• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur V Liverpool **

Ok Liverpool are on a hot streak at the moment but are we doing our lads a bit of disservice? It's a tough game no doubt, and they could absolutely demolish us if we let the dictate the tempo.

They are not unbeatable, our players need to man the feck up and show some professional pride. And most importantly show some bottle- if we play with fear then we might as well not turn up.

I'm going our on a limb and say 3-2 spurs Suarez Sturidge Eriksen Soldado and Chadli for us.

Pool 3 Spurs 2
Good fight back in the 2nd half but I think as usual our defence in the opening 30 minutes will be about as tight as a *****s beaver in Amsterdam at 2am the day afer payday.

Ok Liverpool are on a hot streak at the moment but are we doing our lads a bit of disservice? It's a tough game no doubt, and they could absolutely demolish us if we let the dictate the tempo.

They are not unbeatable, our players need to man the feck up and show some professional pride. And most importantly show some bottle- if we play with fear then we might as well not turn up.

I'm going our on a limb and say 3-2 spurs Suarez Sturidge Eriksen Soldado and Chadli for us.

I agree !!!!

It's not outside the realms of possibilty that we will score a goal or two, however we will concede and I don't imagine less than them.

I bet 10 quids on us conceding a goal within the first 15 minutes.

Am I right in thinking we still haven't scored in the first 15 minutes of a game this season? Wonder what kind of odds you could have got on that.

Just watched the Liverpool v Sunderland game. Sunderland could easily have taken a point. I hope the lads were watching this tonight - it'll show them that with a bit of passion we could get at least a point at Anfield.

Hopefully we can put an end to this on Sunday [-o<

@OptaJoe: 7 - Liverpool have won their last seven Premier League games. Only Emirates Marketing Project (8 ) have been on a longer run this season. Momentum.

Am I right in thinking we still haven't scored in the first 15 minutes of a game this season? Wonder what kind of odds you could have got on that.

Yup :oops:

http://www.soccerstats.com/timing.asp?league=england

Last edited:
What are the odds on us scoring our FIRST GOAL OF THE SEASON in the first 15 minutes of a league game?

13/2 - those are the odds for a Spurs goal in the first fifteen minutes with WillHill.

I think Liverpool's price is wrong. I think that they'll be favourites but would expect 8/11 rather than 4/9. Maybe that's just me though. Equally, based on those odds, shouldn't we be longer than 5/1?

I predict a hearty fight followed by swift capitulation, where we are left mulling over what should have been

Liverpool since Jan 1st - 12 PL games - 10 wins, 2 draws .......40 goals scored, 16 conceded :eek:

jeez, their 40 goals scored in the last 12 PL games is equal to how many we have scored all season :lol:

Yeah, ******** to pessimism, 3-2 Spurs!

I'm with you. Don't know why. The triumph of optimism over rationality, I suppose. But....

1. Their winning streak has to come to an end sometime

2. Even Sunderland's non existent attack showed they had frailties at the back

3. Maybe regression to mean will start to kick in - Solly to start scoring, us to score in first fifteen minutes, Rose to cross to one of our players, us to get some of the damnable luck we have go against us recently (eg defensive howlers, non penalties awarded, men sent off erroneously, a scorching shot out of the blue...... Or even a goal from a corner!!!!etc)

Who knows.... Could happen.................:mickey::mickey::mickey: the Pirate wills it.

Back