• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton (Goodison Park, Sun 3rd Nov @ 13:30) ***

Does anyone realise this is an Everton that are unbeaten at home (including beating Chelsea) and has only lost 1 game so far this season, we're not talking about an Everton from 3 or 4 seasons ago that would've rolled over and let us win.

Oh well, a shame that we couldn't capitalise on our domination in the first half but a decent point from a tricky away fixture and 1 more point than we took from Goodison last season. Hopefully Martinez doesn't steal the 3pts from AVB in the reverse fixture like he did last season though.

@OptaJoe: 14 - There have been a total of 14 goals in Tottenham's 10 Premier League games this season. Sparse.

@OptaJoe: 19 - Tottenham have more points (20) than Emirates Marketing Project (19) this season, despite scoring 19 goals fewer than the Citizens. Contrast.

@SpursStatMan: Spurs have created 131 chances in the Premier League this season but have scored just 9 goals.

@EPLindex: Possession%: 52-48 |
Passes: 411-378 |
Accuracy%: 78-78 |
Final 3rd: 132-149 |
Accuracy%: 64-71 |
Shots: 8(1)-16(6)

Last edited:
No I don't think Everton are a small team but they are beatable - when are we going to move away from this attitude that we cannot beat a good team away from home and we should be happy with a draw. That's why we have only won a league cup and champs league once in recent years. We need to move on and be ambitious isn't that why we brought in AVB and spent £100million in the Summer?

hate this line, I could turn it round and say we sold 115m of talent in the summer, it's amazing we're doing so well. You can't just ignore the sales and focus on the purchases, it's the sort of thing opposing fans will say to wind you up or get a rise out of you because your not doing as well as you should be. To see spurs fans using this "logic" absolutely baffles me.

Was very surprised at the time when Sandro came off. Should've been Paulinho who had already played 120 minutes on Wednesday and the weekend before.

Eriksen and Sigurdsson should have come on 10 minutes earlier than they did.

Starting to lose faith with Soldado.

Think there will be some changes after the international break.

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart 7m
For the Spurs fans complaining about the Sandro substation - he was injured and asked to come off. Poor quality game, fair result.

I get that a point there is a good result in the grand scheme of things, but with the ease that we dominated the first half I'm a little disappointed that we dropped off so much in the second and didn't get the win.
I'm willing to give this squad time to gel and really motor in the 2nd half of the season, so far we are doing very well staying in the race for the top. Hopefully we'll learn to mature, grab the initiative and hold on to it when it comes to us. It takes time, and Everton are a tough proposition whom Martinez are also making tough to beat.

Someone here said something about Arsenal using their playmakers out wide to fashion chances, as opposed to us expecting our pure wingers to do the same. It's a good point. Lennon and Townsend are both wingers, essentially: crosses, shots and darting runs are what they're best at. To utilise them, we need a big bloke up front like Benteke who is able to convert headed chances with ease. We don't have that. We have the small, mobile Soldado, the even smaller (but substantially less mobile) Defoe, and a frozen-out Ade (why he doesn't at least start from the bench is utterly beyond me). So obviously our wingers appear like they've got no end product: we don't play to their strengths at all.

Lamela is a playmaker. Lamela is at his best starting on the right and cutting inside (as witnessed by his positional heat map for Roma last season). The sooner the boy adapts and gets his feet under the table, the better: we can switch Townsend to the left, have him cut inside onto his (pretty reliable) right foot, and station Lamela on the other flank to provide the intellect necessary to match our pace and endless horizontal passing.

Totally baffled by AVB taking off our best player. Put us on the back foot immediately.

This was the sub i couldn't understand at all. Sandro was doing brilliantly in there. As soon as Dembele came on we seemed to lose all control of the match and it ended up with Everton having a ten minute spell with 80% possession and even after that Dembele got caught a few times holding on to the ball for far too long leading to us being under pressure on the break.

It was a shame that we couldn't make our first half dominance count but a point at Everton is a decent result.

Still frustrated by our attacking in the final third, still no service to Soldado and we are going to need to sort that out if we are going to finish in the top four. We seem to be reliant on shots from between 20-25 yards out. Even when we do get the ball in decent positions behind the defence our ball into the box always seems to hit the first man.

