• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT * Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham *

Doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t aim for the highest point. No one thought Arsenal would be at the top now and performing as they are. So it’s time that we aimed for the highest level. If we are just going to accept finishing 4th to 6th we may as well pack it all up as we will never be successful again.

I'm trying to be realistic, with the current ownership we will not be able to compete with the super rich for a long period. Teams might break the chain for a season but not be able to retain that level of sucess. As for pack it all up ask yourself why over million people turn up every week to watch their team even though the majority will never win anything. An outdated idea but the love of the game, having a laugh and meeting up with some mates, it's not all about winning. I've won plenty of trophies and medals but they count for nothing compared to the enjoyment and friends I made taking part in competitions. It's a game not life.

The highest rating where? He didn't do anything other than make basic saves. If he didn't make any of them he'd be getting slaughtered.
I was just pointing out that the statement "he had barely anything to do" was not correct. I wasn't evaluating the quality of the shots he faced. But he did make 3 difficult saves, if you want to look at that. So he did have a bit to do.

Not the best performance but gritty and solid, our world class (joint) record goalscorer being the difference in the game.
Good to get back to winning ways after the Etihad collapse. Clean sheet too.

Hopefully the start of a good run going into Feb and CL. Let's hope we can get a couple of signings too. COYS

Not the best performance but gritty and solid, our world class (joint) record goalscorer being the difference in the game.
Good to get back to winning ways after the Etihad collapse. Clean sheet too.

Hopefully the start of a good run going into Feb and CL. Let's hope we can get a couple of signings too. COYS

We really needed that win, but getting a win with a clan sheet was a real bonus I think. Chance to start rebuilding some confidence.

Couple of signings, little bit of a run, things could look rather different 3-4 weeks from now compared to a week ago. I really think there are good things to continue to build on here.

The last person to touch the ball, before Kane does it all by himself, doesn't really count as an assist.

You are correct in terms of the 'spirit' of an assist, but statistically you are wrong..unless you want to remove all the old Kane-Son partnership goals and assist stats and re-count from scratch:D

We really needed that win, but getting a win with a clan sheet was a real bonus I think. Chance to start rebuilding some confidence.

Couple of signings, little bit of a run, things could look rather different 3-4 weeks from now compared to a week ago. I really think there are good things to continue to build on here.

Good things to build on yes. But would the football be better with or without Conte? That is the key question.

The thing is we are 5th in the league because Pool and Chelsea have laid an egg this season.

We're in the CL by the skin of our teeth in what was an "easy" group.

In the FA Cup we have played one game: against Portsmouth.

With the backing we gave Conte we should be on 2pts/game form and playing some modicum of attractive football. We have more quality options than we did last year (because we backed Conte), but are performing worse. I don't think Arsenal has anything to do with any of this. The Levy Out chants would have been coming, even if Arsenal was fighting to not get relegated.
You are in the position in the table because you are doing better than the teams below you, and worse than the teams above you, regardless of which team are above/below you. Thare are always those ifs and buts, but in the end of the day, you are where you are because you deserve to.

The thing is we are 5th in the league because Pool and Chelsea have laid an egg this season.

With the backing we gave Conte we should be on 2pts/game form and playing some modicum of attractive football. We have more quality options than we did last year (because we backed Conte), but are performing worse. I don't think Arsenal has anything to do with any of this. The Levy Out chants would have been coming, even if Arsenal was fighting to not get relegated.

That argument really doesn't stand up in sport because it assumed you can purchase points.

Liverpool and Chelsea are performing below expectations - we're 5th.
Alternatively, Arsenal and Man U are performing above expected expectations - we're 5th.

That's just how sport works. 5th is about right for us.
Chelsea have spent more than double than we have, yet find themselves struggling.

Re: CL and FA Cup. That's Conte's way.

You go to say Conte has better options, because we've backed him. Then go on to say the Levy chants are inevitable.
Part of Levy's job is to back the manager - he's done so.
In your own words Levy has supplied Conte with better options, yet we are "performing worse" (that's subjective. I'd agree with you. Conte would probably say we are performing the same).

However you cut it, I don't see the justification for Levy being the target. Other than a lazy position that doesn't stand up to basic scrutiny.

You are in the position in the table because you are doing better than the teams below you, and worse than the teams above you, regardless of which team are above/below you. Thare are always those ifs and buts, but in the end of the day, you are where you are because you deserve to.
Yes but there is still merit in what he is saying.

By that logic we're only in fifth spot in the league because Arsenal and Saudi Sportswashing Machine have unlaid an egg this season. These things often change from season to season.

I do agree though that our performances and results haven't been good enough. But that would be true independent of how others have done.

By that logic we're only in fifth spot in the league because Arsenal and Saudi Sportswashing Machine have unlaid an egg this season. These things often change from season to season.

I do agree though that our performances and results haven't been good enough. But that would be true independent of how others have done.
I always look at our points haul and not where we are in the table. That's a truer measure of how well we're doing.

Back