• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton (Goodison Park, Sun 3rd Nov @ 13:30) ***

I'm amazed at how many people are content with what we saw today. As somebody above said, its the same old story!
We are toothless having just spent 26 million on a very good striker. What are you seeing that so many others cannot?

Poor, poor decision by AVB to leave Lloris in, overuling the medic's advice. Obvious concussion and memory loss. Granted he looked OK for the rest of the match, but should not have fooled around with that.

Reading this comment and then looking at your picture just crackd me up! :ross:

Finally seen the incident close-up on SSN. F#ck me, no wonder he got knocked out, that was some whack he took. Possibly a little harsh on Lukaku to get a yellow if I'm being honest. Looked more an accident than intent

Oh 100%…NEVER a booking, he was absolutely entitled to go for it yes mate, and he didn't follow through at all. I actually thought Lukaku's behaviour and conduct was excellent, proper, genuine concern shown for Hugo and he was the first to wave a medic over…on a side note, still gutted we couldn't convince him to come to us a couple of years ago, christ he'd be wonderful for us...

I'm amazed at how many people are content with what we saw today. As somebody above said, its the same old story!
We are toothless having just spent 26 million on a very good striker. What are you seeing that so many others cannot?

A bigger picture?:lol:

I'm content with a point from the game. Everton are a strong team at their home ground and a point is an improvement on last season's result.

I'm content with a point from the game. Everton are a strong team at their home ground and a point is an improvement on last season's result.

I'm not getting at you in particular mate but I don't understand that last sentence. They were a different side last season with a different manager. Getting a point this time does not necessarily mean we have improved especially as we were under the cosh for so long in the second half. I mean we beat West Ham at the lane last season yet this time they whooped us - does that mean they have improved or we just had an off day.

A propos the Lloris 'concussion', who was our defender who got flattened in our 6yd box and was carrying on until the referee intervened?.

It must be 20 years ago, and the resultant corner was about to be taken when the mass of Spurs defenders started laughing - the supposedly recovered guy was wandering around asking them what pizza they wanted. He was subb-ed before the corner was taken.

A propos the Lloris 'concussion', who was our defender who got flattened in our 6yd box and was carrying on until the referee intervened?.

It must be 20 years ago, and the resultant corner was about to be taken when the mass of Spurs defenders started laughing - the supposedly recovered guy was wandering around asking them what pizza they wanted. He was subb-ed before the corner was taken.

I once had a rather heavy collision with a rugby post and when I came round I insisted on playing on and I scored a fantastic try.... for the wrong team.

ha ha ha, superb, never heard that story…sounds like kevin scott, although to be fair, he wandered around stupidly without concussions!

This is the one I remembered:

"GIDDY Gus Poyet was taken to hospital with concussion during Spurs' victory at West Ham

- after arguing AGAINST his side's winner.

The Uruguayan lost his marbles after crashing into Hammers midfielder Trevor Sinclair in the move that led to Les Ferdinand
netting the only goal of the game.

Poyet's effort was pushed on to the post by keeper David James and Ferdinand followed up to slam the ball home.

The former Chelsea midfielder then spent the next five minutes wandering around the box in a dazed

state insisting to whistler David Elleray that Spurs should have had a corner - without realising his side had scored.

Spurs boss Glenn Hoddle revealed: "Gus has got deep concussion. He is in hospital and he will have some scans done.

"He was totally out of it and was moaning to David Elleray that we should have been awarded a corner - he didn't even realise we'd scored.

"It was very brave of Gus to go in for that challenge but that is his trademark. He went in with venom and if Sinclair hadn't made the challenge he might have scored himself.

"He went in full-blooded and has got a nasty, nasty concussion and that is a concern to us.

"He is likely to be kept in overnight and the main thing is to have a scan and find out what the damage is."

No worries mate, all good, decent discussion…

In response, I would say that you are absolutely correct and would further point out it is November 3rd and that the season ends in May. We are 4th with an attacking edge that most certainly DOES need to be sorted out. I think it comes down to how much faith you/we have in AVB…I have a lot.

I dont think I do thats the issue... I think he is happy with relying on a moment of genius from particular players - be it Sig, Soldado, Eriksen et al... last year it was Bale.

I see no improvement as the season has progressed. Actually you can argue its been a deterioration.

This is the one I remembered:

"GIDDY Gus Poyet was taken to hospital with concussion during Spurs' victory at West Ham

- after arguing AGAINST his side's winner.

The Uruguayan lost his marbles after crashing into Hammers midfielder Trevor Sinclair in the move that led to Les Ferdinand
netting the only goal of the game.

Poyet's effort was pushed on to the post by keeper David James and Ferdinand followed up to slam the ball home.

The former Chelsea midfielder then spent the next five minutes wandering around the box in a dazed

state insisting to whistler David Elleray that Spurs should have had a corner - without realising his side had scored.

Spurs boss Glenn Hoddle revealed: "Gus has got deep concussion. He is in hospital and he will have some scans done.

"He was totally out of it and was moaning to David Elleray that we should have been awarded a corner - he didn't even realise we'd scored.

"It was very brave of Gus to go in for that challenge but that is his trademark. He went in with venom and if Sinclair hadn't made the challenge he might have scored himself.

"He went in full-blooded and has got a nasty, nasty concussion and that is a concern to us.

"He is likely to be kept in overnight and the main thing is to have a scan and find out what the damage is."

i was trying to find a video of that

was a really surreal moment - hilarious when he lost it at the ref, until i realized that he obv had concussion

Have a look at the league table. There's your answer.

I've heard that it is too early to judge a team with so many new players so early on!
Well I'll play that very same card and say that it is too early to be looking at where we are in this league so far.
I hope you are right and I hope that things improve but I'm not assuming that like so many have done on here. I want to see improvement in our play!

What is this bigger picture? Bore the other team to death? Hope for a pen a game?
Please elaborate!

I have. In a few other threads. Starting with 'YOU Are The Manager'…I'd be interested to see your POV in there mate, and I say that without any sarcasm, I genuinely would!

What is this bigger picture? Bore the other team to death? Hope for a pen a game?
Please elaborate!

For me the bigger picture is that AVB is integrating a raft of new players into a cohesive team and we are in the top four, five points off the lead. He has smartly done this by making us solid at the back and he is doing what he did with Lloris with MOST of the new signings - allowing them to settle into the country and the league.

I am old enough to have seen the Glory of the early 80's team and miss the swashbuckling style (that we also had under HR) and place my faith that AVB is working on how we score more. Remember last year (starting with Everton I think) we let in a load of late goals and AVB corrected that. It is highly possible that in the not too distant future our attacking side will click.

Reading this comment and then looking at your picture just crackd me up! :ross:

Exactly. Hence my obvious authority in this area. ;)

In all seriousness, that was a shocking decision and I hope Lloris is being carefully monitored. The fact that he wanted to return should not have swayed the gaffer. He was clearly unwell and could have seriously jeopardized his health. Should have come off and been treated for a concussion, scanned, etc. Lukaku had to come off after doing his knee on Lloris' skull, for crying out loud.

Back