• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Southampton***

He can't have any complaints. Was a needless and reckless thing to do.

Our lack of disclipline at times is Poch's only blight on his record IMO. That kind of behaviour/play comes from the manager. Rose has 7 yellows already this season! He might as well try and pick up 8,9 and 10 sharpish as the fixtures in February/March are far kinder than the games in April/May.

If we are so poorly disciplined how is it that we have ZERO sendings off since April 2015 (i believe Chiriches was sent off away to Stoke when they beat us 3-0)?

Here we go again.

One rule for Tottenham

One rule for Chelsea and United players

If ANY charges are brought, i hope Poch finally speaks out. Personally, i'd be surprised if the FA do charge it was a very minor incident, no worse than any of Costa's incidents earlier this season..

...then again this is the FA and Spurs we're talking about..

If we are so poorly disciplined how is it that we have ZERO sendings off since April 2015 (i believe Chiriches was sent off away to Stoke when they beat us 3-0)?

Red cards are not the only measure of discipline. Granted our record is good (Wanyama has surprised me as he loves a red card) but as mentioned before, Rose has 7 yellows, the 2nd highest total in the league, Vertonghen and Alli still suffer from moments of stupidity and Lamela loves to dive in when the sensible thing would be to stay on his feet.

I'm not concerned too much with picking up yellows in general as every team will accumulate them over the season, but we must lead the league in stupid/avoidable bookings. Sometimes it's necessary to pick up a yellow to stop the other team and "taking one for the team", I just we could have avoided some of ours.

If ANY charges are brought, i hope Poch finally speaks out. Personally, i'd be surprised if the FA do charge it was a very minor incident, no worse than any of Costa's incidents earlier this season..

...then again this is the FA and Spurs we're talking about..

Exactly. This could be interesting. After some of the incidents that have already been cited, have gone unpunished. If we pick up an extended ban, I dont care what coloured glasses I will be accused of wearing, I will be convinced the FA have an agenda regards our club

Loved the way we turned the screw yesterday; i wished Alli had scored instead of got a penalty: I have a bet re the number of goals/assists combined Sissoko gets over the season and that would have been another for him.

Still think we are a bit slipshod in our chance conversion/take the wrong choice in terms of passing or shooting BUT you can't argue with the scoreline, even with the fact we had an extra man.
The faffing about at the back at times when it was 2-1 was damn scary (if we do that vs better attacks than Soton we WILL get d!cked!).

The pace of Sissoko is a great weapon especially away from home.

What i loved most of all about yesterday's result is the sheer disappointment i felt in the media (perhaps shown by the constant reference to Veronghen possibly getting an FA charge) with our results AND display. Man Utd, Arsenal and especially Liverpool fans HATED the result yesterday (too lazy to post from RAWK here, sorry). Then you had talkshows then saying "how long can Spurs keep Dele Alli and Kane2 etc.

Love it.

COYS

Red cards are not the only measure of discipline. Granted our record is good (Wanyama has surprised me as he loves a red card) but as mentioned before, Rose has 7 yellows, the 2nd highest total in the league, Vertonghen and Alli still suffer from moments of stupidity and Lamela loves to dive in when the sensible thing would be to stay on his feet.

I'm not concerned too much with picking up yellows in general as every team will accumulate them over the season, but we must lead the league in stupid/avoidable bookings. Sometimes it's necessary to pick up a yellow to stop the other team and "taking one for the team", I just we could have avoided some of ours.

As every team might say; yesterday's did look avoidable. But do you remember the days when we were nice players and barely picked up many (and when we did we went fully towards Reds and promptly fell apart)?
Would you prefer to go back to those days when we were so nice, opposition forwards loved playing us?

We are nowhere near the worst culprits and instead of complaining you should be happy Poch has stopped us being such soft-touches.

As every team might say; yesterday's did look avoidable. But do you remember the days when we were nice players and barely picked up many (and when we did we went fully towards Reds and promptly fell apart)?
Would you prefer to go back to those days when we were so nice, opposition forwards loved playing us?

