• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur VS Colchester United ***

Thats yer lot. Draw tomorrow. Home will do please, got enough away games at present. Thats our 3rd away match and 3rd win on the bounce, as said before, a great habit to acquire, no matter who the oppostion. Lets make it 4 away wins on the bounce.

5th round match almost certain to be the Sunday with it being sandwiched between the 2 Europa matches, doubt the club will agree to playing on Monday night if we were asked
I had a dream last night that we drew MK Dons away in the 5th round. Should I put a few $$ on them beating Chelsea?

Never out of first gear, never mind second. Brushed them aside with ease, but we got a bit complacent as is understandable.

Boring to be this much better than a team, no real challenge in it. But we're through to the next round.

Training ground run out ... even our press wasn't really present.

target for game = win and move on, rotate a few and get no injuries = job done.

Really only thing disappointing was a few players could have added to their goal tally based on the chances created.

4-1 win away from home and people are bitching .. fudging hilarious ...

Fan ran onto the pitch to get Vorm's autograph then goes back to the stand. Savage says 'If you're going to run onto the pitch for an auotgraph, at least pick a better player'

I wonder how many times Savage got asked to sign an autograph at a game... without the person immediately putting their thumb to their nose and waggling their fingers, that is.

It was concerning how we seemed to invite pressure from these at times through sheer sloppiness and complacency. I do wonder about the warm-weather training thing. No doubt the positives outweigh the negatives on balance, but there must be an element of "Oh, crap, now we're back to this, where's my earmuffs?" about the return.

I listened to the game on the radio -- sounded like we won handsomely without really getting out of 3rd gear. I'm happy with that. Nice to see Chadli keep scoring too.

Training ground run out ... even our press wasn't really present.

target for game = win and move on, rotate a few and get no injuries = job done.

Really only thing disappointing was a few players could have added to their goal tally based on the chances created.

4-1 win away from home and people are bitching .. fudgeing hilarious ...

Reading through this thread I wondered whether people had ever seen an FA Cup game.

Poch said that that isn't going to happen in his pre-match interview yesterday

It may not be happening this window, that is not to say it isn't required. Can you honestly say that if Poch was offered an upgrade to Fazio he wouldn't take it?

It may not be happening this window, that is not to say it isn't required. Can you honestly say that if Poch was offered an upgrade to Fazio he wouldn't take it?

I think we'll keep Fazio for now, and upgrade in the summer -- at that point, Poch may decide that CCV is worth promoting to 4th centre-half. 6 months is a long time at his age, he might be ready for it after a pre-season of Poch beasting him.

1. Chris Miller ‏@WindyCOYS 1h1 hour ago
    For some reason it always surprises me when I'm reminded that Rose, Walker, Trippier & Mason are all older than Eriksen & Lamela. #COYS

3 retweets12 likes

2. Chris Miller ‏@WindyCOYS 1h1 hour ago
    And Carroll's older than Son! Pritchard's older than Davies! And all of these players are older than Kane who's older than Dier!

4 retweets12 likes

And of our current squad, the first player to make his first team debut for us was apparently Broadway Danny Rose.

I wonder how many times Savage got asked to sign an autograph at a game... without the person immediately putting their thumb to their nose and waggling their fingers, that is.

To be fair to Savage [he said, choking on the words] I thought that was a fair comment. Chances are you are going to get ejected from the ground for invading the pitch, so you might as well go for the autograph of Kane or one of the star names, not the reserve keeper.

If I am going to get arrested for stealing a kiss, I am not going to plant one on Miriam Margolyes, I am going to try to snog someone a bit more winsome (and who does not bat for the other side).

To be fair to Savage [he said, choking on the words] I thought that was a fair comment. Chances are you are going to get ejected from the ground for invading the pitch, so you might as well go for the autograph of Kane or one of the star names, not the reserve keeper.

If I am going to get arrested for stealing a kiss, I am not going to plant one on Miriam Margolyes, I am going to try to snog someone a bit more winsome (and who does not bat for the other side).
Vorm is gay? Well I never.

It was concerning how we seemed to invite pressure from these at times through sheer sloppiness and complacency. I do wonder about the warm-weather training thing. No doubt the positives outweigh the negatives on balance, but there must be an element of "Oh, crap, now we're back to this, where's my earmuffs?" about the return.

Teams that have gone abroad for a short training camp often seem a bit rusty afterwards. This was a good game to get back into the swing of things.

I don't know, but in his press conference yesterday he said that he was happy with his options in central defence and spoke positively about 2CV.

When we were on that run of draws we were putting in some of our best performances. Against the scum etc, but we'd come away with a draw.

Since we've got results. Poch has got us winning, over playing controlled football. Its a change of mentality and a sign of the team maturing. I think we'd all take a win over an unlucky attractive draw.
We took more risks after that string of draws. Mainly through the centre with more players running ahead of kane. Poch also allowed players in attack to express more of their sneaky sides..... Which led to both alli and Dembele coming out of their robotic shells and playing some inspiring instinctive football. Subtle difference, but we are more exciting and creating more chances now.

I was going to come on here and ask if anyone had heard anything about Wynter's condition, but I thought that would be too lazy so I Googled it myself. Apparently latest reports are that he's sitting up and talking in hospital. Whew.

Special mention for Trippier today who really grasped the mettle of the situation, dug in and produced a full-bore effort from minute one. Top work lad! And a good all round performance from the side IMO.

Special mention for Trippier today who really grasped the mettle of the situation, dug in and produced a full-bore effort from minute one. Top work lad! And a good all round performance from the side IMO.

Wouldnt surprise me if he takes over from Walker as the #1 RB. Might give Walker something to think about and up his game too

Yeah, I thought he played really well from minute one. Really good going forward. Had their fullback on toast on multiple occasions. Several immense balls in, really deserved to get an assist.

This is keeping in mind Colchester are bottom of league one having conceded the most goals in all four divisions in English football, of course! But still, he he did really well. Against defensive sit back PL teams he should be a starter IMO - his final ball is excellent and better than Walker's. Walker starting for equivalent or higher level teams to us though, as defensively he is a beast these days (the odd lapse aside).

All in, this is an excellent situation developing at RB, well managed by Poch.

Sexist

Back