• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Dnipro

The lads training in Ukraine last night...

Bg6JszvIQAEcGQo.jpg

If that is the full squad then I worried. I only recognise Dawson, Townsend, Soldado, Vertonghen and Mcevoy and maybe Eriksen in the beanie.

If that is the full squad then I worried. I only recognise Dawson, Townsend, Soldado, Vertonghen and Mcevoy and maybe Eriksen in the beanie.

There's only 13 players in the shot.

We'll have 18 for the game and a few in reserve.

Tickets have been issued for Spurs fans in Sector 17 and not 27/28 as originally planned.
Supporters should still go to the designated gate where staff will distribute the tickets.

fans will now be in a mixed area of the stadium, with no segregation. We have been advised that this area contains mainly families.

Sounds like a recipe for aggro and a severe beating from rival fans and/or riot police. Or it will all be really nice and friendly.

These headline stats in and of themselves are pretty meaningless. They don't go into any underlying detail, give any reason why players were out for longer than expected or should be ( which is my point). Kaboul was missing for the second longest time and Sandro cant be far behind. In any event, these stats relate to kst season.

This season, of our new players, I think only Soldado hasn't missed any games this season through injury. That is one in seven who has been fully available to us. Anecdotally, almost always our players seem to be out for longer than originally anticipated and never make the speedy miraculous recovery that other teams players often seem to. The reason IMO is our medical department. I can't think of any other, can you?

I think that it is foolish to dismiss data just because it doesn't support your prejudices.

Are there flaws in using that data? Yes.

Is it a more accurate basis for a discussion and informed decision than an assumption that some key players are injured longer than we might expect and so the medical team must be doing a bad job? Yes.

Could we come to an even better conclusion with more comprehensive data? Yes.

Lloris, Kaboul, Walker, Ade, Lennon = all pretty much first names on the team sheet for Norwich, all have niggles? please ... never been a more obvious "rested"

Of course they're rested however a manager as to portray it was injured otherwise some people give him grief for rotating the squad.

Pleased that we've left 5 of the likely 11 starters for the Norwich game at home

Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood says he would rather win the Europa League than earn a place in next season's Champions League by finishing in the Premier League's top four this season.

Full story: Daily Mail

I think I might be in the minority. but I am inclined to agree. A European trophy over finishing 4th. We need to start winning trophies again, and this would be a very good one to start with. Okay it probably wont attract the star players to the club like CL football should do, but in all fairness when we qualified last time we hardly signed a host of superstars.

Who's to say it wouldnt happen again. Would be nice though to see another trophy in the cabinet, with a shot at another in August with the Super Cup.

Go for it Tim

Sounds like a recipe for aggro and a severe beating from rival fans and/or riot police. Or it will all be really nice and friendly.

I think just as long people don´t chant something pro-russian everybody will be fine. Think it is a good opportunity for our fans to show support to a nation torn apart and grieving.

Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood says he would rather win the Europa League than earn a place in next season's Champions League by finishing in the Premier League's top four this season.

I think I might be in the minority. but I am inclined to agree. A European trophy over finishing 4th. We need to start winning trophies again, and this would be a very good one to start with. Okay it probably wont attract the star players to the club like CL football should do, but in all fairness when we qualified last time we hardly signed a host of superstars.

Who's to say it wouldnt happen again. Would be nice though to see another trophy in the cabinet, with a shot at another in August with the Super Cup.

Go for it Tim

I totally agree.....we still talk about the UEFA cup success in 1984. It's all about the glory. Look at Wenger, all those years of Champs League qualification but no trophies - there is no glory in coming 2nd, 3rd or 4th IMHO.

Go for it Tim

I'd go with Tim on this one, much happier if we got a cup this year.

Go for it Tim
I'm inclined to agree too. Yes we've won a few league cups but being a not so old man, I've only seen us win the FA Cup in '91 which I classify as the only major trophy I've seen Spurs win with my own eyes.

I don't actually expect us to finish in the top 4 too. An Arsenal collapse is our biggest hope IMO.

Glad its not just me then.

I'm really looking forward to this tonight. Bit gutted I cant make next Thursday night actually. Hopefully we can progress and get a shot at Benfica, that would be a good old-fashioned cup tie with us being at home in the first leg against a team I class as a 'proper old school' Euro opponent

Think I can see Chadli in the back left of that shot. Even with the players we have left behind, we have a very decent team.

A Dnipro supporters club spokesman said that Dnipro fans will boycott the game.

Stadium could be pretty empty

I'm inclined to agree too. Yes we've won a few league cups but being a not so old man, I've only seen us win the FA Cup in '91 which I classify as the only major trophy I've seen Spurs win with my own eyes.

I don't actually expect us to finish in the top 4 too. An Arsenal collapse is our biggest hope IMO.
2 league cups in that time, and I'm counting them because they're the 3 trophies we've won in my 25 odd years :)

Can still see Allan Nielsen's header against Leicester...

Loved the CL season of course and getting back in for the big European nights would be great, but when you look back on it all it's the trophies you remember.

Back