• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Some Spanish team apparently**

Everybody dance now!

Wish we can have all our best players back for this match, especially Dembele, Wanyama and Lamela. We will need all the help we can get against Real. It is going to be a tense match for us. I think it will lift us greatly if Kane can score our first ever goal against Real. Let's hope we will be at our best against Real to get a positive result for us.

Probably:
----------------------Navas---------------------
-Hakimi---Ramos--Varane---Marcelo-
------Kroos---Casemiro---Modric-------
-----------------------Isco-----------------------
-----------Benzema-----Ronaldo----------

Aside the obvious quality of those players, that's also a lot of bodies in the middle of the park for them. We'll have to play without the ball and counter attack, whilst having enough players in the middle to not get totally overrun in there. I'm still thinking the 4141 system that we used last season (beat Emirates Marketing Project with that), with Sissoko and Son in the wide positions, to hit them on the counter with pace and protect our fullbacks. Dier as the dedicated holding midfield player, with Eriksen and Winks/Dembele infront (I'd assume Winks, don't see us rushing Dembele back).

Stay in the game and get chances on the break.

Probably:

Or maybe the new young guy Asensio up front and a 4-3-3?

Famous last words however the saving grace about their midfield is that they don't hurt you too much in terms of goal threat - you just need to stay tight on them to stop them picking passes. Hoping we play 3 at the back this evening given that there will inevitably be moments when Ronaldo beats his man so having another CB there I think is required

I was aware that Madrid had a bad start to the season and was convinced we could match them, when we went 3-0 up against the Cypriots I had half an eye on the Dortmund v Madrid.

I know I am stating the obvious but they have a lot of very very good players - Lots of powerful players and match winners all over the park.

Looking forwards to the game but its going to be a challenge.

Or maybe the new young guy Asensio up front and a 4-3-3?

Famous last words however the saving grace about their midfield is that they don't hurt you too much in terms of goal threat - you just need to stay tight on them to stop them picking passes. Hoping we play 3 at the back this evening given that there will inevitably be moments when Ronaldo beats his man so having another CB there I think is required
I thought Kroos had more goals in him than that (just checked on Wiki) - its probably due to my mate killing me on Pro Evo rather than him in real life - you live and learn.

Random thought: Is this the biggest club match for most of our team? Jan, Kane, Eriksen, Dier ...

Hopefully that will give us a small advantage in terms of desire as they should be 100% up for it.

Random thought: Is this the biggest club match for most of our team? Jan, Kane, Eriksen, Dier ...

Hopefully that will give us a small advantage in terms of desire as they should be 100% up for it.

Not often in recent years that we are underdogs in a game.

Should be interesting........

Will we go to try and dominate possession or sit in and counter?
I'd say we need to do a combination of that. We need to be able to keep possession and "rest" with the ball for periods. We also have to trust our ability, and press with the whole team when we can/need. The most important thing is not to get split up and leave too much space, which is what RM usually do very well.

If we manage to go there and get a point, that will really make the rest of the league sit up and take notice. All of a sudden the press will start to compare us to teams like the Emirates Marketing Project and Manure of this season. For me, another huge marker will be the game at Dortmund. When the draw was made, we were not expected to get out of the group.....a point tonight goes a long way to us qualifying.

Marca apology:

"The article has generated controversy in England because of a mis-translation of the term 'hated', which also featured in the copy. The 'hatred' that Tottenham suffers is very focused on the radical and racist groups that are hiding in society, especially among the fans of Chelsea and West Ham. Obviously, these groups do not represent the English game or society.

'We regret the confusion that has been created in this respect. The intention was not to damage the image of Tottenham - a club we respect, value and admire.

'We do not want to serve as a mouthpiece for these racist minorities, which remain within football and which use any pretext to spread their messages of hate, which we reject head-on'."

Quality attempt at saying sorry by any stretch.
haha aren't they insulting chelsea and west ham now ?

Probably:
no bale? wish to see him score a consolation goal against us :)

Bit worried about Serge v Marcelo. One of them likes to dive in and the other loves to pretend he's been shot...

Back