• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Cardiff City

Just once i'd like to see erik lamela. i'm still not convinced he exists.

if anyone thinks andros is better value for a spot in the team than giving our 30 million record signing a chance, well, then i think all hope is lost.

You must be really fuked off we won and collected the points! Awful!

Where does your disgust come from? What was it that disgusts you?

+1. Completely irrational and biased.

I blamed AVB for spending £100m plus and not delivering.

Now TS is not delivering a fluidity or coaching style. But he hasnt had a pre-season, a full squad, a settled team or players playing to their potential.

So - is it the coaches - or is it the players simply arent good enough? I dont think even LVG or SAF would make a difference at the moment.

We have too many championship quality players. Our injury list just grows every week. Even our full interationals arent playing like they should.

Dire from the players, the coaches, the trainers, the medical staff, DOF, the talent spotters (ha ha) .

How we are still 6 points adrift of Liverscum and the Arsnl is a mystery.

I don't understand why he was substituted. He scored the first, which must have given him confidence, and then he's taken off. I'd have had him finish the game and taken off Adebayor for Bentaleb.

Mystified me too ... Ade was knackered and Soldado seemed to have a spring in his running . Really weird decision there by Sherwood.

Steady now lads.

Are we better than Cardiff? Absolutely. Have they been torn apart this season? Sure. But they've also beaten City at home, Saudi Sportswashing Machine away, picked a point off United and we barely scraped a 0-1 win against them in extra time in the first leg.

Today they set up in a 5-3-2 with my man Gunnarsson and Medel as part of that 3 man midfield, both defensive midfielders. Naturally, they were always going to be very tough to break down. Clearly we didn't enjoy the best of games, but a win is a win. We're six points away from Liverpool and le ****, Soldado finally scored, we've got players coming back from injury just at the right time and have yet to play three of the top 4 teams. So in a way, we're very much in control of our own destiny.

Which is as scary a thought as it is exciting. COYS!

So many of our players have poor decision making when it comes to knowing when to release it or who to release it to. It is incredibly frustrating.

It's been going on for years. Players turning down the simple obvious pass and instead turning into trouble or trying the unlikely.
We also really need to cut down on unforced errors , it's a poor standard of football we're serving up.

When we were scraping 1-0 wins with lucky penalties etc under AVB it wasn't good for some people whereas dire performances but 1-0 wins under Sherminator are fine as it is the result that matters. The double standards continue!

Sandro
Dembele
Eriksen
Lamela
Soldado
Adebayor

Just once I'd like to see this front six in any kind of formation.

Plus one. No Lennon, no Townsend, no Invisiblinho, no Capoue, no Bentelab, no Chadli, no Sigi.

Use them only as impact subs from now on. Lets see some flair on the pitch.

You must be really fuked off we won and collected the points! Awful!

Where does your disgust come from? What was it that disgusts you?

I'm happy, and I think "just what if we did something amazing against chelsea, arsenal and liverpool"... I've always been incredibly optimistic and until it's impossible we'll win things!!

But I've just never seen a team filled with so much talent, play so badly as under Tim. I'v never been so out of tune with a manager (in terms of team selection, subs, tactical approaches to games) as I am with Tim, I want it to change, but every game is just heartbreaking.

Today, against the worst team in the league, we were awful and lucky to scrape though 1-0. It's just not good enough!

When we were scraping 1-0 wins with lucky penalties etc under AVB it wasn't good for some people whereas dire performances but 1-0 wins under Sherminator are fine as it is the result that matters. The double standards continue!

glad I'm not the only one that's noticed this

I'm happy, and I think "just what if we did something amazing against chelsea, arsenal and liverpool"... I've always been incredibly optimistic and until it's impossible we'll win things!!

But I've just never seen a team filled with so much talent, play so badly as under Tim. I'v never been so out of tune with a manager (in terms of team selection, subs, tactical approaches to games) as I am with Tim, I want it to change, but every game is just heartbreaking.

Today, against the worst team in the league, we were awful and lucky to scrape though 1-0. It's just not good enough!

:ross:

Steady now lads.

Are we better than Cardiff? Absolutely. Have they been torn apart this season? Sure. But they've also beaten City at home, Saudi Sportswashing Machine away, picked a point off United and we barely scraped a 0-1 win against them in extra time in the first leg.

Today they set up in a 5-3-2 with my man Gunnarsson and Medel as part of that 3 man midfield, both defensive midfielders. Naturally, they were always going to be very tough to break down. Clearly we didn't enjoy the best of games, but a win is a win. We're six points away from Liverpool and le ****, Soldado finally scored, we've got players coming back from injury just at the right time and have yet to play three of the top 4 teams. So in a way, we're very much in control of our own destiny.

Which is as scary a thought as it is exciting. COYS!

Forget the big judgements - why were so many of our passes backwards?. When someone beats an opponent they turn at least one towards their own goal and gain a notch on the team's morale-ometer When the next pass does the same the impact on the opposition is doubled.

This, then, is the moment to force the issue. To-day, I saw our next move to pass back, and back .... bringing six of their side goal-side of the ball - and our forward line facing our goal. I didn't see this once, but several times in quick succession .... from different players.

When AVB was my perceived instigator of this, I was reluctantly discomfited by it and disillusioned with him. Sherwood's early approach was more positive, aggressive and purposeful.

However, we seem to have gone back a few steps, and my support for Sherwood is now very fragile.

Someone needs to tell the players which goal they're heading for - if it means ignoring the coaching staff then so be it. What would Suarez have done at certain points ?

Did you miss these games then?

Palace 0-1 Spurs
Spurs 0-3 West Ham
Spurs 1-0 Hull
City 6-0 Spurs
Spurs 0-5 Liverpool

Thank GHod Everton got that late win yesterday. If not we would actually start to look nailed on for 5th.............(shudders at thought of next year).

Did you miss these games then?

Palace 0-1 Spurs
Spurs 0-3 West Ham
Spurs 1-0 Hull
City 6-0 Spurs
Spurs 0-5 Liverpool

Pick out the odd game if you want, but I think we played much better under AVB than Tim, but more importantly, successful or not, I could see what he was TRYING to do. With Tim it's so helpless, so inept, I just think he picks the best players (?!?!?), a basic formation, and hopes for the best. We have ben awful, but Ade coming back and LOTS of luck has made things look better than they are!

Forget the big judgements - why were so many of our passes backwards?. When someone beats an opponent they turn at least one towards their own goal and gain a notch on the team's morale-ometer When the next pass does the same the impact on the opposition is doubled.

This, then, is the moment to force the issue. To-day, I saw our next move to pass back, and back .... bringing six of their side goal-side of the ball - and our forward line facing our goal. I didn't see this once, but several times in quick succession .... from different players.

When AVB was my perceived instigator of this, I was reluctantly discomfited by it and disillusioned with him. Sherwood's early approach was more positive, aggressive and purposeful.

However, we seem to have gone back a few steps, and my support for Sherwood is now very fragile

Someone needs to tell the players which goal they're heading for - if it means ignoring the coaching staff then so be it. What would Suarez have done at certain points ?

I agree with this. it was promising to start off with under TS. Now we appear to have gone back to our bad old ways. Cant fathom for the life of me why he changed it as it was working. Strange IMO

Just once i'd like to see erik lamela. i'm still not convinced he exists.

if anyone thinks andros is better value for a spot in the team than giving our 30 million record signing a chance, well, then i think all hope is lost.

Has been reported fairly widely that Lamela is expected back in March, today was the March the second, probably best to be a bit patient.

Just a heads up. I'm going to lock this thread in an hour or so, so that talking about the game can move to the post match discussion thread.

Back