• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Racist Rent Boys***

I am glad I avoided coming here until now...have only read the last two pages and honestly, I cannot believe some of the piffle I am reading!!! 'No fight'??? Sorry Dubai, I give you much latitude but not on that one. The game changed on two moments, one where we should've played the half out (and got done by a brilliant turn/shot) and the other where Eriksen made a mistake in not attacking the 7-8 yards of open space immediately ahead, and having got closed down, passed to an unprepared Dembele who then coughed it.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The game changed, I'm agreeing with you there. What I'm struggling to understand is how it changed to the extent that we went from showing grit and energy in the first half to looking scared and lost in the second. Is that a display with plenty of 'fight', that second half?

Not sure if you saw what Conte did? He pushed Pedro up behind Costa second-half and went with only Kante sitting in the knowledge that we are not that fast right now. Problem with that was when combined with them pushing 10 yards higher up saw more traffic inside and Wimmer finding himself going inside to try and double-up defend in there. It was clever, especially as he knew Dembele couldn't risk much due to the yellow card, thus he put the squeeze on.
Omwards!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Mate, if one tactical change could nullify our pressing and fight so easily, teams would have done it throughout last season. There is little to be gained from labouring the point, but the sort of comfort Chelsea acquired in the second half came from *us*, not from what they did. But, I'll grant your point for the purposes of discussion - so, did Poch perhaps get out-thought tactically, in your opinion?

I guess I had every right to be concerned, winning goal and voted man of the match

Honestly.... I thought other than the half he offered nothing. He spent the first half pegged back and got subbed.

The player who made the difference was Pedro with the class goal against tbe run of play

I never look at MOTM as there nearly always given to the person who scores the winner, hence why Kane got or ves West Ham whereas the best player was Winks by some way

There were lots of positives to be taken from the first half yesterday, not least that it shows we are capable of playing at our best, even with key players either absent entirely or being off the boil, relatively speaking. The worrying thing (and no less so because it was entirely predictable) was the way we folded again almost from the moment they equalised.

We bled to death in that game from self-inflicted wounds, as we more or less always seem to do in that type of situation, the players never really looking for another moment as though they had the belief in themselves that they could win. Fitness issues with certain players (Dembele, for example, who flagged badly) along with the usual paucity of options on the bench may have contributed to the deflation of the second half, as did Conte's tactical switch, but it's primarily a lack of mental fitness that's cost us at least a share of the points, all stemming from that pivotal moment at the end of the first half when we switched off from our own free-kick.

Pochettino plays it down publicly, and did so again in his post-match presser, but I've fretted about this issue ever since the truth of it crystallized so perfectly that Sunday in May at St James's. For me, it's the greatest challenge he faces with them. I'm just hoping the squad will settle down and find its rhythm again once Alderweireld and Lamela are back. Hopefully, we can stop patching and put a run of results together.

The game changed, I'm agreeing with you there. What I'm struggling to understand is how it changed to the extent that we went from showing grit and energy in the first half to looking scared and lost in the second. Is that a display with plenty of 'fight', that second half?

Lost and scared? We were on the back foot because, as you would expect from a team full of quality they were buoyed by that equaliser and eventually the winner. If you are lamenting our lack of game changing type player or that we gave them both goals then I'd accept the criticism but this is just self-pitying drivel and completely off the mark.

Just pointing out that the media don't have favourites as much as they have narratives they want to push. Games I watch at home I mostly end up muting the commentary.

And their narratives are almost always based on money dictating order. That one sank like a stone last time out, and their bewilderment was such that they resorted to bleating non-stop about the "fairy tale" of Leicester instead. McManaman's gushings yesterday were an expression of their unbridled relief that the barge appears to have been refloated, at least for the time being.

And their narratives are almost always based on money dictating order. That one sank like a stone last time out, and their bewilderment was such that they resorted to bleating non-stop about the "fairy tale" of Leicester instead. McManaman's gushings yesterday were an expression of their unbridled relief that the barge appears to have been refloated, at least for the time being.
McManaman is just a twit, full stop.

