• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT***** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Crystal Palace - 11/01/14: 3pm

The teams attitude is ****ing apalling this season, they actually act and look like they will win games just by walking on the pitch....

Erm, we've just won Marky :lol:

I think we've improved since Sherwood came in, we're far more positive. It was really dull watching both Spurs and the England cricket team get hammered whilst being drab, dull and negative.

You are joking !!! it was awful from the home fans, Palace's support was fantastic for 90 mins, Spurs less said the better AGAIN

Was it really that bad?? From the stream I watched it actually sounded like how the Lane used to be.

Mind you, looking at other posts perhaps I was wrong.:lol:

I was at work so didn't see the first half, thankfully. Thought we looked good in the second half, created quite a few opportunities, were good off the ball, generally moved it quickly. Bentaleb just bossed it - what a talent we have there. We need to give the 1882-movement a permanent section in the crowd, I think.

Was it really that bad?? From the stream I watched it actually sounded like how the Lane used to be.

Mind you, looking at other posts perhaps I was wrong.:lol:

It's always like it bar about three games a season at the Lane. A lot didn't like what AVB said about the fans, but he definitely had a point....

Positives…we won at home against a Pulis side and took the game by the scruff in the second-half, even if we weren't at our best. Negative…one of the poorest first-halves I've seen in a long, long time. Just terrible. Glad Timbo have them a gonad*ing.

Still, must ponder and dwell on the positives (a 2-0 win, clean sheet) and remember the injuries we have.

Eriksen is still not involved enough for me.

He is clearly a very good player, but we don't get him on the ball enough.

He should be our "go to" player, like VdV was. Constantly on the move, always playing a 1-2 and looking for chances and drifting around... but I have hardly seen him all game.

the one thing VdV had was immense self-confidence and balls…yeah…I hope Eriksen develops a % of that as he gets older, but he will simply never 'walk' like VdV because other than Sneijder, I cannot think of another player that does.

You are joking !!! it was awful from the home fans, Palace's support was fantastic for 90 mins, Spurs less said the better AGAIN

Best away support today from the Spurs fans. Only 500 of them seemed to make the journey to North London but really got behind the team with nothing but positivity. Unfortunately got drowned out at half time with boos from the 30000 spoilt gits who all have a better idea about managing the team than the Premier League winning captain, most of whom left in disgust on 70 minutes "to avoid the crush".

Best away support today from the Spurs fans. Only 500 of them seemed to make the journey to North London but really got behind the team with nothing but positivity. Unfortunately got drowned out at half time with boos from the 30000 spoilt gits who all have a better idea about managing the team than the Premier League winning captain, most of whom left in disgust on 70 minutes "to avoid the crush".

THIS - I have been going to the 'Lane (off and on) for four decades and the atmosphere today was absolutely awful. I would have said that the ground was half empty at the final whistle and apart from some singing after the second goal, it was 'like a library' to correctly quote the excellent Palace fans!

It's always like it bar about three games a season at the Lane. A lot didn't like what AVB said about the fans, but he definitely had a point....

Which he should have kept to himself. Insulting the paying fans was a disgrace, in my personal opinion.

I'm liking what I'm hearing both from the players and Sherwood after the game today. They all seem perfectly aware that the first half performance was unacceptable. We've seen it all before, but so far no manager has been able to weed out those kinds of lackluster starts against smaller teams or at least limit their severity of such attacks of self inflicted incapacitation.

Which he should have kept to himself. Insulting the paying fans was a disgrace, in my personal opinion.

Well thats another argument,but I didn't have a problem with it. It was hardly the biggest of insults was it?!

Everyone at the time he said it was giving the excuse 'Oh well maybe if we actually created chances and put the ball in the net now and again' then the atmosphere would be much better. Well we are, and nothing has changed. It was like that a lot of the time under Redknapp aswell, bar the biggest games it's quite poor regardless....

Back from the Lane, definitely happy with the 3 pts, but that first half was average at best. Good second half though, I think I might be the only one that thought Defoe for Soldado was a good change, so chuffed he scored.

Traffic was a mare today, got there just as they got the penalty, and it wasnt much better driving home too...but, when we've won it dont feel so bad.

After feeling unwell for a month it was good to get back to the Lane and already looking forward to next weekend's trip to South Wales

COYS

Aaron Lennon made his 41st Premier League assist today for Tottenham Hotspur.

Only Darren Anderton (67) and Teddy Sheringham (44) have more for Spurs

Aaron Lennon made his 41st Premier League assist today for Tottenham Hotspur.

Only Darren Anderton (67) and Teddy Sheringham (44) have more for Spurs

Great but these Premier League only stats aren't really a big deal to me. What about our players in the 60s for example? Though I do appreciate assist stats won't be around for that era I'm sure Blanchflower would have been all over that

You are joking !!! it was aw1ful from the home fans, Palace's support was fantastic for 90 mins, Spurs less said the better AGAIN

Absolutely this. When you could clearly hear the away fans singing "your support is ****ing ****" over and over on more than one occasion.. You know there's an issue.

There was a very tense moment for Police yesterday when a Mark Duggan protester was struck by object in Tottenham High Road at 15:08.

Jason Puncheon is helping Police with their inquiries.

There was a very tense moment for Police yesterday when a Mark Duggan protester was struck by object in Tottenham High Road at 15:08.

Jason Puncheon is helping Police with their inquiries.

your jokes are getting slightly better ;)

Back