• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Stade Rennais***

I guess it wasn’t all bad - NDombele showed up, thought Rodon did well, Bryan at times showed his potential and I liked Royal when he came on. When he receives the ball he looks to go forward with it instantly, and is direct - it makes such a difference.

In the modern game full backs are such a crucial aspect of attacking play, and when you have Ben Davies and Doherty in those positions you know it’s not going to be pretty…..

I’m still waiting for this free flowing football a new manager was going to bring by just not being Jose
We need to pass quicker, it's all so laboured. It's partly the players selected but also our attitude. We don't look to play quickly, no one touch football. It's two touches and then a pass sideways. Slows the rhythm and loses the momentum.

I like Gil I would like to see him feature in PL games on either side. Ndombele had a positive game, showing class and quality and decent involvement although I want to see MORE. He has it in him to be incredible, so I want to see that at Spurs.

Skipp and Hojberg is a solid but static base. It's strong and I get why it's the path we've taken so far. Add some quick combinational players like Gil and Ndombele to the mix and we might have a platform for something. We do have a talented squad just as always unbalanced in some way. [emoji28]

Getting a bit ridiculous with injuries and players missing. Emerson as a right sided attacker with Doherty behind him at right back.

We had a RW on the bench in Markanday, however Nuno decided to bring a RB on instead. Weird decision. Emerson looked clueless in where he was meant to be

We had a RW on the bench in Markanday, however Nuno decided to bring a RB on instead. Weird decision. Emerson looked clueless in where he was meant to be

it’s also not great for Markanday as he realises that he is sat on the bench for no reason. If the perfect moment for his chance arises, but we bring on a right back out of position instead, then what does that tell him?

All a bit safety first. Gil moving forward to replace Bergwijn, could bring on Alli or Hojbjerg, so Hojbjerg it is.

That's fair enough for now. At least we didn't get the midfielde we had against Palace.

The same Rennes that lost their best player.
Don't be so naughty. They spent £80m on replacements (more than us) and have a renowned stream of youth coming through, hence the kids they brought on.

I thought they were a pretty good side, huge amounts of effort, pressing, good passing etc.

Happy with a point, considering PSG mustered a point at Bruges last night.

EDIT: Within 3 years a bunch of those Rennes players will probably be lighting up the top leagues and CL and we'll be wishing we could sign them.

Last edited:
We need to pass quicker, it's all so laboured. It's partly the players selected but also our attitude. We don't look to play quickly, no one touch football. It's two touches and then a pass sideways. Slows the rhythm and loses the momentum.

I like Gil I would like to see him feature in PL games on either side. Ndombele had a positive game, showing class and quality and decent involvement although I want to see MORE. He has it in him to be incredible, so I want to see that at Spurs.

Skipp and Hojberg is a solid but static base. It's strong and I get why it's the path we've taken so far. Add some quick combinational players like Gil and Ndombele to the mix and we might have a platform for something. We do have a talented squad just as always unbalanced in some way. [emoji28]

we always seem to take an extra touch, which is also way we struggle any time we are out under pressure.

Ndombele wasn’t even that good tonight, he just was something different than backwards side ways passing

Gil looked good with the limited ball he had.

This the same Rennes that are 11th in a tin pot league and who finished 6th last season?

I’m sorry but regardless of how “no nonsense” they are these are the teams that we should be beating. What has happened to this club?

We were Premier League runners up and Champions league runners up and now we are a happy with a point at Rennes? Even Hojberg seems embarrassed that we didn’t win it.
They looked like a cohesive unit. Knew what they were doing when they had the ball, there was a plan, there was balance.

We have very little of that at this point. Because of the players we're missing, the lack of match fitness and time playing together for some of our players, a lack of balance in our squad made worse by players missing.

Would have liked to see us a bit further along towards looking like a team with a plan on the ball. But I accept that it's been difficult for Nuno and it's early days.

how bad did the injuries look?
I think Moura will be fine within a week. Slightly twisted his knee/ankle as some guy tackled him wildly from behind. VAR would have told the ref to issue a yellow card IMO. Yes, yellow.

The Bergwijn challenge didn't look bad at all, got a kick on the calf that happens all the time, but presumably it was the same leg he just injured? Hopefully will be fine within a week.

Kane was just taken off to keep him fresh and to show him that he is no longer GHod of Spurs.

Back