I do agree with Dubai about one thing. poch's lack of animation n the touch line can be having a detrimental effect on our players. He needs to be out there encouraging, instructing, cajoling, remonstrating etc. If this brought about a 5% improvement in our payers it would be worthwhile.

All the great recent managers do it, SAF, Mourinho, Cante, Klop etc Yet our manager who has won nothing chooses not to do it. He needs to learn to do it and fast.

Remember what staying put cost Clough before extra time in the FA Cup Final.

Show some passion yourself Poch if you. expect the team to. It's called leading from the front.

Mate, if one tactical change could nullify our pressing and fight so easily, teams would have done it throughout last season. There is little to be gained from labouring the point, but the sort of comfort Chelsea acquired in the second half came from *us*, not from what they did. But, I'll grant your point for the purposes of discussion - so, did Poch perhaps get out-thought tactically, in your opinion?

No. I just think you're being a dire pessimist. First-half we were back to our best and Chelski were exceptionally flat. Second-half, they were far more aggressive/on their game, and rode us like a tired donkey for the first 15 minutes. After that I thought we worked our way back in well, Winks was a good addition and George did better than I expected. Janssen wasn't in it. We had two great chances second-half, and those are the moments we need to take advantage of. As for the tactical switch Conte brought about, given that Poch had to gamble with playing Wimmer at left-back, it was one which made sense on game-day but which normal would not even have an opportunity to be implemented, as even Davies (back-up) would not be vulnerable in that way. So no. It would not have been 'done to us throughout' last season because it would not have worked. Was there a match last season when our entire left-hand side was stripped beyond even the reserves? No Lamela and no Rose/Davies meant it as a minor miracle we didn't get turned over down that side more!!!!
I further think you're negating the effects of Dembele's booking on his second-half; let's face it, the bloke was probably hampered beyond a usual yellow given the ground and recent history.

I do agree with Dubai about one thing. poch's lack of animation n the touch line can be having a detrimental effect on our players. He needs to be out there encouraging, instructing, cajoling, remonstrating etc. If this brought about a 5% improvement in our payers it would be worthwhile.

All the great recent managers do it, SAF, Mourinho, Cante, Klop etc Yet our manager who has won nothing chooses not to do it. He needs to learn to do it and fast.

Remember what staying put cost Clough before extra time in the FA Cup Final.

Show some passion yourself Poch if you. expect the team to. It's called leading from the front.

Telly doesn't show him much. He is very often highly animated, off his seat, yelling, cheering, cajoling...I can tell you that against West Ham he was going a bit mental several times.

One other thing about yesterday...remember last season.

Didn't look like that the game to me

Pedro was trying to get forward in the first half but everytime they had the ball we won it back so he never got a chance until the 44th minute

Second half they pushed Kante slightly forward to pressurise Demebele and Kante actually got away with a lot yesterday (how was the shirt pull not A booking for a start) and they gained 5 yards. It helped their toss backs get into the game for 10 minutes and they got their goal. They then sat back and waited

Pedro's starting position second-half was a lot tighter to Costa, indeed, the whole team pushed further forward but that was the one I noticed, along with leaving Kante to take care of the middle knowing we lacked pace and that Moose was on a yellow (I think this hampered his game severely second-half and that we looked a lot tidier and even snappier when Winks came on)...in the end, we can discuss/debate semantics, but we can agree that Conte absolutely squeezed us more second-half and Chelski stopped treating us with respect.

I absolutely agree re: getting away with it, Kante did and frankly, I thought Matic could've got a red for leading with his elbow on Kane.

Telly doesn't show him much. He is very often highly animated, off his seat, yelling, cheering, cajoling...I can tell you that against West Ham he was going a bit mental several times.

One other thing about yesterday...remember last season.
Thanks Steff - you exactly made my point for me. A cajoling Poch v Spam led to a stirring last minute come back and three points. A laid back Poch equals poor second half displays against Chelsea and Monaco and succumbing to defeats meekly.

