• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Stade Rennais***

Can't blame mourinho. We looked different under Mason. Nuno is Nuno, and surprise surprise, he is a lot like Mourinho. Look at Chelsea it was Tuchel from game one.
I've been down on Nuno and how dull it is, but watching tonight I'm wondering are the players still feeling the affects of Mourinho and playing the safe ball all the time.
There was one time towards the end that Davies played a nice one two with Dele to give himself a bit of space and the opportunity to play the ball forwards to a couple of players.
The balls weren't particularly high risk but he still turned back and played the safe ball. It's exactly how everyone played under Mourinho. It may take a little while to get it out of
the players head that the safe option is not what they should be immediately looking for. At least I hope that is what it is and not Nuno continuing with the brick football.
Will give him the benefit of the doubt for a while but it does need to improve.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Another disappointing display with very little creativity. Our goals came from two defensive deflections - neither were actually created by a precise pass.

The key difference for me was that when Rennes attacked, they had four or five players in and around our box and all of them moving. We had one or maybe two at most - and largely static.

Dougherty and Davies contribute virtually nothing going forward. Dougherty 's distribution is appalling and he got a lucky deflection off a defender for PEHs goal. Otherwise it would have been another poor cross.

Frankly, a draw flattered us.

Another disappointing display with very little creativity. Our goals came from two defensive deflections - neither were actually created by a precise pass.

The key difference for me was that when Rennes attacked, they had four or five players in and around our box and all of them moving. We had one or maybe two at most - and largely static.

Dougherty and Davies contribute virtually nothing going forward. Dougherty 's distribution is appalling and he got a lucky deflection off a defender for PEHs goal. Otherwise it would have been another poor cross.

Frankly, a draw flattered us.

Is this Nuno or are players refusing to play properly? Our boys do well in internationals but suck back home.

You can’t go in to a match thinking that it’s ok to lose. It’s the quickest path to losing.

We can’t pick this team for Sunday. Firstly, Tanganga is unavailable, secondly, we have other players that will hopefully be back in contention.

Bryan Gil and Ndombele both need game time. They need to be match ready if we want them to be at a good level against Chelsea.

It’s likely that we will lose on Sunday. I want to believe that we won’t, but Chelsea are further down the line under their manager, a lot further, and have a better squad if players. Of course, we ‘could’ win but it will take some fight and some luck.

Lastly, after the loss against Crystal Palace, we need a reaction. The players need to show that they care and that they want to fight to play for the team.

On reflection we should prioritise the domestic cups and even more so the Conference League as the top 4 is out of reach this season and probably for the next 2-3 years.

And as the PL is so competitive it is far from certain we will qualify for the EL or even the Conference League this season.

Therefore our only realistic route into the CL in the next few years is by winning the EL, so winning the Conference League is the first step to winning the EL, as winning the Conference League gets us a EL place.

Is this Nuno or are players refusing to play properly? Our boys do well in internationals but suck back home.
I think mostly it's the lack of balance in our squad, made worse by players missing. Some Nuno being cautious for now at least.

When Bergwijn went off we could have put on Alli, but went the more cautious approach with Hojbjerg.

But even if we had gone with Alli there would have been issues. We didn't really have the players available to play with more front players than the three of Lucas, Kane and Gil without using kids.

We probably want to get some attacking thrust from particularly the left full back, but with Sessegnon out and Reguilon probably benefiting from a breather, there aren't a lot of attacking options.

Did start Gil and Ndombele in midfield, thought that was good to see, but when Gil had to be moved forward we didn't have Lo Celso as an option.

I would like to see us take a step or two more in the direction of being able to create chances outside of counter attacks and set pieces. We haven't really seen that at all apart from the Pacos home game (probably the easiest game we've had so far). It taking time is understandable, but there has to be progress in that area at some point.

On reflection we should prioritise the domestic cups and even more so the Conference League as the top 4 is out of reach this season and probably for the next 2-3 years.

And as the PL is so competitive it is far from certain we will qualify for the EL or even the Conference League this season.

