• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v palace - **

What about the final half hour of games, when the opposition are tiring, and you've had a chance to see how they are playing, in order to regain a bit of confidence?

I think that can work in certain circumstances, Son was at his best when coming on recently but it's not a long term solution. I think multiple subs have limited sucess in games and reek of desperation.

I think that can work in certain circumstances, Son was at his best when coming on recently but it's not a long term solution. I think multiple subs have limited success in games and reek of desperation.
Son started 6 PL games without registering a goal or assist. He then came on as a sub against Leicester, and scored a hattrick. Since then he has started 8 PL games without a goal or assist. I'd suggest starting games to play him into form isn't working in this particular instance. I'd also suggest that making him a sub again is at least worth a try.

Son started 6 PL games without registering a goal or assist. He then came on as a sub against Leicester, and scored a hattrick. Since then he has started 8 PL games without a goal or assist. I'd suggest starting games to play him into form isn't working in this particular instance. I'd also suggest that making him a sub again is at least worth a try.

Totally agree in his position but that certainly wouldnt help a defend or midfielder in my opinion. You can only sort your problems out by playing in games that have to be won.

You can’t expect the team to be bothered if no one is bothered to do a proper OMT, you guys are a let down just as much as the players.

Heard an interesting comment on a pod about son and what may be hurting his game

his success is generally counter attacking

because we keep going behind we’re never counter attacking as we are chasing games

it takes the space out of the pitch that son normally attacks

Heard an interesting comment on a pod about son and what may be hurting his game

because we keep going behind we’re never counter attacking as we are chasing games

To build on that

- We seem to have loss our quick transition (not just counter) game, the best version of Spurs breaks quickly. That negates Son and Harry's passing into spaces.

First half against Villa, they just sat in, no threat to us but nothing for us to play into and with Harry sitting high, our best passer was out of the game.

Midfield without Bentancur takes too much time to turn and pass forwards progressively - this gives the opposition that extra second or two to see the danger.
I agree
But Brentford just played long balls over us and villa just sat deep and played 6-3-1

I'm dreading it tonight. We are hoping Kulusevski is fit but I just have a feeling we will see Perisic at RWF with Sessegnon at LWB, In which case it could be a tough watch. Hopefully there's some kind of bounce back from the Villa game otherwise it could be a depressing read in here later on

Surprised that Sarr is winning that at the time i voted - Skipp has done a lot more in our colours and I'd have thought most would want to see him back, not to mention it's a tough away PL game so the more logical choice as well.

Doesn't say much for the fanbase of the pod :D

It's bizarre - a 20 year old who was only a squad player for a relegated Ligue 1 side last season, and has barely played any football this season. Suddenly people want to see him ahead of Skipp?!

It's bizarre - a 20 year old who was only a squad player for a relegated Ligue 1 side last season, and has barely played any football this season. Suddenly people want to see him ahead of Skipp?!

It's about the unknown isn't it. A new signing (In terms of appearances anyway) with unknown potential versus someone they have seen play quite bit and know what they are getting. Who know's though, We might see 3 5 2 with both of them in CM with PEH, If Kulusevski is out and Conte wasn't impressed with Gil.

I can't remember the last time Son received the ball in front of him with space to exploit.
The way we play now, he always receives it with his back to the goal. That's not his strongest part of the game, to put it mildly.
Same can be said of other players too. We don't play in a way that exploits the best of our players. Almost quite the opposite!

If you are talking about Sarr, he played well in that little tournament called the world cup. Not saying he should start ahead of Skipp, but at least he has played competitive football in the last month.

If you are talking about Sarr, he played well in that little tournament called the world cup. Not saying he should start ahead of Skipp, but at least he has played competitive football in the last month.

Didn't he only make 2 sub appearances?!

I would not mind seeing what he can do regardless who it is for.

This clubs been brain washed by Jose and Conte, literally anytime you mention a youngster playing people cry about it and find reasons not to, whilst all the play safe same old same olds continue to sh1t the bed with performances like the last two.

I find it astonishing TBH, whats the actual point of a youth policy or buying in these young talents if we are never going to give them a shot?

I would not mind seeing what he can do regardless who it is for.

This clubs been brain washed by Jose and Conte, literally anytime you mention a youngster playing people cry about it and find reasons not to, whilst all the play safe same old same olds continue to sh1t the bed with performances like the last two.

I find it astonishing TBH, whats the actual point of a youth policy or buying in these young talents if we are never going to give them a shot?
And how to attract ambitious young talent in the first place, if they know they won't get a look in no matter how poor the first teamers play?

Back