• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United ***

Why? Because that's how it's always been? Lots of rules have changed in football, and most of them have been an improvement to the game, for example the pass back to 'keeper rule. No reason not to try to evolve the game.

Was it how it's always been? Or were the rules brought in because it made sense and worked better than what was before?

No it isn't.

Say you have a football pitch aligned with the compass. The opposing goal is north. If the ball goes out north it is the ball going out northward. If it is east or west it it isn't going towards the goal end.

how many times in a game is a ball deflected from its intended path ?

Don't really know what you thought with that post. Makes no sense.
The goal line is the reference point and marks the end of the pitch, and defines two of the four lines that make up the pitch in a rectangular shape. The lines in the grass are just a visual effect of the direction of the mower. They're not in any way ment to be used for anything, as they can also be whatever shape, form or direction.

jesus h Christ.

Ok, stupid gotcha questions aside. Kicking a ball in rather than throwing it in would change the whole game. Tactics, skills, players needed.

Imagine every team having a rory delap but could punt it in the box from the halfway line.

It will never be agreed to.

So enjoy your little thought exercises. But i'm out.

Ok, stupid gotcha questions aside. Kicking a ball in rather than throwing it in would change the whole game. Tactics, skills, players needed.

Imagine every team having a rory delap but could punt it in the box from the halfway line.

It will never be agreed to.

So enjoy your little thought exercises. But i'm out.

fair enough, 99% of this forum is thought exercises

Why both hands, throw one handed or underarm? I suppose the rules were thought up so there would be some continuity in the process and fairness as everyone would have to play to the rule, these rules were set in a time when people tended to adhere to them rather than now when people just do what they like and f*** the rest.
Don't be stupid, you could hurl it 70 yards
If you mean one handed, I never said that stupid.

Back