Therefore our only realistic route into the CL in the next few years is by winning the EL, so winning the Conference League is the first step to winning the EL, as winning the Conference League gets us a EL place.

I can’t see us winning the ECL. Some reasonably strong teams are going to join the competition later on.

And Mourinho’s Roma will turn us over anyhow

With Chelsea coming up I was surprised how many first choice players for that game made the trip and played in this one. Short flight I know but still a fair amount of travel.
Squad is depleted enough and now 2 more are carrying knocks. Would have sacrificed this result for a fresher team on Sunday.
Never thought we'll get anything out of the Chelsea game anyhow, just hope we don't get absolutely smashed by them.

I dont think its the players. I think its Nuno playing a system which doesnt suit the players available. Without GLC and Ndomebele, he needs to change formation

A midfield trio of Skipp, PEH and Dele just doesnt work. There is zero creativity there. Dele either needs to be played as a no 10, and then with a creator in attacking areas or be sold. He's got himself in shape and is working hard but he's simply not a midfielder - he doesnt pass well enough or quick enough. Skipp and PEH need to be rotated, aside from in games against the top 4.

We need to pick a sensible midfield and then set ourselves up to attack as much as defend. The notion of trying not to concede for the first hour and then win it later just doesnt cut it for a club aiming to get back towards the top 4

I'll give Nuno a pass til he has GLC back such that he has the option of picking say PEH/GLC/Tubby in midfield, but its going to be hard to continue to back him if he has those midfield options and continues to pick midfields with no creativity and just play defensively

I dont think its the players. I think its Nuno playing a system which doesnt suit the players available. Without GLC and Ndomebele, he needs to change formation

A midfield trio of Skipp, PEH and Dele just doesnt work. There is zero creativity there. Dele either needs to be played as a no 10, and then with a creator in attacking areas or be sold. He's got himself in shape and is working hard but he's simply not a midfielder - he doesnt pass well enough or quick enough. Skipp and PEH need to be rotated, aside from in games against the top 4.

We need to pick a sensible midfield and then set ourselves up to attack as much as defend. The notion of trying not to concede for the first hour and then win it later just doesnt cut it for a club aiming to get back towards the top 4

I'll give Nuno a pass til he has GLC back such that he has the option of picking say PEH/GLC/Tubby in midfield, but its going to be hard to continue to back him if he has those midfield options and continues to pick midfields with no creativity and just play defensively

If we are relying on that midfield we are screwed.

when will GLC break down or go missing for another 10 days again?

will Ndombele be bothered for longer than a month ?

If we are relying on that midfield we are screwed.

when will GLC break down or go missing for another 10 days again?

will Ndombele be bothered for longer than a month ?

If you assume that Nuno is wedded to 4-3-3, what other midfield would you suggest based on players at the club?

With Chelsea coming up I was surprised how many first choice players for that game made the trip and played in this one. Short flight I know but still a fair amount of travel.
Squad is depleted enough and now 2 more are carrying knocks. Would have sacrificed this result for a fresher team on Sunday.
Never thought we'll get anything out of the Chelsea game anyhow, just hope we don't get absolutely smashed by them.
Why? We won't beat Cheatski anyway. Why sacrifice a game just to lose another? Chelsea are MILES ahead us, and the only way for us to get any kind of result is by some freak luck.

Im not disagreeing that’s our best 3

but it’s not going to happen more than a handful of games.

ok, understand. Our main issue with that midfield is that its hugely reliant on GLC and Ndombele as you say, and then things break down if we have to bring others in. We could do with a system which is less reliant on specific players

ok, understand. Our main issue with that midfield is that its hugely reliant on GLC and Ndombele as you say, and then things break down if we have to bring others in. We could do with a system which is less reliant on specific players

At best we have lo Celso for 2 games before he is in isolation for 10 days again if he goes.

The system can be what ever you want it to be - with out more creative players in the squad we will still face the same issues.

One of GLC and Ndombele with Alli and Skipp or Hojbjerg would be fine I would think.

Can we get GLC available enough of the time? Can we get Ndombele doing the defensive part consistently enough? We'll see.

Back