• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Racist Rent Boys***

The played on the counter after their second goal and had some shots I agree but this soanmed them highs and wide

They then sat 8 men behind the and asked us to break them down. It's why I didn't get the winks sub and we needed an attacked on

They won their fair share of headers I agree but they hardly made a tackle. When they win the ball it was invariably as a result of a move breaking down or from a corner as were awful at them

They didn't play 3-4-3 either they okayed 5-3-2 for most if that ahem as the were over back when we played well and then sat back after the lead.

I didn't get the Winks sub either - I wanted N'Koudou on for Son, and given his energy and directness on the wing I do wish he'd have come on earlier.

I disagree about the tackles - they made a lot of them, and the ones that most immediately spring to mind are the ones where three of them descended on one of ours (usually Dembele or Wanyama) and dispossessed them in a manner that really reminded me of what we do when we're on form. I think the last one of those led to the Oscar breakaway.

Overall, I guess I'm just hurting that we were (from my perspective,anyway) outfought by a team that we should have wanted revenge against. We went down so limply in the end - where was the 'passion', Poch?

Also, I have no idea why Sissoko wasn't even used here - he's fit, he's ready, and if we're giving Janssen so much time on the pitch, surely we could o the same for someone who, for all his faults, can bring some energy, directness and physicality to a side in dire need of it.

@DubaiSpur I've no doubt you are a real fan and a good bloke, but honestly, you don't half post some rubbish at times, mate. Have you ever considered the bigger picture? Where we've been for decades and where we now are? The money we've spent against the money others have spent? The fact that the current team is part of a process as we build a new stadium? Really, take a breath and calm down, buddy.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I know, mate - I don't hold anything against you. Deep down, we're all Spurs fans, and I've lost count of the number of times I've agreed with people who I've viciously disagreed with in more heated times - and the same's happened more times than I can count in the other direction. We're all at our most heated at times like these, and I hold no rancor either way after a long time spent arguing with fellow fans both in person and online. :p I only wish people wouldn't throw about that whole 'you're not a true fan' thing with such abandon, because it could really hurt people who feel like they're being ostracised for holding different views.

But my post made some essential points that I'm still not convinced aren't broadly true. We needed a bit of fight from the touchline, which was largely absent. Previous managers have broken hoodoos that have dogged us for years, namely at the Emirates and Old Trafford, and haven't gotten the credit they deserve for it - Poch hasn't managed it yet, at Stamford Bridge in particular, and it's important to note now how much of an achievement those previous banishments were. For a man who speaks of passion as being everything in football, it isn't sufficient to get away with 'we were the better team' when we clearly weren't, and were outfought in the second half - that's a motivation/energy issue. And, finally, every manager makes gambles - Poch made a gamble on CL progression, and it backfired on him horribly. It's not anathema to the idea of him being a good manager to point it out - it was a mistake, a horrible one, and cannot be rushed over when the accounting's done at the end of the season, especially given that he's had backing our previous managers haven't had.

You're welcome to refute those points, if you'd like - I'm always interested in giving due attention to what others have to say here, and discussing it at length accordingly. Of course, posts like @glasgowspur 's aren't exactly useful in that regard, but you take the highs with the lows. ;) I'll add that the only exception to my general acceptance of posts questioning my assertions is when someone directly lobs accusations at me without bothering to read or address any of the points I make - that's when I lose patience with braindead ars*wipes like that, although thankfully they're usually very rare here.
Yeah I might be a brain dead arse wipe, but at least I've wasted qt mins of one's life reading that utter crap you've written tonight.

Yeah I might be a brain dead arse wipe, but at least I've wasted qt mins of one's life reading that utter crap you've written tonight.

Who said you were? Your post was completely pointless in that you didn't address a single thing I said, but at least you *read* it before responding - that's all I ask, and I mentioned it. So I've got no beef with you, other than the fact that I have no way to adequately respond to you given the lack of talking points, so I won't bother. ;)

I didn't get the Winks sub either - I wanted N'Koudou on for Son, and given his energy and directness on the wing I do wish he'd have come on earlier.

I disagree about the tackles - they made a lot of them, and the ones that most immediately spring to mind are the ones where three of them descended on one of ours (usually Dembele or Wanyama) and dispossessed them in a manner that really reminded me of what we do when we're on form. I think the last one of those led to the Oscar breakaway.

Overall, I guess I'm just hurting that we were (from my perspective,anyway) outfought by a team that we should have wanted revenge against. We went down so limply in the end - where was the 'passion', Poch?

Also, I have no idea why Sissoko wasn't even used here - he's fit, he's ready, and if we're giving Janssen so much time on the pitch, surely we could o the same for someone who, for all his faults, can bring some energy, directness and physicality to a side in dire need of it.

They made some tackles of course but they were because we showed them too much balls and were attacking. They helped them create the counters as the playing getting caught was invtpriabky exposed by bad decision making

But for me they only got stuck in once they sat back after 70 mins

@DubaiSpur
Poch does make many mistakes. His biggest by far for me was this summers transfers, excluding Wanyama.

Fair, although I think we should give Sissoko and Janssen a season to integrate (and bear in mind, this is coming from someone who was legitimately p*ssed off that we didn't sign Batshuayi instead of Janssen). And Wanyama's been really good, so credit to Poch for going back in for him.

Poch makes mistakes - he made more than a few big ones over the course of the past week. To point them out, as well as to be generally disappointed with them, is not to insinuate that he's not still a good manager *overall*, or that he won't improve with time. I personally have my reservations about the cavalier way he throws away cup competitions, but I can still praise him for stuff he does do very well and the times he does surprise me (like he did when he went with the formation against Arsenal). However, I don't hold the view that we should unreservedly trust everything he does - he's been backed by a chairman who I have often criticized for not backing his men in the past, and I think it's fair to expect a return on that.

