• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v palace - **

It is not much solace, but at least that is our best back 5. No Bissouma. Our side really hit by injuries. We lack quality, but we have Kane, Son and Perisic so I have faith. COS! Massive game for the club.

Not in terms of number of injuries we're not. We just lack depth

In terms of key players. Kulu. Richarlison. Bentancur. Three crucial players for us. Okay Richarlison wasn't starting every game but he was first off the bench and would have been rotating taking the strain off Kane and Son.

Out of 6 forwards three are out, not a lot of options for Conte in fairness

True but he has the option of pushing Perisic up in a role he thrives in with his international side. Spence can give more of an attacking edge on the right later on. All a matter of flexibility as always with us but if the manager sees it only in 2D then thats what we will get

Apparently the club are desperate to secure a 19 year old Mundle, could have got him on the bench for exposure, I mean Martinelli is 21 played 75 times for Arsenal already, GHod forbid we look to that direction (que the what Conte knows best and all that jazz) ;)

In a way I am glad Kulu isn’t being risked.

The sole focus of the club right now should be on beating Woolwich in 10 days.

Kane needs to be on his best behaviour and not get booked.

Somehow Romero picked up only his first booking of the season the other day, I guess this is because he rarely played before the world cup.

Both Saliba and Saka avoided picking up their 5th yellow card last night.

With a bit of luck the only players missing for us against the goons will be Richy and Lucas.

Will we have any new signings by then? Wishful thinking I guess.

What does Conte envisage happening that we need 6 defnders on the bench?

What about Devine or Donley, or some other young attacking player in place of one of Royal, Spence or Tanganga? Or even 2 of those?
Why waste time giving them the experience if you ain’t going to be around to see the benefit

True but he has the option of pushing Perisic up in a role he thrives in with his international side. Spence can give more of an attacking edge on the right later on. All a matter of flexibility as always with us but if the manager sees it only in 2D then thats what we will get ;)
He could still do that (but won't), doesn't make any difference to the options on the bench. Personally I'd have Perisic instead of Son and Sess starting with Son on the bench.

True but he has the option of pushing Perisic up in a role he thrives in with his international side. Spence can give more of an attacking edge on the right later on. All a matter of flexibility as always with us but if the manager sees it only in 2D then thats what we will get ;)
The fundamental thing is he needs an attacker on the bench to change things up if things aren’t working. Gil should be on the bench, whether that means a change in formation or Perisic further up and Sess LWB. Then if things aren’t going right we have Gil to at least offer another option. Instead if we are struggling and Conte looks to his bench he has naff all options just like against Villa….

Tbh thinking about this more we have Kane walking a tightrope, a woefully out of form Son and a nowhere near good enough Gil up front, a patchy midfield two and a clown in goal.

It is so obvious we are going to labour to a 2-0 loss tonight so I’d rather have rested everyone and done training prep tonight for Woolwich.

Ryan Mason could then coach the u21s in this game with Palace.

Tbh thinking about this more we have Kane walking a tightrope, a woefully out of form Son and a nowhere near good enough Gil up front, a patchy midfield two and a clown in goal.

It is so obvious we are going to labour to a 2-0 loss tonight so I’d rather have rested everyone and done training prep tonight for Woolwich.

Ryan Mason could then coach the u21s in this game with Palace.
No amount of prep will help us, half of our team had a months prep for the first game back and look how that went.

Back