• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Real Madrid***

Right, I got back home at 11:00 pm, more or less. Grabbed a drink, sat myself down with the laptop, downloaded the entire match and watched it through. Every minute, every second, over again, including the period past 65 minutes that I managed to catch the first time.

The thing about watching a match again with the result already known to you, however, is that the tension is absent. The sweating, the constant, nervous glances at the clock, the shouting, the swearing, the singing. The praying, making bargains with GHod and cursing fate for making a minute last sixty seconds. The result is in your head, so the crackling, barely repressed emotion that underlies every single thing you do in a game vanishes, and all that's left is the mechanical motion of watching that result play out.

Watching us do...what we did, I couldn't recreate that emotion, knowing what I knew about the way it turned out. So I let my mind wander for a bit. And, in doing so, I found myself thinking about a similar moment from a long time ago - seven long years in the past.

On the 2nd of November, 2010, eleven men in white kits walked out under the floodlights of White Hart Lane, badgers emblazoned proudly across their chests. Like yesterday, they were dwarfed by the moment as they walked out - eleven nervous hearts, lined up in an old stadium that pulsed and thundered with emotion from every corner. Like yesterday, they faced the European champions, the elite of European football. Like yesterday, the stout hearts of those eleven men would be called upon to burnish the name of this bloody, but unbowed old club.

"Oh, beautifully done by Modric - and it's a lovely ball too! And VAN DER VAART FINDS THE NET! LIFTOFF FOR TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR!"

"Bale...turned on the afterburners again! A lovely ball! IT'S A LOVELY GOAL!"

"It's A GREAT BALL! IT'S A GREAT GOAL! And it's surely the winner!"

And, like yesterday...those men rose to the occasion.

In 90 minutes, those men wrote themselves into the history of Tottenham Hotspur. And, in 90 minutes, they put the seal on twenty years of struggle. Twenty years of pain. Twenty years of falling to the bottom and slowly, achingly rising up again. For 90 minutes, those men gently lifted the bowed head of Tottenham Hotspur. And for 90 minutes, they brought back the days when this old club ruled the world.... so, so very long ago.

Carlo Cudicini. Alan Hutton. William Gallas. Younes Kaboul. Benoit-Assou Ekotto. Aaron Lennon. Tom Huddlestone. Luka Modric. Gareth Bale. Rafael Van Der Vaart. Peter Crouch.

On the 2nd of November, 2010, those men broke the mould we had made for ourselves. For 90 minutes, they were champions - they were winners, they were lions, they would not be bowed by the fragility and pain that had burdened so much of our past, for so very long.

And....on the 2nd of November, 2010, they made us dream of a golden dawn, gently simmering into view under a reddening morning sky.

As we know, that dawn never came. We lost that team. We lost that era. And we lost that hopefulness. All we had were the memories - the bittersweet nostalgia for our magnificent adventure, our tryst with destiny that allowed us to climb into the bluest of skies before the sun burned our wings and we fell, resigned, from a place we never really belonged to.

Seven years ago, we beat Inter Milan 3-1 and wrote a page in our history.

And yesterday, we beat Real Madrid 3-1 and wrote another.

These have been seven long years. Seven years of the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. Seven years of stumbling, falling, sobbing, and then climbing again with bloodied hands, determined to reach the top that seemed forever unapproachable. Seven years of being *human* - with all our vulnerabilities, flaws, doubts and worries.

And seven years that ended today in a mirror image of that day in November 2010 - eleven brave men in white shirts, rolling back the years for ninety minutes and making us dream of us our glory days when we awed the world. Eleven brave men, who beat the European champions. Eleven brave men who conquered.

Will this era end better than the last one did? I hope it will, and I think it will, but we can never be sure. But that's for another time. Today, I want to do nothing other than celebrate the men who brought us this day, like I celebrated the men who brought us that day in November 2010. So here's to you, brave men of Tottenham Hotspur. Here's to you.

