• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton (Goodison Park, Sun 3rd Nov @ 13:30) ***

Everton could have gone second today, and we yet we picked up that missing point from last season.

We've had a good day today.

The result was fine. It's just a shame we couldn't capitalise on our first half domination. That is what frustrates me.

really pleasing first half....unlike vs Villa we dominated possession in their half... the stoppage that is half time was always going to disrupt us.

I was really pleased with the peformace overall and a point is not to be sniffed at.

Some observations from me regarding the game:
. Lloris is Awesome best keeper we have ever had
. Our defence is getting better and Vlad looks an excellent purchase.
. Sandro is not a beast he is a monster
. Lennon never looks effective on the left, looks well off it minus the cross where soldado could have done better
. Paulinho is meant to be the fulcrum of our team and needs to do better(though he has looked knackered recently)
. Holby had an excellent first half imo but does look as if it would be better to use him as a cm
. Townsend is gonna frustrate like Dembele because he must know when to release the ball
. Soldado was making runs but its a bit concerning...he doesn't look like a happy bunny.

In conclusion I think we have done well to get a point today on another day we could have won......we really should have turned our first half dominance into a couple of goals but we will improve as an attacking unit over time....I am not to concerned but am desperate to see more apps from Eriksen and Lamela...
I think in general this should be a happy forum and I don't understand some people's frustration.......That first 45 mins was an excellent performance imo where we just lacked cutting edge.

I think all our prayers will come over time.....another great wknd for the goons is the major downer.....but lets all try and keep some perspective......we are right in the mix.

really pleasing first half....unlike vs Villa we dominated possession in their half... the stoppage that is half time was always going to disrupt us.

I was really pleased with the peformace overall and a point is not to be sniffed at.

Some observations from me regarding the game:
. Lloris is Awesome best keeper we have ever had. Our defence is getting better and Vlad looks an excellent purchase.
. Sandro is not a beast he is a monster
. Lennon never looks effective on the left, looks well off it minus the cross where soldado could have done better
. Paulinho is meant to be the fulcrum of our team and needs to do better(though he has looked knackered recently)
. Holby had an excellent first half imo but does look as if it would be better to use him as a cm
. Townsend is gonna frustrate like Dembele because he must know when to release the ball
. Soldado was making runs but its a bit concerning...he doesn't look like a happy bunny.

In conclusion I think we have done well to get a point today on another day we could have won......we really should have turned our first half dominance into a couple of goals but we will improve as an attacking unit over time....I am not to concerned but am desperate to see more apps from Eriksen and Lamela...
I think in general this should be a happy forum and I don't understand some people's frustration.......That first 45 mins was an excellent performance imo where we just lacked cutting edge.

I think all our prayers will come over time.....another great wknd for the goons is the major downer.....but lets all try and keep some perspective......we are right in the mix.

Good post, and agree with all of it bar one line.

I'm assuming you're not as old as me, but he is a bit off being compared to Pat Jennings. But he is certainly on his way up the rankings.

Good post, and agree with all of it bar one line.

I'm assuming you're not as old as me, but he is a bit off being compared to Pat Jennings. But he is certainly on his way up the rankings.

Im 32 so probably don't appreciate Jennings as much as I should lol.

I really do feel Lloris is a* quality though....if I was a defender I would feel so reassured that he was behind me.........really pleased with how the team is defending and I feel we will be ok in the attacking department.....I feel sad to say this as he has always been one of my fave players.....lennon looks like we have outgrown him....hopefully I am proved wrong but in an excellent first half he was the only one who's contribution was minimum imo.

perhaps lennon just needs time and im being silly.....would have preffered townsend left and lamella right but perhaps lamella wasn't fresh enough after hull.

Travelling back from the game.

Managed to get on an earlier Virgin train back and upgraded to 1st class. Nice

View wasn't too bad, the gradient of the stand did make viewing some areas had to see and had one post blocking an area in the middle of the park.

I thought our away support was fantastic today, sang from the first kick to the last. I was very surprised how quiet the Everton fans were.

And most importantly the other half really enjoyed it. She did ask why it was so much better than the games at the Lane...

Travelling back from the game.

Managed to get on an earlier Virgin train back and upgraded to 1st class. Nice

View wasn't too bad, the gradient of the stand did make viewing some areas had to see and had one post blocking an area in the middle of the park.

I thought our away support was fantastic today, sang from the first kick to the last. I was very surprised how quiet the Everton fans were.

And most importantly the other half really enjoyed it. She did ask why it was so much better than the games at the Lane...

Spot on. Just missing a goal to snatch the win to make it a top day out.

