• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City, Sunday 27th October***

Yeah fair enough. I don't think anyone is expecting us to turn up and simply turn over Hull and win by four. But our pitch looks so congested it could be a five a side pitch. Other teams seem to spread it round in space, where as WHL looks like its the back of a postage stamp. Why is everything always so congested?

Is Anfield three times the size of WHL? Its just a tangible lack of improvement that is beginning to irk some I think.

We have smallest playing surface in league apart from Fulham

Guys, this is the patient game we have played successfully in the past against against the teams that park their bus. It's the only way through them. Under Arry we kept knocking (and it was better viewing) but they never let us in. Just relax.

They are hardly parking the bus.

Or how about we dont care what they did against others and only care about what we do against them? Perhaps thats just so so much better. Who cares what other teams do - history does not dictate what happens in future. Just because we lost against **** does not mean we will lose against them next game etc etc etc

or how about you drop your ridiculously stupid high hopes. Why SHOULD we be beating teams like Hull at home comfortably, I don't get it?

People often say here that AVB and his brand of football will bring league and cup success, but there's just as much chance of us two years from now having won nothing with me watching this snore fest football. Far too often I have no idea what the hell is going on and I often wonder if the players know either.

We have smallest playing surface in league apart from Fulham

Its not a third of the size, which is how it has looked every home game since the start of last season.

Put it this way, if Hull score first I think they'll win. I bet at the end of the season we'll have the least points after coming behind out of all the supposed top clubs.

Unless things suddenly click and we gel that is.

or how about you drop your ridiculously stupid high hopes. Why SHOULD we be beating teams like Hull at home comfortably, I don't get it?

I don't think hoping to create chances at home to Hull or West Ham is stupidly high hopes. I also don't think expecting this group of players to play with something resembling a philosophy is too much to ask for either.

Its not a third of the size, which is how it has looked every home game since the start of last season.

Put it this way, if Hull score first I think they'll win. I bet at the end of the season we'll have the least points after coming behind out of all the supposed top clubs.

Unless things suddenly click and we gel that is.

I agree was not making an excuse for it, we are awful to watch under AVB same as last year bar Bale

High hopes? No offence but you may well set the standard and bar low, and thats fine I dont know you personally and couldnt care less, but me? I set them high and aim high. I am pretty sure the players also think the same. So perhaps its you.

People often say here that AVB and his brand of football will bring league and cup success, but there's just as much chance of us two years from now having won nothing with me watching this snore fest football. Far too often I have no idea what the hell is going on and I often wonder if the players know either.

I think it's just you, the players look pretty well drilled

I don't think hoping to create chances at home to Hull or West Ham is stupidly high hopes. I also don't think expecting this group of players to play with something resembling a philosophy is too much to ask for either.

Mumorns argument bears no resemblence to the points most of us are making. Besides its not one game that this is an issue - its a recurring theme and one that doesnt appear to be even close to a resolution

i enjoyed that. I dont think id have enjoyed that if we had dominated possession like we usually do, thats boring.

That half from Sandro is the worst individual performance by a spurs player that I have seen in a long long time.

1. Hope Hull get worn out.
2. Get Eriksen on, Paulinho off and Holtby or Eriksen in the the DM position with Sandro.
3. I would go with 4-4-2 but AVB doesn't fancy Ade it seems. And I don't fancy Soldado Defoe.

And I hate to think what Soldado makes of it all.. he is a great player, with great touch and a goalscorers instinct and he gets zero ball in the box, either to feet or in space.

Hull have looked much more likely. Again.

Another half at football at home with no goals. Im afraid that ignoring the names on the back of the players shirts we're not a very good team.

We should be a really decent side packed the power and attacking, but its just a pedestrian snore fest. I don't know if you could possibly set up a team to contain less goal threat. Its hard to imagine that another team could create as little as us. Last season we gave it Bale and hoped for the best. This year were giving it to the slightly inferior Townsend and hoping for the same.

Incredible poor 1st half

Really dire stuff - no movement, no pace

So many players below-par

I know, we have a lot of new signings, but I expect so much more against a team like Hull

Back