• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Watford ***

Skipp’s been brilliant today. He’s really busting a nut. Did well to set Kane up there but there was one earlier when they broke and he sprinted the length of the pitch to try stop them.

Royal needs to be quicker and better with his crossing. He’s getting enough of the ball but is doing nowt with it and taking too long to do nowt.

Royal's going to get so many chances to put in a cross or key pass that eventually one will get through. But the process is frustrating

\I don't really like the idea of 3 at the back, with two ostensibly defensive orientated wingbacks and 2x DMs or limited passers in midfield. It really doesn't indicate an intention to dominate and score many6 goals. Its a system better suited to taking advantage of space left by the opposition but today, like the 2nd half against Southampton, there doesn't seem to be the space because the opposition are happy to sit and keep the space compressed.

The back 3 is then a good thing as it’s a player less than the traditional back 4. The back 4 is wasted against weaker teams unless you use the back 4 as Liverpool do with virtual wingbacks. It’s then using wingbacks as side midfielders, and using an inside forward on either side of the striker. The biggest issue then arises that you only have creativity through the wings and using defenders they don’t always have a great end product.

Ideally for me, I would have one of the back 3 happy to step in to a more defensive midfielder position with the ball and then have a creative player as one of the two central midfielders, but we don’t have that. We have two central midfielders who are not sufficiently creative nor progressive.

Back