• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa ***

It doesnt feel like it, so according to that we have led in 21 out of the 26 league games this season

It's actually 22 as this must be from last weekend. We've won 15 and also led before dropping points against Brentford in the opener, then the 5 games in a row against Chelsea, Wolves, Villa, City, West Ham and more recently against Everton.

The thought of some kind of "justified revenge" can be rather inticing.

I hope our players keep their cool. This has the feel of a big and important game, could be rather decisive in the fight for top four. Villa are a physical side. So will probably be both a somewhat aggressive game with a lot on the line.

The players need to play our football, make smart decisions, not get caught up in revenge or the frustration of their game or how the game is played. The Brentford game comes to mind. Wee lost our cool a bit in the first half and struggled, but then swept them away when the opportunity arose at the start of the second half by playing our football.

Smart is the key word. I think we need some organised retaliation. Every tackle involving Cash just have everyone bundle in with chests and push the ref really hard for a red card. A bit like the famous '99 call' policy. So not revenge in terms of our own tackles, but just make the situation completely untenable for him.

Smart is the key word. I think we need some organised retaliation. Every tackle involving Cash just have everyone bundle in with chests and push the ref really hard for a red card. A bit like the famous '99 call' policy. So not revenge in terms of our own tackles, but just make the situation completely untenable for him.

There's only one outcome to that action yellow cards all round for Spurs players and a red at the first opportunity after any tackle.

This is one of those test games

- Technically we should be the better side
- They play away in Europe tomorrow
- We have had 8 days to prepare

Ange and the team need to step up, if we want CL, if we want to not have to look over our shoulders for rest of season, you go win this game.

Ange and the team need to step up, if we want CL, if we want to not have to look over our shoulders for rest of season, you go win this game.

Yeah definitely must win. Top 4 isn’t over if we lose but it becomes a very difficult task given the remaining fixtures we have.

We also were playing without any central defenders - think Davies and Emerson were the pair at the back.
Interestingly enough, I thought that first half was one of the best halves of football we have played this season. And that game as a whole was probably one where we performed well for a longer period of time than most other games. GLC had one his best games for us. Maybe consider him to start?

Interestingly enough, I thought that first half was one of the best halves of football we have played this season. And that game as a whole was probably one where we performed well for a longer period of time than most other games. GLC had one his best games for us. Maybe consider him to start?
Agreed. Villa were unimpressive and stole the three points, IMO. Even without Bentancour we were the better team. Before that targeted foul by Cash, we dominated them.

We really owe them one, and I hope we smash them.

Fingers crossed some Ajax hack doesn't kick Cash's knee so hard tomorrow night, that his patella detaches and decapitates Ollie Watkins. That would be awful.

You would hope cash is a marked man and the ref will be keeping an eye on him, so I'm going for mcginn to follow in his country man charlie adams foot steps and be clogger in chief.

If the players can do that without getting caught up in that at the expense of focusing on our football that's fine. But our football is the important bit.

If they can use that frustration towards Villa/Cash to up their determination to play well and win that's obviously good. But it has to be about how we play, what we do in the game.

Very good description. Nothing is over until it's over, regardless of the result a lot of things can happen this season. But this is the kind of game where the players can prove to themselves (and less importantly to others) what they're capable of. To a somewhat greater extent than most games.

Villa provoke a lot of offside decisions; for and against. Ollie Watkins bursting through at one end, and a high line at the other. Their defence has caught opponents offside TWICE the number of times than any other PL team

IMG_8420.png

Villa provoke a lot of offside decisions; for and against. Ollie Watkins bursting through at one end, and a high line at the other. Their defence has caught opponents offside TWICE the number of times than any other PL team

View attachment 16860
They are outstanding at it, but it’s a always a very high line
Werner, son and Johnson are faster than their defence. That’s space to exploit

Last edited:

View attachment 16860

When I started going to football in 50's and through to 60's Villa were known for playing the offside game. Most teams pushed up when in possession but it was a definite tactic with them.

Back