I do remember last season but don't get your point. Please explain.

A young side like ours needs a fully engaged and inspiring leader from the sidelines. A stony faced coach just doesn't cut it. For me that is the difference between winners and losers. Every time last season we had a chance to go top we blew it. Poch really does need to up his game in this respect.

Thanks Steff - you exactly made my point for me. A cajoling Poch v Spam led to a stirring last minute come back and three points. A laid back Poch equals poor second half displays against Chelsea and Monaco and succumbing to defeats meekly.

I do remember last season but don't get your point. Please explain.

A young side like ours needs a fully engaged and inspiring leader from the sidelines. A stony faced coach just doesn't cut it. For me that is the difference between winners and losers. Every time last season we had a chance to go top we blew it. Poch really does need to up his game in this respect.

Unfortunately I had to be back home and could not be at The Bridge. I trust you were there to see Poch on the touchline? The camera showing me the game on elly didn't really focus on him at all, save for the moment when he was in deep conversation with Conte. I will ask my mate what he saw.
Last season,Poch got so wrapped up he went onto the pitch to break up a fight, and was generally fired up beyond belief. I think perhaps all parties wished to be sure it didn't happen again. It's a lot easier to leap about cajoling crowds when it's your own ground. I can understand some criticisms of the man, but calling Poch 'laid-back' is frankly beyond my comprehension. I also cannot fathom the concept that we succumbed 'meekly' to Chelski. As for winners being forged by pogo-looneys, Ranieri was hardly doing star jumps of rage and passion last season was he?

I cant wait to face these guys in January. Hopefully we have the full team available. Spurs first team in my opinion is more than a match for their first 11. Toby, Lamela and Rose back would be major.

Be honest, did anyone honestly see us getting any kind of result? Our record there is actually a joke! 26 years and counting, and that's with no relegation's for either side so it's not like there's been an extended period where we haven't played them.

Be honest, did anyone honestly see us getting any kind of result? Our record there is actually a joke! 26 years and counting, and that's with no relegation's for either side so it's not like there's been an extended period where we haven't played them.

No

I predicted a 2-1 defeat but a good performance which we got. For me they had a 15 minute spell and that was it

What Suprised me was how gash they were seeing them live and also how poor the atmosphere has got there. There was no animosity or niggle and it was half full of foreign tourists (wealthy ones)

Just think about:
  • Chelscum had the entire week to prepare for us
  • They have had the luxury of playing the same team for 7 weeks straight
  • They are arguably the in-form team, not just in the PL, but in all of Europe
  • We had a midweek away match
  • We were missing 3 key players and haven't had the chance to field a consistent line-up in GHod knows how long
Yet in spite of that, we played them off the park in the first half and still pushed them in the second half on occasions. A draw would have been a fairer result, but a victory by us would not have been undeserved either. What I have seen in some of the big games is that, when Spurs are focused and playing like they can, I seriously doubt there is any team that can stop us. A far cry from two years ago when we were regularly getting thumped 3,4,5-0.

Let's get those injuries out of the way and up the consistency and we'll be back in the thick of it in no time.

Just think about:
  • We were missing 3 key players and haven't had the chance to field a consistent line-up in GHod knows how long
Yet in spite of that, we played them off the park in the first half and still pushed them in the second half on occasions. A draw would have been a fairer result, but a victory by us would not have been undeserved either. What I have seen in some of the big games is that, when Spurs are focused and playing like they can, I seriously doubt there is any team that can stop us. A far cry from two years ago when we were regularly getting thumped 3,4,5-0.

Let's get those injuries out of the way and up the consistency and we'll be back in the thick of it in no time.

Too positive.

Just think about:

I heartily support your most optimistic post. I hope that there is a solid determination to develop our squad with Poch at the helm. And while the draws in the league and the CL exit are painful, it is all good experience for the club. let's all remember that the future's bright, the future's Lillywhite.

Back