Hope your other half starts to get the bug. The best £20 I ever spent was buying the wife a ticket for a friendly at the lane v Real Sociedad, after that she was hooked and wanted to know when the next home game was.

Just watched the game as I was out today and avoided the score. Hate to say but its same old, same old and totally 100% expected. A good away point on paper yes definetly, but in reality it was yet another frustrating, sleep inducing, clueless peformance. Another game goes by and have we learned a single thing more then the game before that.............or the game before that............or the game before that etc !

Feel sorry for Soldado - he has a look of "oh GHod, what have I done coming here" on his face.

Last edited:
A goal would have been great, having spent last night in Chester, having a nice meal and a few civilised drinks after before getting the train to Liverpool it's not been a bad weekend all in all.

A goal would have been great, having spent last night in Chester, having a nice meal and a few civilised drinks after before getting the train to Liverpool it's not been a bad weekend all in all.

Nice City, with some excellent hotels and scenery (if you like that sort of thing), not too many places like that up here, you chose well

Makes it a good trip when you have a good night before too. We enjoy driving down to Enfield Lock the night before a match, have a meal,few drinks, trip to the cinema to make a weekend of it

Should have had Lennon on the right in first half. Acres of space behind Baines and Distin, just screaming for someone to make runs in behind them, but Walker just clings to the line and Andros is always cutting in early looking for opportunities to shoot..

I'm not satisfied with a draw today. We were the better team and they had something of an off day - winning games like that is what makes you top 3 as opposed to struggling for 4th. Not criticising AVB or the players, just think we should have won.

Like everyone else I am baffled by our lack of guile, inter-passing, through balls, runs in the channels, 1-2's etc. in the final 3rd. Soldado's goal last week was a rare, rare example of what I think should be happening but for some reason isn't. I'd say AVB is frustrated that we can't make this click yet.

Agreed. it's not even a lack of guile we are too ponderous on the ball not wanting to play a killer ball so we lose the ball trying to walk it into the net instead. Love him or hate him at least Huddlestone moved the ball quickly. And what is going on with Eriksen on the bench? How is he supposed to adapt if he's not being played same with Lamela.

André Villas-Boas issued a staunch defence of Tottenham Hotspur's goals record this season as his side missed the chance to go second in the Premier League at Everton.

Both Everton and Spurs were unable to close the gap on the leaders, Arsenal, after producing a lacklustre goalless draw at Goodison Park, albeit one with nine minutes of added time after Hugo Lloris suffered a head injury in an accidental collision with Romelu Lukaku. The visiting goalkeeper was able to continue having refused to leave the field and it was the Everton striker who ultimately departed with a thigh problem.

The draw means Spurs have scored only nine league goals this season – three of them penalties. Only Hull have scored fewer among the top 10 teams in the Premier League. Villas-Boas, however, bristled at the post-match questions over his team's lack of penetration and pointed to a return of 30 goals from 17 matches in all competitions – including 15 in the Europa League and six in the Capital One Cup – as evidence of a functioning cutting edge.

"I don't think it is dramatic," said Villas-Boas. "We are on 30 goals in 17 games and it is the second highest ever at the club at this stage so I don't worry about that. Hull are sitting 10th and we are fourth. The chances are coming and sometimes they go your way and the opponent is not there to stop it. The team is creating more chances and more shots. I can carry on about all the good statistics and others can carry on about all the negative statistics and the debate will go nowhere.

"At the moment it is results that have put us in fourth and in one of the spots for the Champions League. You can have more goals, less goals. We all want excitement but right now the team is doing extremely well."

But the Spurs manager conceded his team should have been more clinical during a dominant first-half display. He added: "I am not disappointed with that result. In the end it was a good result and the only time Everton had a good go at us was in the last 25 to 30 minutes. We had a very good game and could have been a bit more clinical.

"I am still happy with the team, but because of what Everton did in the final stages it was a fair result. We couldn't be more happy with the players. They pressed well and had great motivation. There was a lot at stake for both teams with the chance to go second and I think we did extremely well."

Lloris required lengthy treatment after taking that blow to the head from Lukaku but Villas-Boas eventually agreed to the goalkeeper's request to continue. "Hugo still doesn't recall everything about the incident," he said. "It was a very difficult moment for us and I am happy he is well.

"I made the call to keep him on the pitch because of the signs he was giving. He was determined to continue and looked concentrated, driven and focused enough for me not to make the call to replace him. The saves he made after the incident proved that right."

