• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur v Newport County A.F.C *** FA Cup 4th round

First half was a car crash, terrible team shape going forwards and backwards.

Sorted in the 2nd half and created more, comfortable defensively in the main (in the 2nd half I mean). Glad we are still in the hat. We will smash this lot in a replay.

Oh, and credit to Newport for the first half, they pounced when we were a bit of a mess. I don't think they have a chance on the Wembley pitch, but their players have earned their day at Wembley.

Loads of us called it before kick off. 6 big lumps in midfield/attack and no guile, no metronome, no skill.

Poch has a LOT to answer for, we were not motivated, we were playing the wrong formation with the wrong team... other than that, spot on Poch!

Loads of us called it before kick off. 6 big lumps in midfield/attack and no guile, no metronome, no skill.

Poch has a LOT to answer for, we were not motivated, we were playing the wrong formation with the wrong team... other than that, spot on Poch!

Indeed, when we play an unbalanced team we struggle, that is simple

Lamela and Winks being injured didn't help things. What's the alternative - throw in TOB?

The team that started today's game, but with Lamela in for Dier and more of a 442/4231 shape will win it easily at Wembley imo.

So now he is overrated, fine but last season when he scored 23 goals or this season when he was outstanding against Madrid I assume you were of the same mind

Always said it. He’s good at making runs and being in the right place. That itself is a skill.

He’s technically not great in terms of control, passing and especially finishing. For him to be linked with the likes of Barca and Madrid is laughable.

Always said it. He’s good at making runs and being in the right place. That itself is a skill.

He’s technically not great in terms of control, passing and especially finishing. For him to be linked with the likes of Barca and Madrid is laughable.

If you think his control (and I assume you are referring to ball control and not self control) is not great I would suggest you go to Spec Savers

With regards to his finishing, suffice to say I anticipate by the end of this season he would have averaged at least 15 goals in each of his 3 seasons at Spurs and that is good enough for me considering he is still just 21.

To be honest I will admit his passing may not be his strongest part of his game but he has still managed 23 assists in the league since he joined us

Dies and Dele were key components in us finishing 3rd and 2nd over the last two seasons, and now this season because we are 5th in the league and struggled today they are now overrated? When we rinsed Madrid at Wembley why did you not come out and say they were overrated then.

Shock horror, a bad result and some Spurs fans turn on one of the best 21 year olds in the league.

The thing with Sissoko is that he should not be in our team that wants to win trophies.Mind you Q? Over that LOL!
We need 11 good players out there who know what they are doing and although Sissoko plays well according to some
He still really has no end product...that maybe harsh on him..but it's more harsh on the rest of the team when we really need to be a cohesive controlled unit!
To be fair to him he has pace but generally the opposition can handle that part of his game.
I,m sorry to criticise Sissoko but
I want my football team to have the best chance of winning games,perhaps even win a trophy LOL..

Anyway he's bound to play again... Cost 30 million!

I have to say though, despite us being bricker than I've probably ever seen us (especially in the first half) - hats off to Newport. They fought excellently, and very nearly deserved to win, in my opinion. It just goes again to show that talent, flair and skill in football is nothing without fight and desire. Needless to say, obviously, everyone saw it, but just wanted to say that. One of the reasons why the FA cup still is an exciting and relevant competition in my book, it gets you to compete on a lot of levels. You can't just turn up at Bus Stop United and expect to win without putting in the effort.

Back