way of looking at the positions a player takes up with our bias removed.

If you look at the player dashboards, Rooney, Kagawa and Welbeck were all over the place, but rarely where you'd expect a striker to be. Valencia stuck to his job as a winger.

Be a good chance to give Lamela a game. Not really fair throwing him out against Emirates Marketing Project away as his first premier league start

If it looks like ****, smells like **** I won't bother to taste it before I declare it as ****.

Sheesh..all this because I want two strikers on the pitch at the same time.

Some here are in the Egyptian river.

Be a good chance to give Lamela a game. Not really fair throwing him out against Emirates Marketing Project away as his first premier league start

He sulked when asked to play on the left at Roma. He has not looked good on the left for us. Townsend is better than him right now on the right but doesn't score.
But then neither does Lennon or Lamela.
If AVB insists on only one striker why not try Lamela as the most forward guy.

Sandro Dembele/Paulinho
Townsend Chadli
Lamela
The Spanish bloke

Back