• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Notts Forest ****

Took my 9 year old, prepped him for what might be a negative experience but he's turned his win rate to 50%, seen his hero score twice, got to experience the highs of 2 positive pen outcomes *first being Salah missing in watched in the Beehive!) and think he enjoyed the whole experience even the train ride. He sang more than some of the adult tourists in our block ( lots of kids though, Almost an early cup round feel)

I happy hedge against Spurs but I upped the ante as I was desperate for him not to witness another defeat, at 3-1 I put a bit more on the draw which had me potentially winning 1.2k and Iwas actually torn about the pen save as it might have given a cheeky cash out win on top!

Had to have a conversation about words that get used in the stadium though that he isnt usually exposed to / should use anywhere else!

The Y word rang around for quite a while so explained the context and the wider debate but fortunately the Campbell ones didn't register. This is totally my responsibility for taking him in the South Stand.

It was a little odd that a match that we should really have had a couple more goals that took us 6 clear in 4th didn't feel satisfactory for a lot of the fans. Conte's recent comments and the cup performances have sacked a lot of us.
We’re winning games like this because the players we have are better then the opposition
Conte isn’t adding anything to these results anymore iMO

At 3-0 the atmosphere was quite good, it gave me goosebumps thinking what it could sound like had we had a man in charge who loved the club and was popular with the majority of the fanbase.
It could, could be unreal
Can see how the Death Star has changed this season

In the game itself, Kane was class, Richarlison Skipp and Romero stood out for me, personally I find Hojbjerg a frustrating watch and Skipp is a much more reliable and consistent presence. Son scoring and Richarlison not was a good example of why goals alone cannot be used to judge one's contribution.
I thought Hojbjerg was excellent (as he has been for most of the season).

I thought Hojbjerg was excellent (as he has been for most of the season).
Fair enough, I've never properly warmed to him and whilst I appreciate his work rate I just find him a lot wilder than I like my cms. There were at least a couple of times he dived in without getting the ball and I find he invades others space. We have plenty bigger problems of course and successive managers seem to be huge fans but I just prefer how Skipp goes about his business and even Sarr from the small sample I've seen of him.

When I pointed out my thoughts on this my boy chimed in with 'and Hojbjerg won't get any better whilst Skipp will' !!!

Not sure about excellent. Thought skipp was the better of the two myself
Thought Pierre was at his normal weekend football level. Kept going at the same pace and retrieved a lot of ball in the right places. Passed well and did all the basics

If everyone else on the team did that we’d win every game.

Not sure about excellent. Thought skipp was the better of the two myself
Thought Pierre was at his normal weekend football level. Kept going at the same pace and retrieved a lot of ball in the right places. Passed well and did all the basics

Skipp and Bentancur are better, have higher ceilings, PEH is a good player for the bench though, adds the depth everyone wants....

I’m not sure if this is the exact shot used for the offside call (it looks like it tbh), but look how far the ball is from Skipp’s foot.

View attachment 15280

It's not. Dale Johnson's VAR roundup will be out this afternoon, that will have high resolution pictures but they will show that the lines were put in place at the moment the ball left Skipp's foot and that the lines for both players are taken from the top of the arm, which is the right point, and that Richarlison was offside. It is outside the margin of error, so it is not close.

Forest were really disappointing yesterday, I think they must be a lot better home as he's doing a better than expected job there. Maybe I'm discrediting our performance as it felt like they were in awe of us at a time when we were vulnerable to an assertive early press.

I don't understand the point of view at all. He's two points clear of the relegation zone (about where any promoted side would normally sit), when they have bought extensively and with decent players coming in. He has Navas in goal ffs! add in the stupidity of bringing on/risking a striker coming off injury at 3-0 down, away against a top side only to see him limp off 10 minutes later.

If buying 20+ players and outspending everyone in the bottom half of table to scrape survival is a good manager worthy of a top level job, I'm confused.

My opinion, purely his side doing PR, no way we even thought about him at the bottom of barrel

I don't understand the point of view at all. He's two points clear of the relegation zone (about where any promoted side would normally sit), when they have bought extensively and with decent players coming in. He has Navas in goal ffs! add in the stupidity of bringing on/risking a striker coming off injury at 3-0 down, away against a top side only to see him limp off 10 minutes later.

If buying 20+ players and outspending everyone in the bottom half of table to scrape survival is a good manager worthy of a top level job, I'm confused.

My opinion, purely his side doing PR, no way we even thought about him at the bottom of barrel
There’s no way we’d be considering him I agree. However I think you are being overly harsh.

when he took over Forest about 18 months of so ago they were staring at relegation to the third tier. He completely turned them around, but they had a load of loan signings and players out of contract in the summer, that’s why they’ve had to do so much business. It’s not easy integrating and building a completely new squad (Conte’s struggled with just 5 in to an established squad for example), especially with the competitiveness of the premier league.

I think he’s done an excellent job there all things considered, but doesn’t mean I’d want him as our manager.

Fair enough, I've never properly warmed to him and whilst I appreciate his work rate I just find him a lot wilder than I like my cms. There were at least a couple of times he dived in without getting the ball and I find he invades others space. We have plenty bigger problems of course and successive managers seem to be huge fans but I just prefer how Skipp goes about his business and even Sarr from the small sample I've seen of him.

When I pointed out my thoughts on this my boy chimed in with 'and Hojbjerg won't get any better whilst Skipp will' !!!
PEH is a better attacking midfielder, can place a pass, score a goal, and press from the front. I don't like him as one of the two, as the other player has to cover for him as well as doing their job.
Can't wait to see Bentancur and Skipp play together.

Personally I thought buying a load of players made the job more difficult (same for Potter too) and getting them up in the first place was an achievement as its been a long time out of the top league for the club. Looking at who they've got in it's definitely a case of quantity over quality too!

They've had a bad run of recent form but sit above 6 other prem regulars,2 points off 12th.

To be clear, I don't want him here and agree it's likely a PR ploy, but think he's a decent coach. There's probably a few that I respect that wouldn't be suitable for us tbh.

PEH is a better attacking midfielder, can place a pass, score a goal, and press from the front. I don't like him as one of the two, as the other player has to cover for him as well as doing their job.
Can't wait to see Bentancur and Skipp play together.
Yeah I'd said the same on here before he got injured, I think Bentancur will fare even better with a predictable partner (and he has already been a different class since he came here)

It's not. Dale Johnson's VAR roundup will be out this afternoon, that will have high resolution pictures but they will show that the lines were put in place at the moment the ball left Skipp's foot and that the lines for both players are taken from the top of the arm, which is the right point, and that Richarlison was offside. It is outside the margin of error, so it is not close.

Will be interesting as there are some reports saying that VAR may have got that one wrong. Is there a margin for error they use with the tech to cover potential close calls that may have been called wrong? Its gone now so no dwelling just interested

Will be interesting as there are some reports saying that VAR may have got that one wrong. Is there a margin for error they use with the tech to cover potential close calls that may have been called wrong? Its gone now so no dwelling just interested

Yes. If the lines are touching, it is within the margin of error and they are shown as a single line. The lines were made thicker after the first season of VAR to increase the margin or error in favour of the attacking team

Fr-Gl6h-a-QAcwf-OG.jpg

So they’ve drawn the line down from the outside point of Richarlson’s elbow and the defenders armpit? Is that standard operating procedure when drawing the lines? What reasons do they give for drawing lines from different points of the bodies?

Back