• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fulham

Groundhog_Day_091.jpg

Site rules

If you disagree with someone, explain why rather than being dismissive.

Other than Defoe and Lennon, none of our players have any history of playing in a 4-4-2. It would be as alien to them as asking them to revert to the classic 3-2-5/WM.

Football is a simple game. If we win playing 4-5-1..perfect. If we are not winning playing 4-5-1 let's change it.

Sometimes lumping the ball upfield is an acceptable option, too. If you have a big bloke up front. I am calling for options.,

4-5-1 has been f@cking dull, dull, dull and it would have been duller than dull today if United had played the same. They went 4-4-2 and made a game of it.

I would like us to try that, too.

Spurs have a proud history of ENTERTAINMENT. That is why we have so many fans despite our lack of success.

Football is a simple game. If we win playing 4-5-1..perfect. If we are not winning playing 4-5-1 let's change it.

Sometimes lumping the ball upfield is an acceptable option, too. If you have a big bloke up front. I am calling for options.,

4-5-1 has been f@cking dull, dull, dull and it would have been duller than dull today if United had played the same. They went 4-4-2 and made a game of it.

I would like us to try that, too.

Spurs have a proud history of ENTERTAINMENT. That is why we have so many fans despite our lack of success.

United were not 4-4-2

Lloris
Walker - Dawson - Chiriches - Vertonghen
Sandro - Dembele
Lennon - Paulinho - Townsend
Soldado​

Would really like to see this team, Lennon has been brilliant whenever I have seen him play in the league this year and I think seeing Townsend on his natural left providing width would be great to see, Paulinho had his best game in a while against Man Utd, might have been that rest mid week, he certainly needed it. Dembele and Sandro as we know are one of the best partnerships in the league and I think today once again proved it.

Same back four as I feel Kaboul hasn't really done anything to prove his worth, Dawson is captain and I can't see him being dropped, we definitely need Rose back though, Vertonghen really needs to be playing centre half.

I presume Meulensteen was brought in in the first place with half an eye on the possibility of Jol leaving. As such, I suppose they'll give him the job till end of the season rather than looking for someone else now. In fact, they should probably offer him a 2 year contract right away to give some stability to him and team. He seems qualified enough to warrant that risk.

Not great for us that we don't get a bit of post-sacking turmoil to play against.

Must admit, I am looking forward to this. Seems like one of those games where we would slip up. We don't have the best form at the moment, have been struggling to score all season, Fulham have been struggling all season in need of a win and now a new manager, but the Man Utd result gave me confidence.

I thought we moved the ball that little bit quicker, I thought at times Soldado and Paulinho linked up well which is what I thought they would do, I mean I've always wanted Paulinho to play further forward, I don't think his passing or touch is good enough to play a role in the middle where that would involve good dribbling, decent passing and a good touch. Dembele and Sandro should be our two in the middle at all times.

I just worry about the defence, people have said we have been lucky in defence, but for me we had such a good defensive record at the start because at the time we had our strongest back four, we had Rose at left back who was pretty damn good defensively and great offensively often linking up well with Chadli, we also had Vertonghen in his natural position where he is one of, if not the best in the league. Once we get Rose back, we'll have Jan at centre half and hopefully the solidarity will be back amongst the back five.

I think we'll win this one 0-2.

***********Lloris
Walker Dawson Chiriches Vertonghen

*******Sandro Dembele
*********Paulinho

Lennon**************Chadli
**********Soldado

0-3 (Soldado 2, Paulinho 1)

You never cease to befuddle me Gutter Boy, after today and Thursday I am shocked that you would pick Chadli to start against Fulham. Chadli was truly shocking today and yet you think he was good enough to start our next match.

You never cease to befuddle me Gutter Boy, after today and Thursday I am shocked that you would pick Chadli to start against Fulham. Chadli was truly shocking today and yet you think he was good enough to start our next match.

Chadli was far from shocking today.

Chadli was far from shocking today.

Agreed.

Chadli gets unnecessary hate because he doesn't beat men for pace like a Lennon or cut in and score a screamer like Bale. He's a steady footballer who's strong on the ball, rarely loses possession, puts in a great shift and will end up with assists and goals throughout the season.

Agreed.

Chadli gets unnecessary hate because he doesn't beat men for pace like a Lennon or cut in and score a screamer like Bale. He's a steady footballer who's strong on the ball, rarely loses possession, puts in a great shift and will end up with assists and goals throughout the season.

I also think it could be because he's not a marquee signing or glamour player. Big, strong, works hard and doesn't give away possession needlessly in dangerous areas.

Footballs crazy like that. I thought Chadli was more than just decent today. I think he should be given a few games to establish himself now. That is his genuine position and one in which we've struggled

I didn't see Thursday. But I think Chadli brings nice balance. I like how he retains possession (he usually has most passes completed, and early in the season was creating most of our chances) and his physique offers something no-one else up top has.

He gives more width than Siggy (who is his main rival), which is important till Rose comes back

I would also keep Townsend well away from starting 11 for a while now for his own protection. And Townsend would need to play instead of Lennon, not as well as him.

Essentially though none of today's lot deserve to be dropped and none of the subs made a case for inclusion.

I didn't see Thursday. But I think Chadli brings nice balance. I like how he retains possession (he usually has most passes completed, and early in the season was creating most of our chances) and his physique offers something no-one else up top has.

He gives more width than Siggy (who is his main rival), which is important till Rose comes back

I would also keep Townsend well away from starting 11 for a while now for his own protection. And Townsend would need to play instead of Lennon, not as well as him.

Essentially though none of today's lot deserve to be dropped and none of the subs made a case for inclusion.

I agree everybody today did ok for a lot of the game but Soldado was ineffectual and Lennon faded badly. United were well on top in the second half until Townsend came on.

So no way the same team for Fulham. who are not as good as United who IMO are not very good.
Our formation made Jones and Cleverly and even Smalling look world class.

Back