• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT****Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham 8pm Friday 5th May

The Guardian's pre-match analysis (less to do with match itself than with Spurs' general state of affairs):

1) Spurs need to maintain fear factor on Friday night
The likelihood is that Tottenham Hotspur’s chance to win the title vanished with Chelsea’s win at Goodison Park, making their deconstruction of Arsenal all the more impressive. And well though they played in that game, this was not even Spurs at their best, rather a simple assertion of immense, intense superiority: a team so grooved, with players so good, that they need only play fairly well to win, which they do more or less every week. Their win over Arsenal was also impressive because it showed their progression from last season. The collective misplacement of swede once the title seemed lost, though entertaining and sustaining, did not suggest a team poised to make the ultimate leap; on the other hand, their calm, ruthless degradation of their local rivals dripped with future menace.

Spurs did not fail to overtake Leicester because they combusted at the end, rather because they did not start properly – an error they subsequently repeated. And with a move to Wembley imminent, they will have an excuse for doing likewise yet again; the atmosphere, character and dimensions of White Hart Lane suit them, while away teams will fancy their chances at what will feel like a neutral ground. To ameliorate the problem, Tottenham must use the rest of this season to their advantage. If they can maintain their winning run and spirit, they can imbue the rest of the league with requisite fear for when they meet next. A London derby is the perfect place to start. DH

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...onship-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend

Andy Carroll to have a late fitness start. Nailed-on he starts. he tends to well against us, can see him scoring, but dont think it will be enough to deny us a win .
For me It wont be a landslide victory (although a comfortable night would be nice). Would not surprise me in the least if it 'happened again'

1-2

Do we? We have played Chelsea in multiple cup finals, we essentially sent them down in the mid 70s whilst we stayed up, a lot of resentment from them towards us stems from that IIRC. Every Spurs fan I know hated Chelsea in the 90s when I was growing up and they were a nothing club.

West Ham are just irrelevant. The rivalry seems totally manufactured from their side.

True, and it's definitely a more recent thing. Older WH fans do not have the same hatred or rivalry for Spurs.
But when you live with and amongst them, the thought of losing takes on a much greater significance... :(

They are our second biggest rival.

Chelsea are as a big a rival as Palace or QPR. We may be closer to Chelsea as a football team but we have much more history with West Ham.

Wrong! It goes back in particular to this match - 19/04/1975.

The Guardian's pre-match analysis (less to do with match itself than with Spurs' general state of affairs):

1) Spurs need to maintain fear factor on Friday night
The likelihood is that Tottenham Hotspur’s chance to win the title vanished with Chelsea’s win at Goodison Park, making their deconstruction of Arsenal all the more impressive. And well though they played in that game, this was not even Spurs at their best, rather a simple assertion of immense, intense superiority: a team so grooved, with players so good, that they need only play fairly well to win, which they do more or less every week. Their win over Arsenal was also impressive because it showed their progression from last season. The collective misplacement of swede once the title seemed lost, though entertaining and sustaining, did not suggest a team poised to make the ultimate leap; on the other hand, their calm, ruthless degradation of their local rivals dripped with future menace.

Spurs did not fail to overtake Leicester because they combusted at the end, rather because they did not start properly – an error they subsequently repeated. And with a move to Wembley imminent, they will have an excuse for doing likewise yet again; the atmosphere, character and dimensions of White Hart Lane suit them, while away teams will fancy their chances at what will feel like a neutral ground. To ameliorate the problem, Tottenham must use the rest of this season to their advantage. If they can maintain their winning run and spirit, they can imbue the rest of the league with requisite fear for when they meet next. A London derby is the perfect place to start. DH

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...onship-10-things-to-look-out-for-this-weekend

"their calm, ruthless degradation of their local rivals dripped with future menace."

True, and it's definitely a more recent thing. Older WH fans do not have the same hatred or rivalry for Spurs.
But when you live with and amongst them, the thought of losing takes on a much greater significance... :(
It's how I feel about Chelsea. Well that and the fact they are a bunch of scumbags.

I think we would hate the pikeys much more if they were a competive decent side

I never hated Chelsea football wise until they started winning things with a team they couldn't afford

With the spam the only issue I have is their references to us being a rival

I think we would hate the pikeys much more if they were a competive decent side

I never hated Chelsea football wise until they started winning things with a team they couldn't afford

With the spam the only issue I have is their references to us being a rival

I've had a problem with Chelsea longer than their recent success and that problem is their thug/racist fan base.

I've had a problem with Chelsea longer than their recent success and that problem is their thug/racist fan base.
Same here.
But I do know some very decent fans of Chelsea, as indeed of other clubs. But I am always wary of Chelsea nutters in particular, after I saw a swastika tattooed skin at Seven Sisters, very brave with his mates about in the nineties. I was very nearly in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong skin colour.

0-3.

I reckon Trippier will start, causing the rumour mill to go into meltdown.

Tbh for me he should start. We should keep the same X1 as last Sunday. They played great, why change a winning team. Although if he does start Walker it would dampen the rumours for a while

Tbh for me he should start. We should keep the same X1 as last Sunday. They played great, why change a winning team. Although if he does start Walker it would dampen the rumours for a while
But it would also start the "Poch's Trippier Snub Spells Sayonara" rumours.

But it would also start the "Poch's Trippier Snub Spells Sayonara" rumours.

They'll carry on anyway until things are settled one way or the other.

Poch shouldn't pick a team because of fears about tabloid headlines. He should pick the team that he thinks is best placed to win the game.

I am absolutely with you on that one. They were the very worst fans for racism and terrible anti Semites. If ever there were a bunch of fans less deserving of success I have yet to meet them. The irony of that success being paid for by a Jewish owner was not lost on me.

Back