• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur v Newport County A.F.C *** FA Cup 4th round

The thing with Sissoko is that he should not be in our team that wants to win trophies.Mind you Q? Over that LOL!
We need 11 good players out there who know what they are doing and although Sissoko plays well according to some
He still really has no end product...that maybe harsh on him..but it's more harsh on the rest of the team when we really need to be a cohesive controlled unit!
To be fair to him he has pace but generally the opposition can handle that part of his game.
I,m sorry to criticise Sissoko but
I want my football team to have the best chance of winning games,perhaps even win a trophy LOL..

Anyway he's bound to play again... Cost 30 million!

After some of the other dogbrick performances out there and you choose to criticize Sissoko?

When is the return leg scheduled?

I'm guessing it will be in midweek between the games against Pool and The Anal.

We should use the same side in those two games and against Newport we can go with Vorm, Trippier, Foyth, Davies, KWP, Dier, Winks, Sissoko, Moura, Lamela, Llorente

Obviously dependent on Moura signing and if not use Dele or Son.

The biggest month in Poch’s career to date is now coming up imo. He’s got to get us playing against Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Juve. We look stale.
The squad desperately needs fresh faces - we are way too predictable.

Forget moura, Malcolm, or sessengon we need some one in the middle of the park to put fear into our lot.
We sadly lack a leader, some one who will call out players not trying, and there was a good few of them out there tonight.
Llorente, dembele, wanyama and dier were awful and didn' seem that bothered about it.

The biggest month in Poch’s career to date is now coming up imo. He’s got to get us playing against Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal and Juve. We look stale.
The squad desperately needs fresh faces - we are way too predictable.

I think that we only look stale in dogbrick conditions. We were on a great run of form over Christmas and New Year.

I think that we only look stale in dogbrick conditions. We were on a great run of form over Christmas and New Year.

This .. our game is based on quick, one touch passing, often turning the opposition ..

It's also clear that most of our players struggle when the pitch/conditions don't allow that game, which is fine, since that's about 3 games a season.

I suspect we will destroy them on Wembley pitch ...

This .. our game is based on quick, one touch passing, often turning the opposition ..

It's also clear that most of our players struggle when the pitch/conditions don't allow that game, which is fine, since that's about 3 games a season.

I suspect we will destroy them on Wembley pitch ...

We've really missed Eriksen in the last two games too. We certainly didn't look stale against Everton.

I blame the pitch. It was awful and stopped us from playing our beautiful football.

I think teams should be banned from playing football unless they have top premier league condition pitches with decent floodlights that don’t hurt our players eyes too. You can’t expect our players whose training pitch is 10 times better than most lower league teams first pitch, to play on them, especially with the windy and horrible conditions in Wales.

I also think these smaller club fans should only be allowed to sing for a maximum of 10 minutes of the game as that was clearly affecting us in the first half too and you could tell from the TV that they were being sarcastic with chants like “who are you?” and booing our best players, which makes no sense at all.

I fully expect our boys to be at their best when they are in the comforts of Wembley and have our home fans clapping them on.

I’d say we’ve looked stale on and off all season. Not only in games we have drawn or lost (for example, West Brom, West Ham) but also in some we’ve won (for example, Palace and Swansea).

We’ve also continued to look mentally fragile during some big moments - for example the League Cup loss to West Ham, the game against City and last night.

Hence the reason the upcoming run is so important. It will tell us a lot about what this team has learned, and where Poch is as a tactician when pitted against the very best.

I think Poch needs to hold his hands up. Much like against SCBC, I looked at the midfield and assumed we would struggle.

It looks like the selection was forced upon him, to a point, but even then he needed to make sure it worked.

The affect of Eriksen being out has been amplified by the fact neither Lamela and Winks have been available either, bar a breif cameo in the Saints game from Lamela (which coincided with two or three good goal scoring opportunities)

Not sure yesterdays conditions would have served Eriksen well tbf

When I saw the team this was what I expected, we lacked our fluid interchange of attacking players. I thought we would be playing long balls into the box, but the wind created problems for us. Full marks to Newport who made it very difficult for us, on an other day we could have been out of the cup. This weekend's games was like the old cup ties with lower league sides giving it a go, really good.

Back