• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea

A big change in our attitude from two years ago when a kick in the face from Balotelli or a face smash from Lescott led to barely a whimper from our players.
Pochettino has sent a message out to say come and play us and we wil try and out-football you, but try and maim us and we wont go down easily like pussies.

Long may it continue

Exactly......................

It's also about not over hyping the hypothetical over what was actually done.

Very easy to argue that "if we had just" when there's no way to actually know what would have happened "if just". Meanwhile in the real world Pochettino made a good decision and it didn't work out.

No denying any of that, just that it's good to have more varied options generally. That is all.

I don't think we covered ourselves in glory yesterday but like its been said, you kick us and we kick you back, these so called hard men just cried their eyes out.

Costa, Cesc, Terry to name three are utter scumbags who are bullies in that they give it, can't take it.

We were naive last night. What a poor way to signoff our first proper title push in 50 years!
We lost the plot! AND showed ourselves up!
I agree there was a naivety about us last night but I don't think we showed ourselves up. What we did show was that we let them wind us up into losing our composure too often. I've just re-watched the game and there is so much off the ball stuff from them, which seemed largely uncommmented on. They are truly despicable. Add that to us being totally psyched up before the game, and our lack of experience came to the forefront.
But, whilst I certainly don't condone some of what happened last night, watching it again I can't help but feel my shoulders going back slightly and feeling just a bit glad that we now have a team that has it in them to fight and battle hard, and give a team like Chelsea a taste of their own dirty medicine. It was not one or two players, it was the whole team.
Of course it's not good when it takes over so much as to potentially impact the outcome of the game (or future games due to suspensions), and that is where this young team will learn an enormous lesson. And, so too, our young manager, as it was his job to calm things down at half time.
It's certainly not how I want to see us plying our trade as the norm, and we need to learn the lesson of how to hand it out whilst keeping our heads and our discipline, but this morning, just for once, it's nice to know that Terry, Costa and co. didn't get it all their own way and will be feeling the bruises.

The London Evening Standard claim to have an exclusive story, which points an accusing finger at Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Tottenham was a hugely physical affair: Spurs had nine players booked in the match, which was a new Premier League record.

Amazingly neither side had a player sent off, however on another day several players could have received early baths.

Cesc Fabregas was wound up during the match, when he claimed that Erik Lamela stomped on his hand. The Chelsea man showed his damaged hand to the officials, however they ultimately waved the incident away.

After the full time whistle blew, the sides clashed on the sidelines, and the Evening Standard have now reported the problems continued in the tunnel too:

Cesc Fabregas allegedly triggered a tunnel bust-up at the end of Chelsea’s stormy 2-2 draw with Tottenham which left both clubs facing heavy punishment from the Football Association.

Standard Sport has been told of the Chelsea midfielder’s involvement although one counter-claim suggests it was Tottenham forward Erik Lamela, who sparked the confrontation.

Eyewitnesses claim Fabregas jabbed at least one Tottenham backroom staff member, sparking a furious response in the tunnel.

It is also claimed Hiddink had to hold back one of his own staff from aiming a punch at a Spurs official as the fracas continued off the pitch.

Cesc appeared to be hyped before the game, as he publicly expressed his desire to stop Spurs winning the league.

Graham is spot on.

Was ok when Cesc threw out a leg early in game but missed, but intent was there.

Cesc is a playground bully - hard man when giving it, can't take it

Graham is spot on.

Was ok when Cesc threw out a leg early in game but missed, but intent was there.

Cesc is a playground bully - hard man when giving it, can't take it

His tantrum like a 3-year-old when Lamela trod on his hand was hilarious - the fact he rolled around on the floor several times was just ridiculous.

Disappointed by our performance in the second half last night. Completely lost our discipline. Yes, it was Chelsea and they were out to wind us up but surely Alli's actions and subsequent ban should have served as a warning. Of course we all hate Chelsea and enjoy tackles flying in on Fabregas, Costa, etc but there was still a game to be won and I think we lost focus on that.
You may say we went down with a fight but some of the tackles and actions were shameful. If Clattenburg had remembered his red card, we could have been very short of players for the run in, which if we were still in with a shot of the title would have been incredibly naive.

In recent years we have finally won at Old Trafford, Emirates and Anfield so a bit gutted we blew a big chance to finally get that elusive win at Stamford Bridge.

Obviously over the season we have been immense and the team should be proud of themselves COYS

The London Evening Standard claim to have an exclusive story, which points an accusing finger at Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

Chelsea’s 2-2 draw with Tottenham was a hugely physical affair: Spurs had nine players booked in the match, which was a new Premier League record.

Amazingly neither side had a player sent off, however on another day several players could have received early baths.

Cesc Fabregas was wound up during the match, when he claimed that Erik Lamela stomped on his hand. The Chelsea man showed his damaged hand to the officials, however they ultimately waved the incident away.

After the full time whistle blew, the sides clashed on the sidelines, and the Evening Standard have now reported the problems continued in the tunnel too:

Cesc Fabregas allegedly triggered a tunnel bust-up at the end of Chelsea’s stormy 2-2 draw with Tottenham which left both clubs facing heavy punishment from the Football Association.

Standard Sport has been told of the Chelsea midfielder’s involvement although one counter-claim suggests it was Tottenham forward Erik Lamela, who sparked the confrontation.

Eyewitnesses claim Fabregas jabbed at least one Tottenham backroom staff member, sparking a furious response in the tunnel.

It is also claimed Hiddink had to hold back one of his own staff from aiming a punch at a Spurs official as the fracas continued off the pitch.

Cesc appeared to be hyped before the game, as he publicly expressed his desire to stop Spurs winning the league.

and The Times has this one (behind a paywall, so I can't see the whole article) :
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/fabregas-sparked-stamford-bridge-brawl-qjvxfc02s

Cesc Fàbregas has been accused of triggering the post-match mêlée which followed last night’s London derby by appearing to flick at the shorts of Tottenham Hotspur’s players and backroom staff with his hand as he left the pitch at Stamford Bridge.

The Chelsea midfield player had suffered a stamp on his hand by Érik Lamela during the 2-2 draw which gave the Barclays Premier League title to Leicester City, but eyewitnesses have described his reaction as petulant rather than violent and it is therefore unlikely to be punished by the FA, who seem certain to charge both clubs for failing...

Flicking at shorts? Seriously?

And why the fvck should there be, oh yeah we're Spurs it'll be 12 pts so Arsenal, City and Utd are in the top 4.

I saw some rumblings not necessarily on here that people were concerned about the level of punishment we would receive.

To be fair although Dembele will get a 3 game ban, we get a fine for the number of yellows, the punishments for the failure to control players etc. should be the same for both sides.

Battle of Stamford Bridge, 2016 version

They should start a Wikipedia article about it

I saw some rumblings not necessarily on here that people were concerned about the level of punishment we would receive.

To be fair although Dembele will get a 3 game ban, we get a fine for the number of yellows, the punishments for the failure to control players etc. should be the same for both sides.

Chelsea have already been charged for failing to control their players on 3 previous occasions this season, and warned of their future conduct (we've been charged once).

Based on this, surely Chelsea's overall punishment should be worse than ours.

Dembele wont get banned. Lamela wont get banned either. It will only be a fine. In addition, Ryan Mason needs some talking to - the quality of the team drops again once he enters. It is worrying! I much prefer Carroll to him at this stage.

Back