• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United ***

Gabby Abgonlahor: "I don’t think Spurs finish above ninth, That’s not even me being controversial. “The top eight, how I think it will finish is – Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Chelsea, Aston Villa and Brighton. Spurs aren’t finishing above those teams"

Paul Merson: "They're 100 % a bottom-half team if Kane leaves. Who is going to get the goals? They finished eighth last season."

Back to being underdogs, just the way we like it

Two great footballing brains discuss their thoughts.

Gabby Abgonlahor: "I don’t think Spurs finish above ninth, That’s not even me being controversial. “The top eight, how I think it will finish is – Emirates Marketing Project, Arsenal, Liverpool, Man United, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Chelsea, Aston Villa and Brighton. Spurs aren’t finishing above those teams"

Paul Merson: "They're 100 % a bottom-half team if Kane leaves. Who is going to get the goals? They finished eighth last season."

Back to being underdogs, just the way we like it

How anyone can be so sure of anything in this league other than city finishing top is beyond me.

Arsenal being tipped as champions is IMHO nuts. In a season where everything went right for them they still couldn't win. Not that I think that's anything to be ashamed about, city are a special team.

Man u are a mess, week to week you don't know what you're getting.

Liverpool are in the middle of a rebuild and have hit the buffers, who would like to bet klopp will still be there this time next year?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine, play exciting football but they have a lot of draws and profited from the disruption of the WC, the bounce of new owners and no pressure. Let's see how they go this season.

Chelsea, well ffs, who knows how that will pan out.

Villa, almost every season a club spends a bundle from nowhere and are tipped to threaten the top four, Everton anyone?

Brighton, every season a club over performs and great things are expected the following season, I'm biased but I can actually only remember one club consistently out performing expectations over a three or four season period. Strangely it seldom gets a mention and when it does it's spun in a negative narrative.

The great thing about the PL, it's biggest selling point is it's unpredictable, chances are city will win it, anything after that is up for grabs.

At least one of the big six will crash and burn, one of the upstarts will end up closer to relegation than Europe and there will a surprise team that does better than anyone thought.
Nobody knows who though.

How anyone can be so sure of anything in this league other than city finishing top is beyond me.

Arsenal being tipped as champions is IMHO nuts. In a season where everything went right for them they still couldn't win. Not that I think that's anything to be ashamed about, city are a special team.

Man u are a mess, week to week you don't know what you're getting.

Liverpool are in the middle of a rebuild and have hit the buffers, who would like to bet klopp will still be there this time next year?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine, play exciting football but they have a lot of draws and profited from the disruption of the WC, the bounce of new owners and no pressure. Let's see how they go this season.

Chelsea, well ffs, who knows how that will pan out.

Villa, almost every season a club spends a bundle from nowhere and are tipped to threaten the top four, Everton anyone?

Brighton, every season a club over performs and great things are expected the following season, I'm biased but I can actually only remember one club consistently out performing expectations over a three or four season period. Strangely it seldom gets a mention and when it does it's spun in a negative narrative.

The great thing about the PL, it's biggest selling point is it's unpredictable, chances are city will win it, anything after that is up for grabs.

At least one of the big six will crash and burn, one of the upstarts will end up closer to relegation than Europe and there will a surprise team that does better than anyone thought.
Nobody knows who though.

We don't like unpredictability in our team, just want 4-0 wins every week and at least 8 out of 10 performances from players, it's not too much to ask is it.

Chelsea for me but know what you mean.
However, can't hate them as much as they stopped Arsenal winning a load more under Wenger.
Echo that. There was a period of time in later 90s/early 00s when I would begin each season cheering whoever was playing United but end it by vehemently supporting them just to stop the goons winning anything. Now I have a subconscious soft spot for them that I can't shake off :(

Still want to smash them tomorrow though

We don't like unpredictability in our team, just want 4-0 wins every week and at least 8 out of 10 performances from players, it's not too much to ask is it.

Imagine a football fan wanting their team to win and players to play well..... It's fudging outrageous isn't it? The gall.

Good job some people are here on the forum exclusively to remind us that "we" want is ludicrous and that apparently every member of our fanbase lacks any semblance of rational thought. Moaning about a bunch of strawman moans derived from the lowest common denominator is truly GHod's work, where would we be without it, it's always helpful to kill off optimism and lean in to animosity, even if the majority of Spurs fans are actually behind what we're doing and looking to keep up a positive vibe. Let's label us all as idiots because of a loud minority, that's not unfair or wildly tedious at all.

If you're not interested in the game itself and clearly despise fans I have no idea what you're getting from this but power to you..

