• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Ajax

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Let's do this for Jan guys.

I'm honestly sweating bullets for the guy - they need to take him straight to hospital for that, and even if he recovers, need to keep him under observation.

I've had collapses like that before as a result of head-wounds on rough pitches (sand and rocks), and it usually knocks you flat - even if you get up, you're falling over again, guaranteed. But that was a supremely bad one - legs buckling, and so on. Possibly shock, possibly worse.

fudge, I hope he's okay.

That's very dismissive, and like everyone who underestimates this great young and talented team. Plus, we just have injuries galore.

Ajax look like what they are - Dutch champions, young with technical ability, commitment and no nerves. Just like us, a 'surprise' team who are in the semis of the CL.

But we do need to step up. Poch will need to do some serious thinking.
As good as Ajax are, if they advance to the final they will get soundly beaten by Liverpool. So it's of the outmost importance that Barca wins.

Conclusions from that:

We've been garbage
Ajax are an incredible team and if we can't win, I hope to GHod they do.
I hope Verts is OK.
Is Dele even on the pitch? He needs to step up.
Wanyama and Trippier....
They look very vulnerable at set pieces and occasionally on the break.
Despite all of the above, we're still in this. At this point, 1-1 would be a great result. Even 1-0 wouldn't be disastrous imo considering the circumstances.
Hairdryer needed.

I think we will get back into this, Lucas has to play higher up, but have to say, I am worried about jan and hope he is OK. That really worries me.

Just a concussion and possibly a broken nose. He'll be fine, would have played on in the bad old days.

We looked like rabbits in headlights first 30 , looked much better after the change of shape

Big 45 but we are capable.

Who'd be Poch? Kane out, Son out, Lamela, Winks too. Sissoko just coming back from injury. Getting schooled by a very good Ajax team, then your best defender smashes his face on the back of your second best defender. Still have faith though. Got to we are Spurs!!

As for the game...I expected us to get cut open, and at least concede 1, if not more. Too weak a team out there for anything different.

But what I didn't expect is how shaky they are in the air at the back. Definitely worth exploiting, and I think 1-1 (or even 2-2) is possible.

Still leaves us needing to score at their place, but what can you do.

Conclusions from that:

We've been garbage
Ajax are an incredible team and if we can't win, I hope to GHod they do.
I hope Verts is OK.
Is Dele even on the pitch? He needs to step up.
Wanyama and Trippier....
They look very vulnerable at set pieces and occasionally on the break.
Despite all of the above, we're still in this. At this point, 1-1 would be a great result. Even 1-0 wouldn't be disastrous imo considering the circumstances.
Hairdryer needed.

Absolutely spot on.

If Alli wants to become one of the best, its games like this he needs to step-up. Tonight he looks like he cant wait to get on Fortnite later on

Well... There's a lot of room for improvements, that's a positive.

Looks better with the back four and Sissoko in, hopefully not just tired legs from Ajax towards the end and actual signs of us starting to play better.

You beat me to it.

Was hoping the early superb press might be a=la=Liverpool. Great in the first 30 mins then gradually tire as the game continues.
The Dutch League is not as fast as the premiership. They might high Press over there and get in front and then coast. We are used to playing high pressure for longer. Second half could be ours.

A better end to the half, maybe even forced on us accidentally with that injury. Sissy has changed the flow as he keeps the ball under pressure, and that gives us a platform to hold possession for a bit. Wanyama is not at the races and Dele looks scared. Moura has been our best player and should keep running at them.

Back