• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Preston *

Didn't he score 20 championship goals one season? From that you think confidence, attacking intent....has neither

He scored 16, but that was in 48 starts. That’s equivalent to 10 goals in 30 starts. Which for the Championship is not an impressive return. (Obviously it was more impressive because he was so young, but we know development isn’t linear - and he doesn’t seem to have improved since then).

Helps to have champions league football and endless pots of money, which is likely to be the situation next season.
They will falter IMO
They are already starting to lack goals
Great defences make a big difference but the lack of goals will cost them IMO

They will falter IMO
They are already starting to lack goals
Great defences make a big difference but the lack of goals will cost them IMO
The league is a poor one imho. I think they will just finish in the top 4. But agree they lack goals. They will rectify that next year though.

The league is a poor one imho. I think they will just finish in the top 4. But agree they lack goals. They will rectify that next year though.
I don’t think they will this season
Almiron has been outstanding and they have brought great players
But since the World Cup they have only scored 4 league goals and 3 were in one game
That means they have scored in 2 of 5 league games
They weren’t smashing teams before hand and had some luck too
Also the pressure builds
That doesn’t mean they won’t build on thsi. With bottomless pits of cash it will always happen

Very impressive performance. Patient when we had to be, looked fairly solid throughout and scored three good goals.

Based on the last week, looks to me like Conte is placing priority on shoring up the defence.

Doubted Conte when I saw the line up but fair play. All of them, perhaps Sess excepted, played pretty well.

Sonny obviously gets the plaudits.
I thought we look ponderous especially in the first half. We were better in the 2nd half for sure but I don't think today was a day where we could say that we've turned a corner. That said, great to be in the next round. I really think we have a team that is capable of doing well in this competition especially with a favourable draw.

I thought we look ponderous especially in the first half. We were better in the 2nd half for sure but I don't think today was a day where we could say that we've turned a corner. That said, great to be in the next round. I really think we have a team that is capable of doing well in this competition especially with a favourable draw.
Have to factor in they had 10 men behind the ball all the time
They just didn’t want to lose
And we didn’t play our strongest side either

I honestly didn't think we did look ponderous. For me we controlled the game start to finish with a few little uncomfortable spells. I never really thought we were in any danger in the game. Its very difficult to break down any team who sits that deep particularly early on when they are full of energy.

The game followed a similar pattern to Uniteds today or Woolwich v Oxford in the last round. Given the line up and the tricky nature of the tie especially if we gave that crowd anything to cheer, I was very happy with it.

I honestly didn't think we did look ponderous. For me we controlled the game start to finish with a few little uncomfortable spells. I never really thought we were in any danger in the game. Its very difficult to break down any team who sits that deep particularly early on when they are full of energy.

The game followed a similar pattern to Uniteds today or Woolwich v Oxford in the last round. Given the line up and the tricky nature of the tie especially if we gave that crowd anything to cheer, I was very happy with it.

Fair enough Deano. We're through that's all that counts really and Son scored a brace. Perhaps I'm looking too far ahead worrying about whether we can win the tournament. Better to take one game at a time.

Fair enough Deano. We're through that's all that counts really and Son scored a brace. Perhaps I'm looking too far ahead worrying about whether we can win the tournament. Better to take one game at a time.

Well I think I’m in the minority as the likes of Shearer, Jenas and Lineker agree with you. Like you say, important thing is we are in the next round. And despite my positivity, I think we need a lot of improvement to have a chance of winning it. But I’m seeing some signs we could be coming into a bit of form. I guess next Sunday will test that theory…

fudge yes. I loved that. Danjuma goal and celebration with fans! Yes! That love! I loved that. My soul needed that. This was our Phoenix moment, rising from the ashes. Now we can do anything. fudge yes. We can win the bloody league. And I mean it. I loved the togetherness and belief. Let's carry that love from today, that perfection like a precious candle from game to game, and who knows how big that flame could get?

And yes, I'm on the shrooms again. And it's all good news from here! :D

Last edited:
Back