• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool **

If Sunderland can run them close why can't we?!

Is Poyet that much better than Tim?

I'll say it again we need to be up for this from the off denying them time and space but not panicking. We can do this. I Believe.

If Sunderland can run them close why can't we?!

Is Poyet that much better than Tim?

I'll say it again we need to be up for this from the off denying them time and space but not panicking. We can do this. I Believe.
yeah but thats like saying "if Wigan can beat Emirates Marketing Project then why couldnt we".....even top teams have off days when things dont click. Yeah if Liverpool have a poor afternoon when nothing comes off for them and we are on top of our game then we can give them a good game

Top teams are more likely to have off-days against lesser opposition, but even half hearted performances can be enough to get a result if the ****ty teams aren't at their very best.

if we survive their usual blitzkrieg and are still 0-0 after 20 mins we have a chance. Sunderland of course were set up quite deep and pool struggled to fashion decent chances before Gerrard's free kick. I think it will all rely on whether Timbo has come up with a plan and some serious rethinking has been done regarding our defensive positional play.

for me the obvious worries:

-Liverpool are excellent at long/short free kicks (Gerrard & Suarez) we tend to always give unneccesary fouls in dangerous areas, main culprits being Rose & Walker.
-Liverpools front two means our 2 cbs need protection, they have everything, pace,power,technique, strength. If we persist with another high defensive line we will get mullered
-watch how Liverpool press us early on...frustratingly our midfielders wont drop deep for passes when we play out from the back...either we make a mistake or lloris just punts it back to them!
-Gerrard,Allen,Coutinho and recently Henderson have all been getting lots of assists, yet in particular Gerrards deep playmaking has been excellent recently.

So to have a chance Tim will have to set us up to:

-Ensure our defensive line isnt ridiculously high with no pressure on opposition players. make sure SAS dont have big spaces to run into.
-Try to get a player harrassing Gerrard so he cant keep reigning down missiles...long accurate passing from the back. Stop the Quarterback!! his efectiveness.
-Instruct the team to work as a team and show for passes especially when we have it in our defensive areas...make no mistake they will press us like buggery
-Liverpool's weakness is in the cb positions and when their full backs get forward they can be left exposed - so we should be set up counter attack in mind.
-If we are going to press wait till Skrtels on the ball...Agger is comfortable Skrtel isnt.

Yeah I dont think Pool are impregnable I think Mignolet and their defence are certainly there to be got at...Liverpools main strength is their attacking cohesion, excellent Captain in Gerrard and having the best player in the league in Suarez. If we were good enough defensively we would have a chance but we have to admit to our limitations, which have been clear this season...vs the top teams we are defensively weak.
In order to suceed we would need to be as good as Chelsea defensively or as fluent as pool in an attacking sense like Emirates Marketing Project! unfortunately we come up painfully short on both fronts!

Nope ive just really depressed myself...I think our chances are less than zero...not loads of hope that Tim can set us up in a way to be more than the sum of our parts! he's had a week to plan so it will be mega interesting our line up and how we set up once the whistle goes...Im terrified that Pool are going to find it that much easier to score goals on Sunday than they did on Wednesday!

So to have a chance Tim will have to set us up to:

-Ensure our defensive line isnt ridiculously high with no pressure on opposition players. make sure SAS dont have big spaces to run into.
-Try to get a player harrassing Gerrard so he cant keep reigning down missiles...long accurate passing from the back. Stop the Quarterback!! his efectiveness.

-Instruct the team to work as a team and show for passes especially when we have it in our defensive areas...make no mistake they will press us like buggery
-Liverpool's weakness is in the cb positions and when their full backs get forward they can be left exposed - so we should be set up counter attack in mind.
-If we are going to press wait till Skrtels on the ball...Agger is comfortable Skrtel isnt.

Two most important points IMO. We should just stick one player on Gerard and tell him that his job for the entire game is to get Gerard facing towards his own goal every single time he receives the ball. We can't go pressing Gerard as a team because that leaves space in behind and we can't press from midfield only because that leaves space in front of back for for Coutinho or whoever they have floating in and about there.

Credit to Rodgers, he's made Liverpool very difficult to defeat by tactics.

