• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Southampton ***

I believe people will be pleasantly surprised tomorrow. The only real miss for me is Kane. Son, Erikson and Alli are enough coverage with Janssen able to come on for battering ram effects. Southampton doesnt really have that good a defence anymore. Their strength is in the forwards. As always I hope Poch gives Wimmer a game. He needs time for match practice.

Poch doesn't play Wimmer because he's not one of his favourites(like Dier) wasn't that your argument?

OS Team :
Lloris (C)
Walker - Dier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Wanyama - Dembele
Dele - Eriksen
Son
Subs:-
Vorm
Trippier
Wimmer
Onomah
Sissoko
Winks
Janssen​

Gabbiadini,Tadic and Redmond all very dangerous. One of that trio will bag a goal, but as above, think we can snatch 2

Poch doesn't play Wimmer because he's not one of his favourites(like Dier) wasn't that your argument?

- Dier has made errors. Poch keeps on playing him because he believes Dier will learn from more playing time. (Funny enough, Bentaleb used to make mistakes and never got more playing time to correct it)

- Injuries to any one of the 3 CBs sees Wimmer stepping in. If he is not match fit, it is Spurs' loss. Of course, when non-match fit Wimmer steps in, he is far more prone to make errors thus making us view him as crap. See similar subjects like Tripper and Davies.

- Every manager has his first eleven i.e. favourites. My belief is that Dier shouldnt consistently be in the first 11 considering his gaffes.

I think the way we contain teams from the back/midfield is just as key as Kane, look at how we controlled Everton who are equally as dangerous, thats the base that Kane thrived on, I believe the same today, Son will do the business

Why is Southampton not playing Caceres. I watched him for Juventus and Villareal. He wasnt a bad defender.

Last edited:
I just don't understand the logic of this. We should play our strongest available 11 in this game and that means that Wimmer misses out. The slip against Everton aside, Verts has been in very good form since returning from injury, so why drop him?

I dont think Dier is a better CB than Wimmer.

Back