• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Hull City Tigers *** Capital One Cup

Spurs Stat Man ‏@SpursStatMan 1m
Winning penalty shoot outs, scoring late goals and being awarded penalties. AVB has broken Spurs.

in with a shot for some silverware........cant knock that home draw...hopefully players wanting revenge and crowd up for it will see us in the semi's

coys!!

Friedel can retire happy: he's finally gotten that penalty monkey off his back. Lamela should probably put next month's wages in ol' Brad's pension fund, though: if we'd lost that shootout, I shudder to think about the kinds of abuse he'd get. As it stands, his missed penalty was irrelevant in the end, and that allows me to focus purely on his in-game performance, which was decent, if nothing earth-shattering.

Realy gald we finally broke the penalty jinx...................but thats about it. Another shockingly awful peformance. Papers over yet more cracks. Unfortunetly I have a horrible feeling those cracks are going to be rogered senseless on sunday !

Spurs Stat Man ‏@SpursStatMan 1m
Winning penalty shoot outs, scoring late goals and being awarded penalties. AVB has broken Spurs.
Yeah there are some positives, those and the fact that we are through... again, nail biting... again, satisfying but not great.. again, just getting that 50,1% that would give us the win again, the oldest man in the stadium keeping 2 out for us again... lamela stinking again... but we got what we came for... again

Meanwhile Ronaldo has scored a hat trick for Real Madrid. Couldn't let Bale's brace get the limelight

Friedel can retire happy: he's finally gotten that penalty monkey off his back. Lamela should probably put next month's wages in ol' Brad's pension fund, though: if we'd lost that shootout, I shudder to think about the kinds of abuse he'd get. As it stands, his missed penalty was irrelevant in the end, and that allows me to focus purely on his in-game performance, which was decent, if nothing earth-shattering.

I just hope we don't do summat daft like lpool and sell in a year taking a massive hit financially....

for the money we have shelled out he is worth persevering with.....in a sliding doors kind of moment big bad brad may have a massive influence on his spurs career.....could have been earth shattering for him if we had lost because of it. well done brad........good luck at the bingo!

I didn't think Kane had a chance of making it as a lone striker or furthest forward striker. He looks a different proposition played off of the main striker. He's not the quickest, but it doesn't matter so much there.

Wonder what Chadli's injury was.

Lamela's performance was encouraging tonight and i don't think the crowd are anywhere close to being on his back - penalty miss or otherwise

TBF I suspect only AVB really thought Lamela would score. Everyone else saw a train crash happening. Lamela needs to adjust he will come good. Taking pens are about confidence and that miss showed where his confidence is atm. I think it was a poor decision by AVB. As for the rest of the team where the fook is the movement giving the person with the ball space to pass into? We looked so static. No wonder the midfielders are holding on to the ball too long, it's not just that they do not have the confidence to make a killer ball there is no one making runs for those balls to go into. This CAN be coached look at how the arsenal system works which ever player comes in. That must be something they work on over and over again on the training pitch.

Back