Villas-Boas accepted the referee, Kevin Friend, was correct not to award a penalty when Jan Vertonghen fell under a Seamus Coleman challenge in the first half and again when the roles were reversed in the second half. "There was minimal contact," he said. Everton's manager, Roberto Martínez, however, believed Vertonghen should have been punished for his touch on the defender.

"They tell you decisions level themselves out over a season but it doesn't happen," said Martínez. "We had a similar situation at Villa and at the Etihad [Stadium]. Seamus gets impeded. He doesn't over-react, he gets back on his feet and it should have been a penalty."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/nov/03/tottenham-villas-boas-goal-record-everton

Think these two are related to each other. There were so many times Soldado shown himself as an option but Townsend ended up a missed target shot ( not only happening in this match). You can say they have been playing together for only 3 months , as long as they play much they should work well much better , however what worry me is this problem looks like a different kind of football sense rather than the lack of understanding.

Whenever is it possible even only 15-20 mins, i would like to see a Eriksen , Soldado and also Eriksen play together without Townsend . Maybe in a Europa league group stage game.

Poor, poor decision by AVB to leave Lloris in, overuling the medic's advice. Obvious concussion and memory loss. Granted he looked OK for the rest of the match, but should not have fooled around with that.

Poor, poor decision by AVB to leave Lloris in, overuling the medic's advice. Obvious concussion and memory loss. Granted he looked OK for the rest of the match, but should not have fooled around with that.

In fairness to AVB and all his medical staff they were all for bringing him off, from what we could see, granted from the other side of the pitch, Lloris was having none of it. The more the medics were trying to walk him off, the more Lloris was pushing to get back in goal

Think these two are related to each other. There were so many times Soldado shown himself as an option but Townsend ended up a missed target shot ( not only happening in this match). You can say they have been playing together for only 3 months , as long as they play much they should work well much better , however what worry me is this problem looks like a different kind of football sense rather than the lack of understanding.

Whenever is it possible even only 15-20 mins, i would like to see a Eriksen , Soldado and also Eriksen play together without Townsend . Maybe in a Europa league group stage game.

Townsend has not played in most of the Europa Cup games and CC cup games.

Lamela, Sigi and Defoe are a more lively and potent front 3 than Soldado, Townsend and Soldado .

Vertonghen happy with display
Jan Vertonghen praised Tottenham Hotspur's performance after their 0-0 draw with Everton but admitted they must win the big games to stay in touch at the top of the Premier League.

Jan Vertonghen: Pleased with how Tottenham played in draw at Everton

Spurs would have gone second with a victory at Goodison Park but they had to settle for a point despite dominating the first half.

Vertonghen was a key player going forward from left-back but then had to focus on his defensive duties after the interval as Everton hit back.

"I think in the first half we were the better team and had to score. There were not a lot of chances but more possession," the Belgian told Sky Sports.

"We were very sharp and did a lot of pressing.

"Because of circumstances I am at left-back and I try to attack because I know I can hurt teams.

"A point is okay but of course there are a lot of other teams at the top who keep winning so we have to see if we can win those big games as well."

Vertonghen could have had a penalty in the first half when he went down under pressure from Seamus Coleman, while later in the game there were appeals for an Everton spot-kick following another incident between the same two players.

Vertonghen felt the referee was right to wave play on both times, adding: "There was contact but it would have been harsh for Everton. I think it was similar in the second half."

The Tottenham defender also praised goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, who was determined to carry on despite being struck in the head by Romelu Lukaku's knee in the second half.

"Hugo is a strong man," said Vertonghen. "I think the doctors wanted to take him off because it can be dangerous if he keeps on playing. But he thought he could help the team by playing on."

Last edited:
In fairness to AVB and all his medical staff they were all for bringing him off, from what we could see, granted from the other side of the pitch, Lloris was having none of it. The more the medics were trying to walk him off, the more Lloris was pushing to get back in goal

Have to say it absolutely reminded me of John Cleese in that Fawlty Towers when he comes back to the hotel with his bandaged head...

Have to say it absolutely reminded me of John Cleese in that Fawlty Towers when he comes back to the hotel with his bandaged head...

Finally seen the incident close-up on SSN. F#ck me, no wonder he got knocked out, that was some whack he took. Possibly a little harsh on Lukaku to get a yellow if I'm being honest. Looked more an accident than intent

Again Steff not meaning to get at you but the only context that counts is where we finish[. We need to sort the attack out and sharpish as time and dropped points is not a luxury we have.

No worries mate, all good, decent discussion…

In response, I would say that you are absolutely correct and would further point out it is November 3rd and that the season ends in May. We are 4th with an attacking edge that most certainly DOES need to be sorted out. I think it comes down to how much faith you/we have in AVB…I have a lot.

Back