Fair, although I think we should give Sissoko and Janssen a season to integrate (and bear in mind, this is coming from someone who was legitimately p*ssed off that we didn't sign Batshuayi instead of Janssen). And Wanyama's been really good, so credit to Poch for going back in for him.

Poch makes mistakes - he made more than a few big ones over the course of the past week. To point them out, as well as to be generally disappointed with them, is not to insinuate that he's not still a good manager *overall*, or that he won't improve with time. I personally have my reservations about the cavalier way he throws away cup competitions, but I can still praise him for stuff he does do very well and the times he does surprise me (like he did when he went with the formation against Arsenal). However, I don't hold the view that we should unreservedly trust everything he does - he's been backed by a chairman who I have often criticized for not backing his men in the past, and I think it's fair to expect a return on that.

We will find out!

We will find out!

Next season, cuss 'em out all you want, and unless I fall irrationally in love with either of 'em (as I did with Soldado), I'll probably join you in being sceptical about their chances here ;) . But give 'em this season to get their feet under the table - it's the least we can do, and it isn't like they're starters so they *have* to perform from the get go.

Hard to take that.

At least BT Sport are happy, and especially for some unknown reason, an extremely happy and satisfied Steve McManaman.
That struck me too. Over and above the expected commentator bias/narrative, McManaman came out with some truly bizarre pro-Chelsea comments. Very strange.

As to the game : great to see our pressing game back again, at least in the first half when we were clearly in control and the best team. I was fearing that pressing seemed to have been lost from our game plans this season. Encouraging to see it is still there. Let's keep using it as we did last season.
I don't believe we would have conceded either of those goals if we had had Toby playing. Both goals resulted from bad defending and too much space being afforded to them. Toby would not have allowed that to happen. That makes me less concerned about this loss (in terms of the manner of the loss) than I otherwise might have been.
I hate that we lost our unbeaten league run to this lot, but in some ways I am glad that millstone is removed from round our necks. We saw it last season, before we lost to Saudi Sportswashing Machine, where we seemed to be more afraid of losing than focused on winning. Now we can just concentrate on winning. More performances like today's first half and we will be challenging for that top spot.

Who said you were? Your post was completely pointless in that you didn't address a single thing I said, but at least you *read* it before responding - that's all I ask, and I mentioned it. So I've got no beef with you, other than the fact that I have no way to adequately respond to you given the lack of talking points, so I won't bother. ;)
Fair enough, the original post was so long that I didn't know where to start in picking it apart point to by point. I'm a bit of a rambling git so would still be typing it out on Tuesday.
My original post was intended at least partially as tongue in cheek, we've all went on rants while those around us have stood sniggering behind their hands(well I have any way), and sometimes it takes some

I know the result stings, but we need to take the emotion out of it for a second.

- We lost and are now 7 points behind. (big negative)
- We were the much better side and tactically think we overcame this so called amazing 3 at the back of Chelsea.
- Their goal was very much against the run of play and completely undeserved. It was a great goal to Pedro's credit.
- Second goal was the most disappointing thing. Completely avoidable.

We have a lot of positives to look to. We looked like we returned to our favoured 4-2-3-1, and played with our more familiar high intensity press. Kane was fantastic and I think the rest would have done him good. We have got through the toughest part of our season probably without our main defender Alderweireld, one of our most important players in Lamela and today a suspended Danny Rose and injured Ben Davies.

Unfortunate yes. Annoying that we lost, of course. But we are a good flipping team. I don't expect us to revert back to the 00's, and honestly anyone doubting Pochettino and wanting him gone, is quite frankly crazy and very much reflective of the modern entitled fan. It's sad.

As for the game, well we did well in the first half. Overall, Dembele and Alli are p1ssing me off, right now I would be very tempted to drop Dembele and let Winks play, maybe alongside Dier when Toby is back. I thought Dembele got his groove back v the goons, but he's been crap since then.

Alli is drifting through games much like he has always done, except he's not producing the moments of magic that make him worth his place.

Anyone here old enough or been supporting Spurs long enough to remember us last winning at the Bridge??? I started supporting Spurs properly as a kid in about 1991 so can't remember that victory!

Unbelievable, we've had quite a few bogey teams over the years but in recent seasons have achieved much better results such as at Old Trafford, Arsenal and Anfield. But we cannot beat Chelsea! Even Bradford managed it a couple of seasons ago!
Prior to the 90s we always expected to get something from our trips to Stamford Bridge. I didn't go that often but one particular game in the early '70s sticks in my memory because that Saturday most of the 60,000 crowd were stood on open terraces exposed to unrelenting torrential rain that lashed us from start to finish. But we were on a great run of results at the time and that 2-0 win lifted us to the very top of Division I, so despite the drenching I was as happy as Larry on the way home, didn't give a fig about the state I was in. Sadly that great run of results came to an end next game and we ended up in third place.

As for the game, well we did well in the first half. Overall, Dembele and Alli are p1ssing me off, right now I would be very tempted to drop Dembele and let Winks play, maybe alongside Dier when Toby is back. I thought Dembele got his groove back v the goons, but he's been crap since then.

Alli is drifting through games much like he has always done, except he's not producing the moments of magic that make him worth his place.
Dembele and Alli may be p1ssing you off but we don't have players anywhere near their level to replace them. Our squad lacks genuine depth.

But I guarantee you our first XI beats the majority of teams in this league

Dembele was poor today but good against the goons. There are a few like him who are blowing hot and cold, but there are some who have been blowing cold for too long. Alli I'm afraid is one, Eriksen another (goal today not withstanding) and Dier. We should give a few fringe players a chance to show what they can do from the start.

Back