• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT****Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham 8pm Friday 5th May

...and i'll raise you...

article-2537072-1A876E5C00000578-112_306x533.jpg

article-0-05FC8CB8000005DC-134_306x423.jpg

No%20name

article-1092820-02BB2016000005DC-805_468x473.jpg

karren-brady-700159708.jpg

BP3110776.jpg

@ricky2tricky4city you decide..

I feel nauseous

reminds me of Oct 2013, we hadn't lost in ages, had only conceded two league goals all season, their form was diabolical, there was only one possible result

then we lost three nil

Good point :eek:

The helpful thing is that this time is that we are away and that was the build-up to a home game; hopefully less chance of rampant complacency..

They are very confident on KUMB.

They think they will end our title challenge. And save themselves from relegation. And they are excited to show off their lovely new stadium. I guess they are hoping to trigger a Spurs fan to respond so that they are in some way validated.

It is, after all, their cup final and we should, of course, respect that but, for me, it all seems a bit underwhelming.

The reality, in football terms, is that it's like playing Watford away.

They are very confident on KUMB.

They think they will end our title challenge. And save themselves from relegation. And they are excited to show off their lovely new stadium. I guess they are hoping to trigger a Spurs fan to respond so that they are in some way validated.

It is, after all, their cup final and we should, of course, respect that but, for me, it all seems a bit underwhelming.

The reality, in football terms, is that it's like playing Watford away.

Good.
If they come at us we will pick them apart. But again, I think this will be trickier than the goons...

For those going tomorrow :
NB: This afternoon, West Ham United has advised away fans to use Pudding Mill Lane or Hackney Wick stations to access the stadium. This is apparently due to the closure of the South Lawn area of the park for a private event. Fans who make their way from Stratford Station will be requested to walk around Loop Road to the away turnstiles due to this closure.

Other Info :
http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/west-ham-united-away-advice-for-travelling-fans

Possible banana skin they would love it if they beat us and effectively ended our title challange and they will never shut up about it that happend.If everyone plays to the max we should win though and comfortably .

Journos ask some thick questions.

"If you reduce the gap to Chelsea to one point, do you think it's likely Chelsea will crumble under the pressure?"

"I know you don't speak about rumours, you've made that very clear.... *proceeds to ask several speculative questions stemming from rumours*" o_O

Stupid fudging hypothetical questions too.. You can tell Poch hates them.

We will do what's in our control, win the games we can and what happens with Chelsea is their business.

I love the way he responds so calmly and never wavers from his beliefs. He refuses to speak on 'rumours' and answers questions directly and with certainty.

It's made all the more impressive given he's speaking in a foreign tongue.

Last edited:
Fancy this to be tricky tonight; can see a draw. Hoping we'll edge it by a single goal though.

And let's be honest, West ham are brick, but because they hate us so much, for reasons unknown to us, we do enjoy beating this lot more than say Swansea. It's just that it's not that important to us, it's not a fixture you really circle in the calendar, so to speak. I can think of a host of teams I enjoy beating a whole lot more than them though.

Yup, I think it will be a dodgy first-half followed up by a second-half that redeems us.

We have to get the ball down and play our game as soon as possible. They'll try to make it a physical battle and we'll have to match them in desire, but just as importantly we have to make it a game of football and show that we're different class on the ball. If we can do that in the first half I think we can take control of the game fairly quickly. Though I half expect them to come out pressing high and running their socks off for the first 20 minutes and that could cause us problems.

We need to win all our remaining 4 matches to stay in the title race. But last season, we lost out in the title race after going winless in our last 4 league matches. We have to do much better this time, starting with this game against West Ham. This is going to be another tough and tense away match for us. Being yet another London derby, West Ham will be fired up against us, as always. We have a poor record at West Ham, winning 2 and losing 3 of our last 5 matches there. There always seem to be some drama involved whenever we play West Ham away. Remember the Lasagna Gate in 2006 which cost us the 4th place and last season when we lost 1-0 which ultimately cost us the league title. And who can forget that dramatic match when we came back from 2-0 down to win 4-3 in 2007 ? It will be a huge boost to us if we can win like that but without conceding any goals !

Kane again will be our key player in this match. He has an excellent record against West Ham, scoring 4 goals in 4 matches against them. Also, Kane is still behind Lukaku by 3 goals in the race for the top scorer. So he badly needs more goals to overtake Lukaku. Hope Kane will make use of his chances to score atleast 1 goal n this match. Alli did well to score that crucial goal against Arsenal. He is now on 17 league goals. It will be amazing if he can continue his goal run and reach 20 league goals this season. Similiarly, it will help us greatly if Son and Eriksen can continue their good form in front of goal as well.

Our midfield will be crucial for us in this match. We need Wanyama and Dembele to be fully fit to control the midfield. West Ham have had their problems this season but surely they will lift their game against us. Also, they are unbeaten in their last 4 matches. So, it is important for us to control the midfield and stop them from creating any chances. Eriksen have been creating many chances for our attack lately. He will need to be more creative in this match as well.

Our defence did well to shut out Arsenal last week. It will be great if we can keep the clean sheet in this match as well. Both Vertonghen and Alderweireld were at their best against Arsenal. Hope they will continue their good form in this match as well. Dier scored our only goal when we last beat West Ham away in 2015. Won't mind if he doesn't score but will need him to be error-free in defence. We should not take any unnecessary risks in defence especially sending those annoying back passes to Lloris.

It is really strange and annoying to have our match on a Friday night. But we have already rewritten history many times this season. We need an early goal to settle us down and then go for second or third to kill the game off. Let's hope we will get the badly needed win to put pressure on Chelsea in the title race.

Back