• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Southampton***

Read a bit on RAWK now, and saw this;

Lloris trying his best to gift the game to the Saints here. Will they focus on those mistakes in the studio after the game? Will they fudge cause it doesn't suit their agenda driven nonsense.

Hmm, right, so focusing on the away team's goalkeeper having a couple of dodgy involvements is important in a game in which the away team wins 4-1?! Haha.

Fukk me; didn't see that - wierd o_O

I think it was a fair yello tbh, he shoved their player off the pitch; it was needless imo.

I agree with your overall point though, he doesn't 'lose his head' very often imo

He's actually improved that side of his game considerably since Poch has been here.

Ive always thought it better/easier to work with aggression and try to contain it than it is to try and instill it in players/teams which are lacking - I think we tread the line but it's being totally blown out of proportion really.

I must say, i still worry Poch isn't utilising the squad better to keep players fresher.
For example, why wasn't Nkoudou played at all?

I hope this is because we hadn't secured the win until Son scored the 3rd late on; perhaps the penalty miss changed some things in his mind and he wanted to play it safe and get the win first...

He's actually improved that side of his game considerably since Poch has been here.

Ive always thought it better/easier to work with aggression and try to contain it than it is to try and instill it in players/teams which are lacking - I think we tread the line but it's being totally blown out of proportion really.

Agreed

Do you not agree that it would be wholly unfair if Rojo and Fabregas escape punishment, but Vertonghen doesn't, particularly given our upcoming fixtures?

It would be unfair but how many more players do you let off just because Rojo and Fabregas got away with it? If that rule were applied then no one would ever get charged again.

Has Rose been booked for losing his head lately or for poor mistimed challenges? Can't say I recall much of the former and I'm not even sure why he got a yellow yesterday, was a harsh booking imo

His booking at United was a bit nasty IMO. He's definitely calmed down compared to how angry he used to be.

That's the thing, i think Poch HAS found a good balance; i think you are overplaying how often the likes of Rose and Vertonghen 'lose their heads'.
Alli, i will agree, but even he has scored more than i thought as i thought this season his antics would have caught up with him more that it has.
Spot on for me.

I think it's essentially impossible to walk the right rope of aggression and composure without the occasional misstep. Particularly for younger players, but even for more experienced top players we see this quite often. I think our players are doing very well in this regard.

I must say, i still worry Poch isn't utilising the squad better to keep players fresher.
For example, why wasn't Nkoudou played at all?

I hope this is because we hadn't secured the win until Son scored the 3rd late on; perhaps the penalty miss changed some things in his mind and he wanted to play it safe and get the win first...
I thought the Winks sub was perfect.

Typically I missed the United game so am going to have to do a Wenger and say 'i did not see it' :D

If Rose did do a bad one vs Mhkitaryan i for one couldn't care less: not that i hate that player, we are talking about Mourinho who often sets his players out to semi-injure one of our players early on and then exploit the fact that player will not be 100% for the rest of the game. He certainly did this in the carling cup final in 2015 vs Walker.
In fact, i think this sewed the seeds for the "Battle of the Bridge" in April.
I also didn't see the Manure game, but i did hear that the likes of Pogba were seemingly trying to injure Dembele.

So in that context i say FUKK Jose and Manure and praise the Laud for our Danny Rose and his take-no-prisoners attitude!

That's the thing, i think Poch HAS found a good balance; i think you are overplaying how often the likes of Rose and Vertonghen 'lose their heads'.
Alli, i will agree, but even he has scored more than i thought as i thought this season his antics would have caught up with him more that it has.

I'm all for controlled aggression. I would just like Poch to eradicate the scratching, elbows and unprovoked off the ball incidents.

I'm all for controlled aggression. I would just like Poch to eradicate the scratching, elbows and unprovoked off the ball incidents.

You have to remember it takes two to tango; i think teams target us more with certain 'antics' now that we are
a) seen as a better team
b) we are less of a soft-touch physically

These incidents you talk of are likely coming about due to 'banter' and other stuff that goes on the field all the time. We only see the final 'point' in an incident. I wouldn't be surprised given the full extent of what goes on, our players are actually showing a lot of restraint in the overall context

Is eradicating such incidents a realistic aim? Which managers have been able to do that?

Maybe, maybe not but I would like Poch to try. Conte has managed to tame Costa to a degree, he went about 9 games without a booking. He needs to make it clear that the type of behaviour that went on yesterday with Vertonghen is not acceptable.

Maybe, maybe not but I would like Poch to try. Conte has managed to tame Costa to a degree, he went about 9 games without a booking. He needs to make it clear that the type of behaviour that went on yesterday with Vertonghen is not acceptable.
You don't think he's trying?

Costa has 5 yellows in the league this season... Not sure that's a good example. And that's one player, you're taking about Pochettino doing that for our entire team.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ards-led-warning-Antonio-Conte-clean-act.html

Conte has spoken to Costa about his approach. He has encouraged him to find middle ground between the aggression he needs to prosper in the Premier League and the pointless needling that shifted his mind away from playing football.

In return, Conte has been rewarded with a sharpening of the appetite and a willingness to go beyond what is often comfortable. Against Everton recently, Costa suffered a groin injury that was to prevent him from playing for Spain but he did not reveal it until the end of the game. Even at 5-0, the striker stayed on.

Costa up close is not only physically intimidating but he has that dark, brooding look of a man who does not mind if everybody thinks he is permanently just a bit fed up.

Other centre forwards would buy a little of that natural, latent threat if they could. In times past, Costa has looked as though he could afford to give a little of it away.

If Conte has done anything for his player so far, he has helped him find balance. In a league packed with eclectic attacking talent, Costa stands alone as a brilliant reinvented throwback.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ng-Antonio-Conte-clean-act.html#ixzz4UDuwYnwa
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back