• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Notts Forest ****

Jeez, that is not impressive at all.
Struggling to get forwards, their keeper hardly making a save all match.
No clear chances, eventually gifted a penalty to win the game.
I know we are in the top4 but Jeez that didn't look like the Champions playing tonight.
OK we limited their chances but still, until the pen I was starting to worry.
After spending over £1bn we should have a better team than that, it's only Palace FFS.
Playing John Stones at right back is a square peg in a round hole, he was rubbish and out of his depth going forwards.
Oh sorry, did you think I was talking about Spurs?
All clubs have issues. Liverpool have issues. City have issues. All clubs have issues.

Yes but I struggle to feel sorry for teams that win silverware regularly or sometime in the last 15yrs!! Some team troubles are hardly a weekly ball ache :)

Why have they drawn the line down from outside Richi yet from inside the defender? If they were consistent, he would have been onside. Cheated!
The issue is as well the same refs who are awful are part of the cabin nonce bridgade too and guess what, yes they are terrible in the cabin too

All they need to do is widen the line - eg, the with of a ball for instance - to allow for the camera frame rate / timing of ball release and give a “grace” margin of super-tight decisions like these.

No advantage is gained by the attacker being one inch ahead, if that.

I have advocated a metre wide line from the start. It would end all arguments and give the attackers the advantage (which was always the objective).

I have advocated a metre wide line from the start. It would end all arguments and give the attackers the advantage (which was always the objective).

I'd go with something like cricket. On field ref and lino have to make a decision. Can't rely on VAR.
Each side can challenge once each half. If right they keep the challenge, if not they lose it. Challenge has to be signalled within 10 or 15 seconds.

The margin of error is the width of a ball for referee's call.

I'd go with something like cricket. On field ref and lino have to make a decision. Can't rely on VAR.
Each side can challenge once each half. If right they keep the challenge, if not they lose it. Challenge has to be signalled within 10 or 15 seconds.

The margin of error is the width of a ball for referee's call.

Far too complicated. Keep the same system as now, just make the last defenders foot ( and in my view it should only be foot to foot) a metre wide. If the attacker then breaches that he is clearly and unequivocally offside. Simple.

It also allows for a margin of error for which is the correct frame to freeze the action - which currently is also a cause for debate.

Far too complicated. Keep the same system as now, just make the last defenders foot ( and in my view it should only be foot to foot) a metre wide. If the attacker then breaches that he is clearly and unequivocally offside. Simple.

It also allows for a margin of error for which is the correct frame to freeze the action - which currently is also a cause for debate.
You still get the issue of mm decisions when seeing if the player breaches that metre though. You’re just moving the same problem a metre away.

unless I’ve misunderstood what you are saying?

You still get the issue of mm decisions when seeing if the player breaches that metre though. You’re just moving the same problem a metre away.

unless I’ve misunderstood what you are saying?

I think if your getting to mm's at that distance, they are probably off.

At the moment, a mm could be on or off.
A meter does seem a bit large, but concept could work.

I think if your getting to mm's at that distance, they are probably off.

At the moment, a mm could be on or off.
A meter does seem a bit large, but concept could work.

Yeh a meter seems too much, any wiggle room more than we have would help, measuring the line for defenders the same as the attacker would help too

For me VAR should be clear and definitive and used for beyond doubt decisions where the referral is not another ref using his interpretation to overturn an on the field decision. For example, I don't wanna see penalties given by VAR when the ball hits a players hand with his back turned or he is in the air and it hits his elbow which is being used for leverage to jump with the ball coming over from a blindspot (Dier v Saudi Sportswashing Machine example but been countless more)

Ideally for me Offside and Goalline and a re reading of the riot act that the onfield refs decision is final and a campaign to push respect which is again also needed down the leagues where refs who do not have the tech are getting a harder time than ever because the expectations VAR breed through the game.

As far as I’m concerned Richi scored his first PL goal yesterday - and what a fantastic strike it was….

I know, in their eyes, they came to the correct decision, but in the ground the time it took to over-rule the decision was pathetic.

For a brief second I forgot about VAR and was thoroughly enjoying celebrating the goal. Then reality hit, and sadly remembering we had VAR again, I could not fully enjoy the Kane goal thinking was he on or off...yeah thanks a lot VAR.
At least I got to enjoy the penalty

Took my 9 year old, prepped him for what might be a negative experience but he's turned his win rate to 50%, seen his hero score twice, got to experience the highs of 2 positive pen outcomes *first being Salah missing in watched in the Beehive!) and think he enjoyed the whole experience even the train ride. He sang more than some of the adult tourists in our block ( lots of kids though, Almost an early cup round feel)

I happy hedge against Spurs but I upped the ante as I was desperate for him not to witness another defeat, at 3-1 I put a bit more on the draw which had me potentially winning 1.2k and Iwas actually torn about the pen save as it might have given a cheeky cash out win on top!

Had to have a conversation about words that get used in the stadium though that he isnt usually exposed to / should use anywhere else!

The Y word rang around for quite a while so explained the context and the wider debate but fortunately the Campbell ones didn't register. This is totally my responsibility for taking him in the South Stand.

It was a little odd that a match that we should really have had a couple more goals that took us 6 clear in 4th didn't feel satisfactory for a lot of the fans. Conte's recent comments and the cup performances have sucked a lot of optimism out of the crowd.

Last edited:
In the game itself, Kane was class, Richarlison Skipp and Romero stood out for me, personally I find Hojbjerg a frustrating watch and Skipp is a much more reliable and consistent presence. Son scoring and Richarlison not was a good example of why goals alone cannot be used to judge one's contribution.

lol he got steve cooper a yellow card with that... and how the hell are we linked to cooper as conte's replacement ?!
Forest were really disappointing yesterday, I think they must be a lot better home as he's doing a better than expected job there. Maybe I'm discrediting our performance as it felt like they were in awe of us at a time when we were vulnerable to an assertive early press.

I know, in their eyes, they came to the correct decision, but in the ground the time it took to over-rule the decision was pathetic.

For a brief second I forgot about VAR and was thoroughly enjoying celebrating the goal. Then reality hit, and sadly remembering we had VAR again, I could not fully enjoy the Kane goal thinking was he on or off...yeah thanks a lot VAR.
At least I got to enjoy the penalty
The penalty should actually have been retaken. Looked like one of our players was inside the box. Haven't seen it properly, so could be both set of players were encroaching.

Back