• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT: Tottenham Hotspur vs Cardiff City

Which players this season either under AVB or TS have delivered to their potential?

Lamela....Ha...........

kin el we won...souds a crap game by us.....still onward and upward A...

There goes that pathetic record at the end of the game ...doesnt sound like the way we used sing...it..

you could here it at Tottenham Hale....great crowds then....oops still ..towards the FUTURE......LOL...

do you think players like jordan henderson, raheem sterling etc have greater footballing intelligence than our players, or is it purely coaching?

I actually think players like Henderson and Sterling are under-rated on here, so many of our fans have a quite arrogant view when it comes to them (not saying you do).

But yes, I agree it is very much a coaching thing. The reason it frustrates me is that this isn't the first manager to have this problem.

We are dreaming guys if we think we are playing for champs league. We are winning that is important, unlike earlier in the season when we weren't playing well and either losing heavily or relying on lucky pens.

Against chavs, pool and **** we need better personnel on the pitch. if that 11 starts at anfield or the bridge it could be double figures.

naughton vs hazard, fryers vs coutinho :eek:

do you think players like jordan henderson, raheem sterling etc have greater footballing intelligence than our players, or is it purely coaching?

When a team is playing well and is confident everything goes well. I don't remember sterling and Henderson being as effective last season. They have had a season to be drilled by Rodgers. Remember Liverpool have also had their inconsistencies this season I seem to remember them losing 3-1 to Hull.

im pretty concerned that naughton, fryers, paulinho, chadli, townsend, dawson aren't poles apart. and actually really half of our side today looks scarily like a mid table team.

a mid table team with no guile or creativity to.

hmmm. not good.

They are all championship players, though I would give fryers a chance as he is young. Really hope Lamela Soldado and Paulinho come good next season, cos this season they have been dire.

I actually think players like Henderson and Sterling are under-rated on here, so many of our fans have a quite arrogant view when it comes to them (not saying you do).

But yes, I agree it is very much a coaching thing. The reason it frustrates me is that this isn't the first manager to have this problem.

i didn't mean that in a negative way towards those players at all: sterling has loads more instinct, product and movement than lennon, and henderson looks superior to paulinho. i was just a genuine question, do you think we have genuinely thick players, or are other players just better coached?

sterling doesnt strike you as a potential rocket scientist, but maybe he just has a better footballing brain than lennon for example. have we managed to assemble an expensive team full of players with no football intelligence?

Truly disgusting performance, again, and twice in a few days I've struggled to be excited about a win... First time in my life. Glad others see how awful we were, wonder of kingdawson and DHF will cry at everyone!!

When a team is playing well and is confident everything goes well. I don't remember sterling and Henderson being as effective last season. They have had a season to be drilled by Rodgers. Remember Liverpool have also had their inconsistencies this season I seem to remember them losing 3-1 to Hull.

but lennon's been with us for 8 seasons, sterling in the pool first team for 18 months. begs the question, is sterling simply better or is rogers doing for his squad what our managers never seem capable of doing for ours?

Truly disgusting performance, again, and twice in a few days I've struggled to be excited about a win... First time in my life. Glad others see how awful we were, wonder of kingdawson and DHF will cry at everyone!!

You must be really fuked off we won and collected the points! Awful!

Where does your disgust come from? What was it that disgusts you?

This is the frustrating thing about this year. Liverpool have played well this year, there's no doubting that. They have 2 attacking players who have scored a shed load of goals which of course has helped them. But player for player squad wise i see no reason why they should be playing at such higher level. This has to be down to coaching/tactics and we have had 2 managers this year who have failed to get the best out of the talent in the squad. We look awful. I've accepted that this season is going to end like a damp squid but it would be nice to see a few glimmers of what might be next year. Its just dreary.

mate, im one of the most annoying negative fuuckers on this board, but honestly, you need to chill out a bit. it was a horrid performance, lets either discuss it, or lets fuuck off and do something else (probably the more enjoyable option ;) ).

but lennon's been with us for 8 seasons, sterling in the pool first team for 18 months. begs the question, is sterling simply better or is rogers doing for his squad what our managers never seem capable of doing for ours?

Honestly I think Rodgers is better than anything we have had at Spurs. I have to say we seem to suffer a hangover as a team after our EL game whether home or away. But at least we are winning.

i didn't mean that in a negative way towards those players at all: sterling has loads more instinct, product and movement than lennon, and henderson looks superior to paulinho. i was just a genuine question, do you think we have genuinely thick players, or are other players just better coached?

sterling doesnt strike you as a potential rocket scientist, but maybe he just has a better footballing brain than lennon for example. have we managed to assemble an expensive team full of players with no football intelligence?

I think we do have a few players with little football intelligence. I see people on here saying Dembele for example has eveything, that he should be played behind the striker etc etc. In some ways, he does have everything you need to play that role. Except footballing intelligence and vision (imo anyway). We have quite a few players like that, who don't quite see those final important passes.

But I think it is mostly down to coaching. We should be able to coach players to a sum greater than their parts. A coach like Klopp or Simeone (or a Ferguson of course) does that outstandingly.

Sandro
Dembele
Eriksen
Lamela
Soldado
Adebayor

Just once I'd like to see this front six in any kind of formation.

I think we do have a few players with little football intelligence. I see people on here saying Dembele for example has eveything, that he should be played behind the striker etc etc. In some ways, he does have everything you need to play that role. Except footballing intelligence and vision (imo anyway). We have quite a few players like that, who don't quite see those final important passes.

But I think it is mostly down to coaching. We should be able to coach players to a sum greater than their parts. A coach like Klopp or Simeone (or a Ferguson of course) does that outstandingly.

i think i agree. its just getting so frustrating as each new coach who comes in fails just as abjectly in this respect as his predecessor. will it ever end :lol: ???

Sandro
Dembele
Eriksen
Lamela
Soldado
Adebayor

Just once I'd like to see this front six in any kind of formation.

-----------------------lloris
walker----new player-----vert-----new player
---------------sandro------dembele
---lamela----------------------------eriksen
-----------------ade--------soldado

looks decent.

Back