• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project***

Why do I get the feeling that Wigan away will be tougher than this?

Is it just because it's the Tottenham way?

Yes ... I can't be understanding to the criticism he's been receiving by some.

Unfortunately some just have to criticise, warranted or not.. It's a sad way of living, but its an all to common occurrence round these parts. Find it hard to criticise any players after a performance like today's .. Unbelievably happy.

AVB is my hero... Redknapp would have waited til 85 mins before making some poor like-for-like changes that did fudge all to change the match. Every sub AVB made had a vital influence along with the tactical change.

Also I would like to give a special mention to Kyle Walker... at 0-1 I thought he was going to have a pot-shot before he passed to Bale. Great decision, great ball followed by an even better one from Bale and Dempsey cleaning up as per usual at the back post. Normally Walker hasn't shown such composure, he is coming along nicely as a player.

When we have another CM, one or two wide players and a new striker we are going to be incredible... let's just hope we'll be in the CL!

PS. Is Bale from the right the future? Next season perhaps?

Didn't say I thought he played well. Check back to see how critical of Ade I was - he never showed or moved for the ball in attack.

When city were fresh their defense were excellent and it's a tough job playing on your own up front against them. Just trying to balance out all of the 'hope he never plays for us again' brick.

"Could still be a good player." When? Ben hearing that all year. He gave the team NOTHING! Defoe came on and did some attacking running, instead of standing next to a defender doing sweet FA. Sorry, his time is well and truely up.

Why do I get the feeling that Wigan away will be tougher than this?

Is it just because it's the Tottenham way?
FFS we haveto start believing at some point..............Come on you Spurs...

How this win has lifted my gloom...Thats cos I LOVE SPURS>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Didn't say I thought he played well. Check back to see how critical of Ade I was - he never showed or moved for the ball in attack.

When city were fresh their defense were excellent and it's a tough job playing on your own up front against them. Just trying to balance out all of the 'hope he never plays for us again' brick.

Agreed. Defoe made a difference today in his own, limited way. He could have easily missed and we would all have been moaning at him for not passing. To start Defoe would have been a massive mistake, he was so dangerous mainly because he came off the bench.

Defoe is a goal threat especially from the bench against teams who will be attacking us even if they're winning, but I would still start Ade over him because bringing Ade off the bench is totally pointless if we need to change something up.

Don't get me wrong Defoe made the difference today and Ade would have never got in that position let alone scored but I still think Ade should start... even less would have been sticking up front in the early stages without him.

I can't wait til we sign a complete striker...

As an addendum, I was a bit put off by Hudd's substitution, I must admit. I agreed with the move (bringing him on), but I thought taking Parker off would result in us losing a bit of defensive cover, what with Hudd being less than mobile.

As we all saw, though, it worked brilliantly, with Dembele, Hudd and Hotlby working really well together. That is the difference between this and last season: a proactive manager who can make a substitution that not all of us can see coming. :)

I will never understand football, never. I am a pessimistic taco at times and yet it never ceases to amaze me. I am a Tottenham Hotspur supporter.

As an addendum, I was a bit put off by Hudd's substitution, I must admit. I agreed with the move (bringing him on), but I thought taking Parker off would result in us losing a bit of defensive cover, what with Hudd being less than mobile.

As we all saw, though, it worked brilliantly, with Dembele, Hudd and Hotlby working really well together. That is the difference between this and last season: a proactive manager who can make a substitution that not all of us can see coming. :)

This. This. This. AVB you are a legend just keep it going til the end of the season......

Playing with Ade is like starting with ten men. It is embarrassing. I would rather start with Dempsey up front than Adebayor. There is no passion in him...no nothing. He gets pushed off the ball, cannot win a header. How often did he actually touch the ball? Not much, in any meaningful sense? Shots? Any at all?

Playing with Ade is like starting with ten men. It is embarrassing. I would rather start with Dempsey up front than Adebayor. There is no passion in him...no nothing. He gets pushed off the ball, cannot win a header. How often did he actually touch the ball? Not much, in any meaningful sense? Shots? Any at all?

Oh please have you ever seen Dempsey lead the line? He is fudging terrible. Like the worst bits of Ade and Defoe rolled into one.

We have 2 mediocre strikers, one of whom is allergic to goals, the other is just a poacher whose primary method of scoring is bang it as hard as he can.

Do you really think Defoe would have been receiving the ball in behind so early in the match when none of the opposition were tired? And more to the point, with no-one on the pitch to actually play that ball? Do you think he would have had the pace to get that half-yard from Kompany in the 10th minute? Would Defoe have come close to holding anything up or challenging in the air at all? Ade isn't great but Defoe is just woeful in these areas.

We need to keep starting Ade and using Defoe as an impact sub, at least in the home games. Perhaps Defoe should get a chance away to Wigan though... but then who can we bring off the bench? I cannot see Ade coming on and winning the game and unless Lennon makes the bench we will have no direct players to bring on.

tumblr_mlm1mff7Qi1qg3b6po1_500.jpg

Yeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss!!!! Get in !!!!!

Well done avb....... Earnt your crust today son!!!!

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Could still be a good player." When? Ben hearing that all year. He gave the team NOTHING! Defoe came on and did some attacking running, instead of standing next to a defender doing sweet FA. Sorry, his time is well and truely up.

Maybe we could hire a Hitman or get someone to break his legs. He can't do anything for us anymore.

You don't think he could do a job in our squad?

AVB clearly thinks otherwise.

Last edited:
Back