• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT -- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ARSENAL -- OMT ***

Well since Dembele has been confirmed out my team would be..

--------------------------------------------Friedel/Lloris-------------------------------------------

Gallas---------------------------Dawson---------------Caulker-------------------------Naughton

-------------------------------------Sandro---------Vertonghen------------------------------------

------Lennon------------------------------Sigurddson------------------------------------Bale-----

--------------------------------------------Adebayor-------------------------------------------------

Subs: Fridel/Lloris, Walker, Huddlestone, Carroll, Townsend, Dempsey, Defoe

I can't believe our injuries this season, it really has highlighted the weaknesses in our squad. IF Lennon & Walker is fit i;d go with them as their pace puts opponents on the back foot:

..................................Freidel

Walker..............Caulker.........Vertonghen..........Naughton

.......................Sandro........Huddlestone

Lennon........................Ade...........................Bale

................................Defoe

If the injuries are worst-case scenario i'd go with:

...............................Freidel

Naughton.........Gallas........Caulker..........Vertonghen

.....................Sandro.......Thudd

Falque......................Ade......................Bale

..............................Defoe

....................Friedel

Naughton...Caulker..Vertonghen....Lloris

.........Thudd..Sandro..Carroll

........Defoe...Adebayor....Bale

Andre Villas-Boas says Tottenham have to finish above Arsenal

Andre Villas-Boas believes Tottenham "have to" finish above Arsenal this season to get fourth spot.

The last time Spurs finished above the Gunners was in 1995 - before manager Arsene Wenger took charge.

Asked ahead of the north London derby this Saturday if that was a realistic target this season, Villas-Boas said: "We have to.

"By what I see, it's obvious that Man United, Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea are into a big running towards the title."

He added: "To play for that fourth spot, I think you know it's difficult bearing in mind the amount of competition you have to beat."

Tottenham are currently in seventh place in the Premier League table and a point ahead of the Gunners after 11 games. Spurs are seven points behind third-placed Chelsea and 10 behind leaders Manchester United.

Last season Arsenal finished third and Tottenham fourth, but Spurs did not qualify for the Champions League due to Chelsea's victory in the Champions League.

Yet former Chelsea boss Villas-Boas, who takes charge of his first north London derby, believes Tottenham are getting closer to Arsenal.

"Recently, they have obtained more Champions League qualifications, so our objectives for the season have been within their reach for the last couple of years.

"We are certainly getting nearer in terms of what we are doing for the club, but the past shows that at the moment they are regular in obtaining those sorts of objectives."

Villas Boas also confirmed Belgian playmaker Mousa Dembele remains ruled out with a hip injury, after it had been hoped he would return.

Dembele, 25, who scored on his debut for Spurs in the 1-1 draw against Norwich, has missed the club's last eight games.

Villas-Boas said: "Dembele does not have a chance, not for this game. There is a 50% chance he will be back for the Lazio game."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20339328

In light of this new injury news, I'd go like this.

------------Lloris (HAS to fudging play)-------------------------
Walker------Caulker-------Vertonghen------Naughton---------
-----Carroll-------Hudd--------------Sandro------------------
Bale (on right)----------------------------Lennon-----------
----------------------Ade-------------------------------------

No place for Defoe, but we MUST win the midfield battle, and with three (ok two-and-a-half) ball-playing CM's we can do just that.

COME ON THE fudging SPURS.

3-1

I watched their game against united and what Fergie did was to have Rooney ALWAYS drop down to mark Arteta once united lost possession and Cleverley glued himself to Cazorla. As a result, arsenal didn't really get anything going for large parts of the game. Will we go for something similar or look to sit back and hit them on the counter?

I watched their game against united and what Fergie did was to have Rooney ALWAYS drop down to mark Arteta once united lost possession and Cleverley glued himself to Cazorla. As a result, arsenal didn't really get anything going for large parts of the game. Will we go for something similar or look to sit back and hit them on the counter?

Can see Sandro taking one of them, but it would have to be Dempsey/Sig taking the other.

Thudd doesn't have the mobility to stick with either of them.

Can see Sandro taking one of them, but it would have to be Dempsey/Sig taking the other.

Thudd doesn't have the mobility to stick with either of them.

That's why I'd start Carroll there. He's got the energy and ball retention to make a real difference in CM.

Lloris; Naughton, Gallas, Caulker, Vertonghen; Sandro, Carroll, Sigurdsson; Falque, Bale, Adebayor

Back