We are nowhere near the worst culprits and instead of complaining you should be happy Poch has stopped us being such soft-touches.

I would like him to find a balance between being tough and hard to play against and players like Alli/Vertonghen/Rose etc losing their heads for no reason whatsoever and picking up needless suspensions. Alli normally loses it when someone dares get the better of him and people already know he's easy to wind up. Vertonghen is a cynical player who knows how to wind up the opposition, he gets away with it more often than not.

I like that we are not soft touches anymore, but that doesn't excuse some of the behaviour our players get up to, a lot of it being unprovoked and uncalled for. Do you not think it's possible for Poch to find the right balance? For me, it shouldn't be a case of either we're a team of pussies or a team of thugs.

I notice lots have been made of Mike Dean's handshake with Dembele as he went off.

Wtf, cant a player shake an officials hand now?

Has Rose been booked for losing his head lately or for poor mistimed challenges? Can't say I recall much of the former and I'm not even sure why he got a yellow yesterday, was a harsh booking imo

I would like him to find a balance between being tough and hard to play against and players like Alli/Vertonghen/Rose etc losing their heads for no reason whatsoever and picking up needless suspensions. Alli normally loses it when someone dares get the better of him and people already know he's easy to wind up. Vertonghen is a cynical player who knows how to wind up the opposition, he gets away with it more often than not.

I like that we are not soft touches anymore, but that doesn't excuse some of the behaviour our players get up to, a lot of it being unprovoked and uncalled for. Do you not think it's possible for Poch to find the right balance? For me, it shouldn't be a case of either we're a team of pussies or a team of thugs.

That's the thing, i think Poch HAS found a good balance; i think you are overplaying how often the likes of Rose and Vertonghen 'lose their heads'.
Alli, i will agree, but even he has scored more than i thought as i thought this season his antics would have caught up with him more that it has.

Time will tell.:)

Do you honestly believe with all the recent Rojo challenges, Costa challenges etc that Jan should be anywhere near getting a charge?

As I said, this one will be the test for me. An extended ban and yes I will begin to smell a conspiracy (and a Chelsea-backed one), even moreso with a very important match v them coming up in two matches time!

Time will tell.:)

Do you honestly believe with all the recent Rojo challenges, Costa challenges etc that Jan should be anywhere near getting a charge?

I believe Rojo and Fabregas were lucky to escape punishment, but that doesn't mean Vertonghen should also. I stopped trying to apply sense and reason to the FA years ago. I think they're just incompetent. They've fined Chelsea on numerous occasions for failing to control players so I don't think there's any bias.

Has Rose been booked for losing his head lately or for poor mistimed challenges? Can't say I recall much of the former and I'm not even sure why he got a yellow yesterday, was a harsh booking imo

I think it was a fair yello tbh, he shoved their player off the pitch; it was needless imo.

I agree with your overall point though, he doesn't 'lose his head' very often imo

What i loved most of all about yesterday's result is the sheer disappointment i felt in the media (perhaps shown by the constant reference to Veronghen possibly getting an FA charge) with our results AND display. Man Utd, Arsenal and especially Liverpool fans HATED the result yesterday (too lazy to post from RAWK here, sorry). Then you had talkshows then saying "how long can Spurs keep Dele Alli and Kane2 etc.

Love it.

COYS

Read a bit on RAWK now, and saw this;

Lloris trying his best to gift the game to the Saints here. Will they focus on those mistakes in the studio after the game? Will they fudge cause it doesn't suit their agenda driven nonsense.

Hmm, right, so focusing on the away team's goalkeeper having a couple of dodgy involvements is important in a game in which the away team wins 4-1?! Haha.

I believe Rojo and Fabregas were lucky to escape punishment, but that doesn't mean Vertonghen should also. I stopped trying to apply sense and reason to the FA years ago. I think they're just incompetent. They've fined Chelsea on numerous occasions for failing to control players so I don't think there's any bias.

Do you not agree that it would be wholly unfair if Rojo and Fabregas escape punishment, but Vertonghen doesn't, particularly given our upcoming fixtures?

Back