• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Olympique de Marseille ***

Very harsh. It’s tough, Richarlison deserves to play but who do you drop? Son is the obvious choice but has so much credit in the bank. You just can’t drop Kane. Sickener for Kulu. Tough for Conte.

A bit disappointed Doherty hasn’t been given a run and we haven’t rotated a bit more with City in mind but I dare say Antonio knows football a bit better than me.

Very harsh. It’s tough, Richarlison deserves to play but who do you drop? Son is the obvious choice but has so much credit in the bank. You just can’t drop Kane. Sickener for Kulu. Tough for Conte.

All you will say is that there is going to be alot of football this season, what seems harsh now might seem the norm 60 games in the season

A bit disappointed Doherty hasn’t been given a run and we haven’t rotated a bit more with City in mind but I dare say Antonio knows football a bit better than me.
Son doesn't have that much credit that he should be still playing after 6 poor performances. Kulu has been head and shoulders above him so far this season.

Would've liked to see Doherty or Spence instead of Royal. Think Royal would be the right choice against City when being solid defensively is more important.

Kulusevski relegated to sub player… that doesn’t seem fair.

But a good squad and a strong lineup for tonight.

None of this makes any sense. Conte is starting the same 11 as he did on Sunday despite claiming he was going to rotate (again). I can understand starting with Kane up top and the central defenders... bit harsh on Davies too but maybe it's all part of Conte's game plan. I don't understand Royal and Perisic both starting this one, there's plenty of options for both (especially RWB as others have mentioned). Midfield, I mostly am fine with the two due to a lack of appropriate options. I don't think Son played too badly last game but either way, he should not be starting ahead of Kulu based on form and like @DubSpur said, I think Son's credit is not as high as it used to be. Richarlison has been great so he also deserves to start. Of course, this should go without saying but the players being rotated out for this match would then be starting against City in 3 days.
I just don't get how Conte can say the squad he has has improved, then goes on to say that our fixture list is looking extremely congested, and then finally he doesn't rotate. Maybe he will say again that he will rotate the team for this weekend, but then realize it's City and that he can't field a weakened squad against them.

Nice to see Sarr, Spence, and Gil on the bench. Hopefully we're 4 up by halftime and Conte gives them a runout. Kulu clearly being saved for the City match. :D
Exactly this. Unless Sonny has an absolutely stormer tonight, I'd expect to see him on the bench against Emirates Marketing Project.

Although Sonny's always loved a goal against Emirates Marketing Project, to be fair.

Disappointed that Kulu has been dropped for Richarlison when he has done more than Son this season.

None of this makes any sense. Conte is starting the same 11 as he did on Sunday despite claiming he was going to rotate (again). I can understand starting with Kane up top and the central defenders... bit harsh on Davies too but maybe it's all part of Conte's game plan. I don't understand Royal and Perisic both starting this one, there's plenty of options for both (especially RWB as others have mentioned). Midfield, I mostly am fine with the two due to a lack of appropriate options. I don't think Son played too badly last game but either way, he should not be starting ahead of Kulu based on form and like @DubSpur said, I think Son's credit is not as high as it used to be. Richarlison has been great so he also deserves to start. Of course, this should go without saying but the players being rotated out for this match would then be starting against City in 3 days.
I just don't get how Conte can say the squad he has has improved, then goes on to say that our fixture list is looking extremely congested, and then finally he doesn't rotate. Maybe he will say again that he will rotate the team for this weekend, but then realize it's City and that he can't field a weakened squad against them.

He said he was going to rotate in the coming weeks and games, not explicitly for this match IIRC

Son doesn't have that much credit that he should be still playing after 6 poor performances. Kulu has been head and shoulders above him so far this season.

Would've liked to see Doherty or Spence instead of Royal. Think Royal would be the right choice against City when being solid defensively is more important.

I'd disagree on Son. He's had 6 or 7 bad games before and played his way into form and started banging them in. I wouldnt ignore that. This is the lad who was top scorer in the league last season.

Dont get me wrong, if Conte dropped him, I'd understand. It's very harsh on Kulu though.

That’s a turn up, common sense prevailing.

what’s the situation on Dier, is he “non homegrown” even though he plays for the English national team? I know he was trained under the Portuguese association but seems counterintuitive for an England international to count as overseas for an English club, if that is the case ofcourse.
The homegrown rules are nothing to do with what country you qualify to play for. They are designed to reward teams and countries for developing their own players. Dier was NOT developed in England, he was developed in Portugal and thus he does not count as homegrown and he should not.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I'd disagree on Son. He's had 6 or 7 bad games before and played his way into form and started banging them in. I wouldnt ignore that. This is the lad who was top scorer in the league last season.

Dont get me wrong, if Conte dropped him, I'd understand. It's very harsh on Kulu though.
Nobody should be playing after 6 or 7 bad games, especially when there's other players that are playing better. Can't be good for Kulu's morale if he keeps getting dropped rather than Son even though he's playing better.

Thought he played alright against fulham. Could've had 2 goals.

He's not been poor. He's played well recently, just hasn't scored. He's done his job and the last couple of games he's just been unlucky, not poor at all!

Back