• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sunderland, Saturday 7th December KO 17:30***

A good 3pts in what could've been a banana skin against the bottom team in the league. Just a shame that we didn't convert some of those many chances in order to make it more comfortable and improve our GD.

@OptaJoe: 2 - Tottenham are one of two teams (with Saudi Sportswashing Machine) yet to score more than twice in a Premier League game this season. Opportunity.

@OptaJoe: 11 - Sunderland have lost 11 points from winning positions this season, the most in the Premier League. Lapse.

much better 2nd half.

Andros did very well.

How JD hasn't come away with a hattrick i don't know.

credit to them, showed character to come from behind twice in a week, away from home with plenty of first choice players out.

Happy for the three points, but still not thrilled with overall progress. One goal from a weird set piece and an own goal. Hardly convincing. Hard to really feel satisfied about the win.

That said, onward and upward!

But surely you acknowledge that we created chance after excellent chance?

The set piece was hardly weird either, launching it at a big man to knock it back into the 6 yard box isn't some revolutionary tactic.

Today was a big improvement. I don't really look much into players missing chances, it happens. What's important is we finally got some semblance of attacking play. Sure it was Sunderland, but still..

MoM for me has to be Walker, thought Holtby and Dembele had good game. Chadli was mostly forgettable and Defoe was frustrating, Soldado has to start vs. Liverpool.

Soooo 3 points off 2nd?

Can't wait to get home and see the highlights and all these missed chances y'all were banging on about. Thankful for y'all's help in keeping up with this one

Do you want to rethink this at all after seeing the second half? We should have won that by at least 5 goals. We grew into the game. We made forward passes. We broke beyond the lines. We broke at pace. We were ridiculously good.

Not at all. We played very well, but Sunderland had to come at us once that second goal went in, which allowed us to do the one thing we are always likely to do well: counter-attack. I'd like to think AVB gave them a kick up the **** and the boys responded to that. However, I do invite you to consider what would have happened had Sunderland gone into the break 2-0 up, and emerged set up in those dreaded two banks of four again. Would we have had as much space as we did today?

Overall, it was a fantastic display, with individual errors saved by a good team performance and luck (yes, luck: OG right after the break) at vital times. Good day all around.

Not at all. We played very well, but Sunderland had to come at us once that second goal went in, which allowed us to do the one thing we are always likely to do well: counter-attack. I'd like to think AVB gave them a kick up the **** and the boys responded to that. However, I do invite you to consider what would have happened had Sunderland gone into the break 2-0 up, and emerged set up in those dreaded two banks of four again. Would we have had as much space as we did today?

Overall, it was a fantastic display, with individual errors saved by a good team performance and luck (yes, luck: OG right after the break) at vital times. Good day all around.

Or it was our plan all along to not exhaust ourselves in the first half, like Sunderland did.

Lloris doesn't need to come for that. no opposition player even challenging for the cross.

is it Tyler commentation? HTF did he think that was an OG? Mug.

No Ian Darke. always willing for the opposition to score against us. You know that commentary premonition thing...so and so to come on... he hasnt scored for the last ten games sort of thing.

Thought the game needed better wing play when sugesting Townsend and lamela subs. Shame Lamela didn't make it on as I reckon this was game in which he would have excelled. Still its another positiveresult.=D>

Can we please get a better coach for our forwards than "Sir" Les Ferdinand!

Twitter / EPLIndex:
#SAFC 1 #Spurs 2 FT
Possession%: 47-53 |
Passes: 419-486 |
Accuracy%: 80-85 |
Final 3rd: 107-157 |
Accuracy%: 64-81 |
Shots: 11(4)-22(5)

Sunderland will have a good second half of the season as they've now played Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Emirates Marketing Project, Man Utd, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Tottenham at home. Mostly dross remaining.

So were **** and Liverpool Emirates Marketing Project Chelsea are so much better than us and were 3 points off 2nd go figure

Am so pleased we pulled that off, shouldve won it easily in the end on chances missed

Thought we defended pretty well as a team, Walker and Lennon were fantastic together

Bring on the bin dippers next week

Honestly, I don't think it was a case of 'AVB giving them a kick up the ****' and all of a sudden our players start making different decisions, very obviously. Do you not see the difference in pass selection and the runs players were making in the first half of this game compared to the first half against Man United? It's night and day. And it's planned. Here we are slowing the game down, establishing control and picking the moments to hit them to create clear chances. Against United, we are trying to establish a lead and put them on the back foot before seizing control, since it's likely to be more difficult to stamp your entire system on a better team.

Today went exactly as I thought it would. A slow tempo second half, with players deliberately checking back when the counter is on. Then in the second half you have players busting a gut to fill the spaces ahead of them, you have midfielders breaking between the lines and you see a much faster tempo in our passing to find them. It's clear, obvious planning.

Of course, if we went 2-0 down then we simply have to come at them with even more, and it's going to be more difficult. Just like it would be difficult if we set out with the plan to 'dominate from start to finish' (which is rarely if ever possible) but we get hit with 2 sucker punch goals in that game-plan, except that it's harder to score ourselves because we're knackered from roaring at them when they are at their most alert. You could say 'what if we went 2-0 down' about any system. Doesn't change the fact of what the benefits of our system is.

I think we are doing it, we are very obviously doing it and we are capable of being successful with it.

Didnt start with Sandro, 3rd choice left back, 5th choice centre back, £26m striker on the bench, record signing on the bench, go a goal down away to a team who have beaten Emirates Marketing Project at home.
Im very happy with this performance, especially in the second half.

City have lost at Cardiff,Villa and Sunderland
Spurs have won at Cardiff,Villa and Sunderland How bizarre

Back