Two most important points IMO. We should just stick one player on Gerard and tell him that his job for the entire game is to get Gerard facing towards his own goal every single time he receives the ball. We can't go pressing Gerard as a team because that leaves space in behind and we can't press from midfield only because that leaves space in front of back for for Coutinho or whoever they have floating in and about there.

Credit to Rodgers, he's made Liverpool very difficult to defeat by tactics.

This, stop Gerrard playing the ball out and Liverpool become a far less effective team.

Im very much in the lets give Tim ago camp, I dont love him or hate I believe he's done a half decent job so far. However if he starts this game with the same high line as we did with Southampton we will be 4-5 nil down in the first 20mins, he only needs to look at the Liverpool v Arsenal game the other month to see it wont work.

A draw would be a very decent result when you consider confidence and form Liverpool are playing with.

**** them. The game is about glory not stopping the others playing. Lets beat them on their own patch.

Trying to stop Gerard playing is not contradictory to 'the game being about glory'. Just because you put a system in place to stop the opposition when they have the ball doesn't mean you can't play attractive attacking football when you have the ball.

Trying to stop Gerard playing is not contradictory to 'the game being about glory'. Just because you put a system in place to stop the opposition when they have the ball doesn't mean you can't play attractive attacking football when you have the ball.

I never said it did.

@SpursOfficial: Training snapshot: @Aaron7Lennon on the ball in Friday's session. #COYS
Bj0FNAtCIAMeUpY.jpg

Training snapshot: @ChrisEriksen8 fires in a shot in Friday's training session. #COYS
Bj0FW9lCEAA7Hjr.jpg

Training snapshot: @sandroraniere all smiles with @mousadembele in Friday's session. #COYS
Bj0FhlpCIAARLpQ.jpg

@SpursOfficial: Training snapshot: @Aaron7Lennon on the ball in Friday's session. #COYS
Bj0FNAtCIAMeUpY.jpg

Training snapshot: @ChrisEriksen8 fires in a shot in Friday's training session. #COYS
Bj0FW9lCEAA7Hjr.jpg

Training snapshot: @sandroraniere all smiles with @mousadembele in Friday's session. #COYS
Bj0FhlpCIAARLpQ.jpg

I remember someone pointing out a while ago people pointing out you could guess who would start at the weekend because they didnt have a bib on. Looking at them photos, Lennon, Rose and Erickson will be starting against Liverpool. Mousa, Sandro and Dawson on the bench?

Twitter / BenPearceSpurs: #thfc Walker's out for Sunday's game too. Team news in full here... [url]http://bit.ly/1o7zRhf [/URL]

Spurs team news: Sherwood hopes Adebayor will be fit to face Liverpool - Tottenham Hotspur - Tottenham Journal
Tim Sherwood hopes Emmanuel Adebayor will be fit to face Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday as the forward battles to overcome a heel injury.

The Spurs striker has missed the last two games and the head coach said: “We’ve got a doubt over Adebayor still, he’s got a problem with his heel. He’s got a gash on his heel. We’re hoping he’ll be fit to be in the squad.

“He’s confident that he’ll be ok. He knows his body better than we do so let’s hope he’s right with that prediction.”

“With the long-term ones, [Vlad] Chiriches will play for the Under-21s this evening, he’s on his way back.

“[Erik] Lamela and [Etienne] Capoue are still a way off. Kyle Walker won’t be fit. He’s not a long way off, he’s making progress but I’m not sure, we can’t put a time on it yet. We’re just playing it by ear and seeing when he feels a bit better.”

Has anyone else noticed how OMT opening posts seem to have reflected the character of our managers this season?

In the first half we had lots of OMTs that must have taken lots of preparation, had lots of detail, looked good on paper but were hard to enjoy. In the second half of the season a far more up and at 'em approach has been adopted which has been light on detail but full of character.

Has anyone else noticed how OMT opening posts seem to have reflected the character of our managers this season?

In the first half we had lots of OMTs that must have taken lots of preparation, had lots of detail, looked good on paper but were hard to enjoy. In the second half of the season a far more up and at 'em approach has been adopted which has been light on detail but full of character.

I think its probably more to do with the fact that a lot of Spurs dont really give a sh1t about this season any more and the ineptitude of both AVB and YTS Tim have left us unemotional regarding results. Roll on the summer and a new manager

Walker out, damn. Naughton's actually done alright lately apart from the Southampton gaffes but I still feel less than enthusiastic when he's playing.

Back