• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea

A big change in our attitude from two years ago when a kick in the face from Balotelli or a face smash from Lescott led to barely a whimper from our players.
Pochettino has sent a message out to say come and play us and we wil try and out-football you, but try and maim us and we wont go down easily like pussies.

Long may it continue

I call the way they play "mixing it" all the great teams can do that. Unfortunately we crossed the line yesterday and showed our naivete. I hope next season we will be in a better position to get the balance right.

We have seen plenty of great teams and great players cross the line in the past.

We took it too far, just like most great teams have at times in the past. When you're finding a balance that will sometimes happen.

Learning experience, we agree.

Wouldn't have bought on Mason for Son in the first place then Tyler said Mason was a 'Chelsea fan' - something I hadn't realised, then he misses a sitter.

I have not seen a Spurs side play like this before...[only saw the punchups] but we know how chelms play.
Outside chance of winning the Prem as well.

I want to see us more composed next season and play football throughout...
lets hope yesterday was the occasion..on the other hand we just can't be bullied
anymore into submission.
just to note ..I thought Rose should have had a penalty from that challenge from willian.
Nothing was given was it?

To be honest the who did what to whom is irrelevant - we were naive..........

Wouldn't have bought on Mason for Son in the first place then Tyler said Mason was a 'Chelsea fan' - something I hadn't realised, then he misses a sitter.

tbf @Roy1983 has mentioned it on here before. Didn't do his cause any favours, but we must remember he is playing through injections and a more naturally fit Mason scores that imo.
Not like he missed on purpose.

He may be crucial for us securing third so we need to support him and leave aside his (albiet yucky!) allegiances as a kid.
Tyler was stirring imo, the clam!

Thought the Mason sub helped stabilize us when we were losing the plot a bit after their first goal. We got back in the game and started creating chances as well as looking more solid. Apart from the goal of course, but I think Son would have made zero difference to that.

Thought the Mason sub helped stabilize us when we were losing the plot a bit after their first goal. We got back in the game and started creating chances as well as looking more solid. Apart from the goal of course, but I think Son would have made zero difference to that.

He did stabilise us it's true.
We did lose a lot of forward threat though, hence my point about another pacier option up front to bring on and push them back further

Chhhv8YWkAAkPoG.jpg

Lloris, Chadli, Davies, Son, im not having it, not good enough.

"Not good enough" is harsh; they are so far good enough for second. Defensive optins are good, MF options are decent, its CF/pace up front that could be improved the most imo

He did stabilise us it's true.
We did lose a lot of forward threat though, hence my point about another pacier option up front to bring on and push them back further

Not compared to how we looked for the minutes after the goal until the sub. We had no forward threat at that point. And Mason got into a great goal scoring chance, so I'm not sure we lost that much of a forward threat by putting him on.

If we had another striker on the bench in that situation and Pochettino changed it to a 4-4-2 and we then conceded the equalizer how would you react?

Not compared to how we looked for the minutes after the goal until the sub. We had no forward threat at that point. And Mason got into a great goal scoring chance, so I'm not sure we lost that much of a forward threat by putting him on.

If we had another striker on the bench in that situation and Pochettino changed it to a 4-4-2 and we then conceded the equalizer how would you react?

Who knows? What if we had changed it to 4-4-2 and we scored a third, how would you react?;)

overall though, it's about having the choice to go down either route

Reactions: DTA
"Not good enough" is harsh; they are so far good enough for second. Defensive optins are good, MF options are decent, its CF/pace up front that could be improved the most imo
Think he means 'not good enough' managing to finish the game without picking up a yellow to complete the full set

The stats dont lie ... when Caroll or Mason play we win less games. If you want to be champions you need squad players that push the first team, niether challenge.

Kante ...

Who knows? What if we had changed it to 4-4-2 and we scored a third, how would you react?;)

overall though, it's about having the choice to go down either route

It's also about not over hyping the hypothetical over what was actually done.

Very easy to argue that "if we had just" when there's no way to actually know what would have happened "if just". Meanwhile in the real world Pochettino made a good decision and it didn't work out.

Back