As for Saturday, it's going to be a super interesting match up, up until VAR gets involved if the ref actually gives anything against Utd. Rashford on the left does seem a worry, need Royal to be on his best in terms of one on one defending and for Son to start looking threatening out on his side. It's early days but if neither him nor Kulu kick in to gear then it'll be a bit of a worry.

As for Saturday, it's going to be a super interesting match up, up until VAR gets involved if the ref actually gives anything against Utd. Rashford on the left does seem a worry, need Royal to be on his best in terms of one on one defending and for Son to start looking threatening out on his side. It's early days but if neither him nor Kulu kick in to gear then it'll be a bit of a worry.
This is what I was thinking, Rashford c Emerson could be a key battle. Could we consider Sarr instead of Skipp to give potentially more recovery pace (I know Ange seems to be a let them worry about us type but we should be able to use the squad based on attributed imo)
Feels like Richie and Son both need a goal to lift them, although I don't think Son has the physical presence to be a full time 9 for us I wouldn't be against switching them for small spells to mix it up if things aren't going well. Kulu is a mystery, he can make the game look so simple, not sure if it's confidence with him or he's lost the surprise element from his initial arrival.

Do we know what the situation / protocol is with Romero? It could end up with an opportunity for Sanchez and he would possibly be a better fit for helping nullify Rashford getting in behind.

This is what I was thinking, Rashford c Emerson could be a key battle. Could we consider Sarr instead of Skipp to give potentially more recovery pace (I know Ange seems to be a let them worry about us type but we should be able to use the squad based on attributed imo)
Feels like Richie and Son both need a goal to lift them, although I don't think Son has the physical presence to be a full time 9 for us I wouldn't be against switching them for small spells to mix it up if things aren't going well. Kulu is a mystery, he can make the game look so simple, not sure if it's confidence with him or he's lost the surprise element from his initial arrival.

Do we know what the situation / protocol is with Romero? It could end up with an opportunity for Sanchez and he would possibly be a better fit for helping nullify Rashford getting in behind.
After his incredible first (half-)season, it's easy to forget that Kulu is still a young player. I suspect his confidence was hit more than most by last season's attacking instructions (or lack of) and, hopefully, he's still recovering from that. So much play has to be by instinct and learned reflexes -- that takes time to learn, and time to unlearn.

We all know Kulu can be one hell of a player. Hopefully he'll hit form again sooner rather than later. And that Ange is prepared to take off a player who's clearly having a bad game.

Imagine a football fan wanting their team to win and players to play well..... It's fudging outrageous isn't it? The gall.

Good job some people are here on the forum exclusively to remind us that "we" want is ludicrous and that apparently every member of our fanbase lacks any semblance of rational thought. Moaning about a bunch of strawman moans derived from the lowest common denominator is truly GHod's work, where would we be without it, it's always helpful to kill off optimism and lean in to animosity, even if the majority of Spurs fans are actually behind what we're doing and looking to keep up a positive vibe. Let's label us all as idiots because of a loud minority, that's not unfair or wildly tedious at all.

If you're not interested in the game itself and clearly despise fans I have no idea what you're getting from this but power to you..

I liked football when I could go and have a chat and laugh or commiserate with the people around me, now it's virtually continual moaning and failure to realise our opponents might actual play well and have some good players, I want us to win and play well but I'm not entitled to it, I can accept we aren't "a big club" and don't win a trophy every season, it would be lovely but I never played or watched the game just to win, its leisure activity for me to be enjoyed win, lose or draw. This will be my last season going to games as my arthritis makes it a painful experience and I've never felt the same pleasure I had going since the old stadium closed.

I liked football when I could go and have a chat and laugh or commiserate with the people around me, now it's virtually continual moaning and failure to realise our opponents might actual play well and have some good players, I want us to win and play well but I'm not entitled to it, I can accept we aren't "a big club" and don't win a trophy every season, it would be lovely but I never played or watched the game just to win, its leisure activity for me to be enjoyed win, lose or draw. This will be my last season going to games as my arthritis makes it a painful experience and I've never felt the same pleasure I had going since the old stadium closed.
I miss the people I sat with at old WHL,even the ones I didn't like!

What I'm finding is there is a large turnover around me, so STs reselling which dilutes those relationships. I appreciate the flexibility the gifting / resale gives, especially with the inconsistency with fixture timings but I do think the club need to do something, maybe loyalty points added for actually attending as I think peopleare cherry picking games as the demand is still there for resale.

Sorry to hear about the physical side, hope we at least give you some positive experiences on the pitch this season.

I've made one. All it needs is a tune. Sure you guys can come up with something. :p

Tottenham's pride, our number ten,
You light up the pitch time and again.
With each assist, you set us alight,
Oh James Maddison, our source of delight.

I think we will have that match enjoyment back again with Ange at the helm
The last 4 seasons have been attrocious to watch, thankfully that era is long gone now

Back