Soldado and Eriksen are not for this set up they are more tika taka. They would do really well in a Redknapp side. Unless we start playing risky football then i could see them both gone within 2 seasons.

Very strange first sub by AVB. Taking off Sandro, who was expertly shackling Lukaku and providing the impetus for our thrusts forward with his energetic recoveries, and replacing him with Dembele, who failed to deal with Everton's thrusts forward anywhere near as adequately and thus left us under the cosh for a good half an hour. The Sig for Lennon one I got, and Eriksen for Holtby I could just about get, but the impact of both those subs was negated by us surrendering the momentum to Everton with the first one.

Still, a point in difficult circumstances is nothing to sniff about. Considering the way our neighbors dismantled Liverpool, though....I know I won't be alone in thinking that we could have done just a little bit better today. Sigh. Onwards and upwards, I suppose.

Everton could have gone 2nd today and are no easy 3 points. We barely beat Hull at home in the last 2 games at home so its not like we are playing at our best. I am quite pleased with the performance and result tbh.

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

That clean sheet makes it 7 in our first 10 league games - the first time we've achieved that feat.

Chelsea lost at Goodison. I think that's a more apt comparison than what they do the same weekend.

Who cares? Aston Villa beat Arsenal at the emirates so what? Spasm wrote a great post recently on another thread about how he would like to see spurs win something big in his life time. I am about the same age and have supported Spurs for over 33 years I want to see us win something. So does Levy I believe that's why we spend £100 million and bring in an excellent manager.

This was the sub i couldn't understand at all. Sandro was doing brilliantly in there. As soon as Dembele came on we seemed to lose all control of the match and it ended up with Everton having a ten minute spell with 80% possession and even after that Dembele got caught a few times holding on to the ball for far too long leading to us being under pressure on the break.

It was a shame that we couldn't make our first half dominance count but a point at Everton is a decent result.

Still frustrated by our attacking in the final third, still no service to Soldado and we are going to need to sort that out if we are going to finish in the top four. We seem to be reliant on shots from between 20-25 yards out. Even when we do get the ball in decent positions behind the defence our ball into the box always seems to hit the first man.

absolutely. If you want to bring on Dembele why not take off Paulinho who was contributing nothing?

Tottenham Hotspur @SpursOfficial

That clean sheet makes it 7 in our first 10 league games - the first time we've achieved that feat.

Honestly don't mean to be disrespectful but who cares? At the end of season if we finish outside the top 4 again who will celebrate that?

Everton could have gone 2nd today and are no easy 3 points. We barely beat Hull at home in the last 2 games at home so its not like we are playing at our best. I am quite pleased with the performance and result tbh.

Apparently, we're much better away than we are at home. And the frustrating thing is, for the first thirty five-odd minutes we looked every inch the perfect away side: fast, purposeful, relentless, utterly unflappable. Then came half-time, and after that, AVB taking off Sandro, which completely changed the game and handed the initiative to Everton on a plate.

Strange sub, and considering that we could have gone 2nd as well, it's hard not to feel at least a little bit put out, especially when considering our fantastic display for the first thirty-five minutes.

Chelsea lost at Goodison. I think that's a more apt comparison than what they do the same weekend.

Ding ding ding!

One thing I think I can trust with glory-glory is that if our league rivals win then someone will come on here saying that we must win, no excuses or similar because we have to keep up. If our league rivals drop points then someone will come on here saying that we must win, no excuses or similar because it's a chance to capitalize. I'm yet to see someone come on here and say that it's ok if we drop points in a game they otherwise thought we should win either because our league rivals won or because they dropped points.

Sense, this point makes none.

I disagree it is an OK result rather than a "good" result. If we have aspirations of top 4 or winning trophies we have to grind out results like this especially on a weekend where both Chelsea and Liverpool lose.

Everton lost once at home all of last season and they're undefeated at home so far this season. The only team to beat them at Goodison last season were Chelsea, who went on to lose there this season.

So which teams can be said to have aspirations of top 4 or winning trophies based on your definition of what it takes?

Would a draw have been acceptable to you if Chelsea and Liverpool had won this weekend?

So angry we didn't collect all 3 points, Townsend needs to learn when to pass and when to shoot, holtby offered nothing all game can't understand why eriksen wasnt on a lot sooner, soldado disappointing again can't keep going on

Back