Hugo Lloris. Kieran Trippier. Toby Alderweireld. Eric Dier. Davinson Sanchez. Jan Vertonghen. Ben Davies. Harry Winks. Moussa Sissoko. Christian Eriksen. Dele Alli. Mousa Dembele. Fernando Llorente. Harry Kane.

Mauricio Pochettino. Jesus Perez. Miguel D'Agostino. Toni Jimenez.

Daniel Levy.

Here's to you, for making us dream once again. And here's to you for rolling back the years, and making this sentimental sod cry.

Here's to you.

And thank you.

45EAEFEB00000578.jpg

Almost home to Poole. A long way back home, but the journey was well worth it tonight. Delighted with the performance and result.

You made good time - did you drive up? Where do you tend to park? I go up regularly from near Shaftesbury and park at a Richmond but wondering if there’s a quicker way.

You made good time - did you drive up? Where do you tend to park? I go up regularly from near Shaftesbury and park at a Richmond but wondering if there’s a quicker way.

I got the train up. I left seconds before the final whistle, then ran. I managed to get past the first stop/go sign on go. Stopped by the second sign. I managed to get the 10:35pm train back to Poole. The 10:35pm is a direct service train, so only takes 2 hours. I was lucky to get that one, or I'd have not been back for another hour. The next train leaves Waterloo at just after 11, but doesn't get back to Poole until half 1.

I'm a bit puzzled by the possession stats - they had 68%? It didn't seem like that.

However, 83,000 can't be right. Apart from the big gap (maybe 600?) in the away blocks, there were only a few individual seats here and there.

Listening to a few who only got in around half-time due to some big rooster-up with paper tickets, they reckoned there were many in the same position.

Let's not take anything away from Real madrid, they're a top side, had so many players unavailable, Lloris had to make some fantastic saves to keep the score down, scoreline flattered Spurs.

Okay fudge that, enough of the press flimflam.

Spurs, the only team to beat Real Madrid in a group stage match since 2012 ending a 30 game unbeaten run, inflicting RM's biggest CL loss since 2008 in the process, well done lads you did us proud. COYS!!!

I'm a bit puzzled by the possession stats - they had 68%? It didn't seem like that.

However, 83,000 can't be right. Apart from the big gap (maybe 600?) in the away blocks, there were only a few individual seats here and there.

Listening to a few who only got in around half-time due to some big rooster-up with paper tickets, they reckoned there were many in the same position.

68% is probably about right, they had a lot of mindless tippytappy passing in the middle third of the pitch whereas we tended to attack with speed and therefore less time used.

What makes it so sweet is I think somewhere in a leafy suburb an aged football "commentator" is sitting in a dark end room pulling the arms and legs off his teddy bear!

68% is probably about right, they had a lot of mindless tippytappy passing in the middle third of the pitch whereas we tended to attack with speed and therefore less time used.
We sat back and defended both deep and well, led to turn having a lot of that pointless passing. We also counter attacked really well. Kane and Alli was such a threat. They seemed to leave three players against those two most of the time and they looked completely unable to handle our lads.

I think it does something to a midfielder when any loss of possession seems to become a dangerous counter attack. Saying that they looked scared is probably taking it too far, but they at least looked uncomfortable and unsure about how to handle us.

I care little for stats as the only one that matters is the final score. Are a team in possession when they punt the ball 60 yards anywhere up the pitch and managed to get to the ball first? or when they are wasting time with throw ins and goal kicks?

I care little for stats as the only one that matters is the final score. Are a team in possession when they punt the ball 60 yards anywhere up the pitch and managed to get to the ball first? or when they are wasting time with throw ins and goal kicks?

Yep

The shot stats are the worst

Via twitter

Mousa Dembele’s half an hour mugging off Luka Modric & kicking Sergio Ramos’ leg off is the most iconic performance since Bale v Inter.

Back