• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project (part 1/3) ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
@milo New WHL for MOTM - atmosphere was electric. All of you mob lucky enough to be there - how did it compare to the loudest night at Old WHL?

From The Guardain match report:

Son struck the winner in the 78th minute, cutting inside Fabian Delph before letting fly with his left foot and getting lucky when Ederson, City’s goalkeeper, let the ball go beneath his body.

WTF??? The bias against us from many in the press is astounding. Son leathered that shot and it was too fast fro Ederson, despite Ederson being better than Gordon Banks according to the commentators I was listening to.

Kane injured himself. Can't blame Delph, or anyone else for that one. Kane was way too late, and it was a tackle he didn't have to make.

Don't even try to gaslight me with that rubbish mate. Seriously. Delph knew what he was leaving in that challenge. He's done that sort of brick for years, like Young does. If Charlie Adam did it you'd notice.

n.b. apologies for the rather brash and rude response. I am still fuming at how Poop set up his side to foul us and how the ref did fudge all about it.

0_Champions-League-Quarter-Final-First-Leg-Tottenham-Hotspur-v-Manchester-City.jpg

From The Guardain match report:

Son struck the winner in the 78th minute, cutting inside Fabian Delph before letting fly with his left foot and getting lucky when Ederson, City’s goalkeeper, let the ball go beneath his body.

WTF??? The bias against us from many in the press is astounding. Son leathered that shot and it was too fast fro Ederson, despite Ederson being better than Gordon Banks according to the commentators I was listening to.
good for them to temper our own fans expectations. harder of the 3 games coming right up.

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Don't even try to gaslight me with that rubbish mate. Seriously. Delph knew what he was leaving in that challenge. He's done that sort of brick for years, like Young does. If Charlie Adam did it you'd notice.

n.b. apologies for the rather brash and rude response. I am still fuming at how Poop set up his side to foul us and how the ref did fudge all about it.

View attachment 6411
great Pic - I didn't catch it

Sent from my SM-T835 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

City look knackered IMO and didn’t really know how to get any real momentum
Yeah, but let's not forget they had DeBruyne, Sane, and Jesus on the bench. Will be a different proposition at the Etihad. What encouraged me was that it didn't look like their defense was as solid as you would expect the second best defense in the Prem to be. I think we should be able to nick a goal at their place. Hopefully our defense will hold up and not allow more than two, if we do.

He swung back after the bloke had gone through the back of him, fallen right on him, elbowed him on the floor and then used Kane's face to push himself back up. I would have tested Kane for being an android had he not finally reacted a bit. The ref was pathetic.

Yeah, I don’t blame him at all. Fernandinho should’ve had at least three yellows and a couple of red cards. It would still qualify as violent conduct though, I would think.

Seeing the highlights, commentators going on about how we scored against the run of play. City didn’t have too much all game did they? I can’t remember much apart from the pen. Deserved win for us, even a gooner mate of mine said so. Such a fighting performance from our lads, proud to be a yid!

Yeah, but let's not forget they had DeBruyne, Sane, and Jesus on the bench. Will be a different proposition at the Etihad. What encouraged me was that it didn't look like their defense was as solid as you would expect the second best defense in the Prem to be. I think we should be able to nick a goal at their place. Hopefully our defense will hold up and not allow more than two, if we do.

A lot of their defensive solidity is based on the likes of Otamendi and Fernandinho being allowed to go around fouling and elbowing players without repercussions. Aguero also did a nice elbow in the back when challenging for a header.

Seeing the highlights, commentators going on about how we scored against the run of play. City didn’t have too much all game did they? I can’t remember much apart from the pen. Deserved win for us, even a gooner mate of mine said so. Such a fighting performance from our lads, proud to be a yid!
Against the run of play in the second half, but not based on any clear chances. They pushed us back and there were some dangerous moments, but not like they had a lot of chances. In that way it was against the run of play, but not in the United away to PSG lucky that they didn't score way.

Seems like we're building that defensive solidity again. And great that we are. If we keep that up maybe even (more of) the media will give us credit for it again, but I don't really care what they say as long as we perform well and win.

I’d not expect any defence that only has one top defender (Laporte) in it to be that great
Part of the reason their defence does well in the prem is because their not tested as teams don’t have the ball

View attachment 6411

That photo was just after Delph has kicked the ball with his right foot and Kane had slipped making a block challenge. It looks like Delph meant it there but I don’t believe that to e the case

That photo is just another example of the VAR farce as it shows no context

That photo was just after Delph has kicked the ball with his right foot and Kane had slipped making a block challenge. It looks like Delph meant it there but I don’t believe that to e the case

That photo is just another example of the VAR farce as it shows no context

OK then, here's your "context"...I am not sure but I believe you have either played, or know people personally who have. You should be able to see exactly what Delph did. If you cannot, why don't you ask them if they believe Delph left his foot in there over to the top and through into Kane's ankle?

Again, I think it is absolutely clear. If Kane was looking to foul Delph, he'd have gone in over the top. He clearly goes to do nothing more than block the clearance/ball. Delph doesn't like it and makes sure he leaves one on Kane's ankle. Unfortunately Kane does slip too, but Delph's intent is clear. Emirates Marketing Project were looking to do him wherever. Do I wish Kane had been a little less enthusiastic in chasing that ball down? Yes. Does it negate the foul? No. FWIW Delph has always had it in him, like Young and Adam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back