• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project (part 1/3) ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Win lose or draw the next 2 games we have against this lot, I really want us to kick the sh1t out of them. Especially Fernandinho, his achilles should be completely shredded by the end of the next game.

Hopefully we'll have Dier for at least the PL game. Better still if he can be back for next Wednesday.

• Spurs have progressed to the next round on each of the past nine occasions in which they have won the first leg of a European knockout match (excluding qualifiers).
  • Emirates Marketing Project have lost all five of their European matches against English opposition, including all three in the Champions League.
  • City have been eliminated from all three of their previous Champions League knockout matches when they have lost the first leg.

The best and worst thing this morning is the thoughts of what might be. How many times before has the hope killed me but I just don’t learn.

I expected nothing from this tie, absolutely nothing. Now we’re winning and they didn’t score. fudge me, we score up there and we really have a chance. And if we got through it would be Juve or Ajax. With respect, that’s the draw you’d want. And if we could get through that...

Ah fudge sake. This Spurs-supporting nonsense really defies all logic.

Obviously delighted we won and everything, but what was Pep thinking, crazy tactics imo.
Maybe underestimated us and thought they could stroll to victory, maybe some of his squad are running on empty? Either way hope he does the same next week.

The best and worst thing this morning is the thoughts of what might be. How many times before has the hope killed me but I just don’t learn.

I expected nothing from this tie, absolutely nothing. Now we’re winning and they didn’t score. fudge me, we score up there and we really have a chance. And if we got through it would be Juve or Ajax. With respect, that’s the draw you’d want. And if we could get through that...

One game at a time! But while I dont expect a result in Manchester, I do feel we have every chance of getting one.

When you consider we can lose 2-1 and still go through, we really should be positive.

Clearly we can get at City, we opened them up a number of times and I have to assume there will be more space in the second leg as they try to push on and overwhelm us.

I did even think - Kane not being available might even be a blessing, we can play without an orthodox striker which will confuse their defence, and have some real pace in Moura and Son to hit them with.

Its all to play for, and we hold an advantage, which is great. Why not allow a little optimism!?

Maybe underestimated us and thought they could stroll to victory, maybe some of his squad are running on empty? Either way hope he does the same next week.

I think he just fudged it, fetishised the 1st leg 0-0 and forgot that he had Sterling against Trippier, had he started de Bruyne and fed Sterling in space they could have crucified us.

Yeah lot of 8/10 performances. I’d plump for Rose only because he was walking a tightrope from the yellow and sometimes isnt the most level headed. But he was magnificent.
Yes again did great especially when you think how gutted he must have felt when the pen was awarded, to get a yellow card too.. deary me.

I think he just fudged it, fetishised the 1st leg 0-0 and forgot that he had Sterling against Trippier, had he started de Bruyne and fed Sterling in space they could have crucified us.

Its a credit to us that he felt he had to protect that first leg result and not play their usual game, Im not sure if thats him fetishing the 0-0 or having a genuine respect/fear of what could happen if he opened up against us.

It does mean though that we now have an advantage, and the knowledge we can go toe to toe with them - and the next game he has little choice but to open up. Could backfire in a big way.

Smart money says for us to play a compact game and counter on them. I think their defence isnt great and there will be space to run at them. Though thats not to say we sit deep and invite them on, that would be a very dangerous game to play.

They will of course HAVE to come out of the blocks firing on all cylinders. They will hope to get one or even two and have us rocking. If we can hold firm the first 20 minutes I think the balance of the game shifts to us the longer it goes on.

Should be interesting.

Its a credit to us that he felt he had to protect that first leg result and not play their usual game, Im not sure if thats him fetishing the 0-0 or having a genuine respect/fear of what could happen if he opened up against us.

It does mean though that we now have an advantage, and the knowledge we can go toe to toe with them - and the next game he has little choice but to open up. Could backfire in a big way.

Smart money says for us to play a compact game and counter on them. I think their defence isnt great and there will be space to run at them. Though thats not to say we sit deep and invite them on, that would be a very dangerous game to play.

They will of course HAVE to come out of the blocks firing on all cylinders. They will hope to get one or even two and have us rocking. If we can hold firm the first 20 minutes I think the balance of the game shifts to us the longer it goes on.

Should be interesting.

Yep, it's interesting that they shat the bed against the dippers at this stage last year too, also, Pep hasn't won a CL QF since 2011.

Should be interesting.

Or nerve wracking!

Dont do it to yourself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back