• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Hull City Tigers *** Capital One Cup

TBF I suspect only AVB really thought Lamela would score. Everyone else saw a train crash happening. Lamela needs to adjust he will come good. Taking pens are about confidence and that miss showed where his confidence is atm. I think it was a poor decision by AVB. As for the rest of the team where the fook is the movement giving the person with the ball space to pass into? We looked so static. No wonder the midfielders are holding on to the ball too long, it's not just that they do not have the confidence to make a killer ball there is no one making runs for those balls to go into. This CAN be coached look at how the arsenal system works which ever player comes in. That must be something they work on over and over again on the training pitch.

I dunno. I saw on occasions tonight where Lamela pointed and ran, only for Paulinho to wait, wait, wait...and then pass sideways. Central midfield dictates everything imo.

Main questions I have:

Where was/is Ade??
Where was/is Lennon??

Well Lennon's just back from injury and has played a couple of games on the bounce, so I understand him being rested. Adebayor, on the other hand, is curious. Has he picked up another injury? Hull at home in the League Cup... if he was fit but didn't even make the bench, then I'd put money on him never appearing for Spurs again.

Tonight I thought there was a 20 minute period during the second half where Hull found some forward momentum and we looked under the cosh. Other than that - though bearing in mind I was on a very blurry river - I thought we again looked the better side overall but still appeared utterly clueless when it comes to opening up defences (story of the season so far!) It's so obviously the missing piece of the puzzle that I have to think AVB is well aware of it and is working on a solution.

Would have been nice to have cruised to an easy 3-0 win, but there's something to be said for dispelling the 'penalty shoot out' hoodoo.

(just looking for positives)

Lamela's performance was encouraging tonight and i don't think the crowd are anywhere close to being on his back - penalty miss or otherwise

If we'd lost that shootout with Lamela being the only one missing, I certainly think they'd fling some abuse his way. It was a weird game, admittedly, but lose that one after playing the way we did for most of the match and AVB's 'bad atmosphere' comments would come right back to bite him in the ****.

I wouldn't have thought that it could feel that great to win a bloody penalty shoot-out. But it does.

I dunno. I saw on occasions tonight where Lamela pointed and ran, only for Paulinho to wait, wait,
wait...and then pass sideways. Central midfield dictates everything imo.

Agree. Thought Paulinho was poor tbh. And in this respect he is poor. He has his strengths but I just imagine Modric back with Sandro again. Harry was right! Modders, Bale and VdV fantasy stuff

Feel a bit for El-Mohammedy there, twice in 5 days he's been shafted at WHL.

Thank **** for that, we need to start learning lessons and quick because that was possibly the worst performance of the season so far (from 2nd half onwards). Happy that Lamela isn't going to become a spacegoat and also happy that we can hopefully get revenge on West Ham.

Ity was fate he woukd miss

Bar one obvious exception that is probably the best set of penalties we have taken since 1984
Shame we didnt take them like that v United in 2009

FFS the forgotten final. O Hara and we win. Very annoying I had the feeling Redknapp could not give a fecj about this gsme

FFS the forgotten final. O Hara and we win. Very annoying I had the feeling Redknapp could not give a fecj about this gsme

Eh???? What gave you that impression??Of course he cared! Silverware from one game? Why wouldn't he??

(However, if you're talking about his general attitude vs SAF in the OTHER games then sure he didn't seem to always care imo...)

How long can we carry on playing like this before we get a REAL drubbing? With many key players having played 120mins, that could very well be Everton via Lukaku!!

Hull could say that tonight, they could ask what would have happened had they scored the chance in extra time that they missed right before we equalised; the chance that they missed the target with a volley. Failure to take their chances, whilst we score a solitary goal, has cost a few opponents this season and I'm sure they've been cursing their luck.

I think the game v Everton will be very interesting. I couldn't say that we will definitely lose but I think it's going to be tough and we will have to play at a higher level than we have this season in order to get a win there.

Back